It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American way of life is dead…

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Yeah, and if they demand currency and hyperinflate the U.S. currency, they destroy their own economies. Call it what you will, your argument is garbage.

Other countries can demand what ever they want, but they don't have the army or the navy to back it up. The sheep can demand whatever they want from the wolf, but they ain't gonna get it. You don't have a clue about international trade.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Very well said...I agree "the American way of life" is still truly the best in my opinion. America has always been "better off" even with all the problems America faces now.

America's competitors display other weaknesses that become apparent in times of crisis. As Harvard economic historian Niall Ferguson noted over the weekend in the Washington Post, while the U.S. stock market has declined roughly 18% this year, China has seen a fall of 48% and Russia of 55%. "These figures are not very good advertisements for the more regulated, state-led economic models favored in Beijing and Moscow," he wrote.

...posting to general thread audience...

Yes I do agree that a part of the problem is people in general are just being irresponsible, but the fact is that this is just part of our economic cycle. A decline is ALWAYS going to happen...On top of that you throw the media into all of this and you get something that is blown way of out proportion.

The point is that America will recover and then people (in general) can go back to living their ignorant "it won't happen to me" lives. Then in another 5-10 years another recession will happen and the media will get everybody worked up trying to find an explanation on why this keeps happening.....well duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by beefsupreme

Wake up and smell the coffee, the truth is just the opposite, the U.S. has been carrying the world's economy since WW II ended. Japan and China, and the entire eastern rim of Asia, including Indonesia, has been fixing their currency to the U.S. dollar in order to maintain a trade advantage, because they refuse to pay their people enough money to buy the products that they make. This is the biggest problem in the world economy. If the countries of Asia would make an effort to raise wages and create some domestic demand and put a balance to the world's economy, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Europe is tied to the U.S. at the hip. As things go in the U.S., things go in Europe. Have you bothered to pay attention to world markets over the last week, and the situation with world banks? Russia is even more dependent, as their only real domestic product is oil. They do not make cars or tractors or electronics, are anything else that I can think of that the rest of the world wants.

The third world depends on Western Europe, the U.S., and Japan and S. Korea for their economic survival, providing very little to the worlds economy. If the 1st world economies tank, the grossly overpopulted third will suffer far more. This is a very sad fact of the situation.

You people might want to be a little more careful as you rejoice at the fall of the U.S. economy.
I hate to point this out, but your "coffee" hasn't been fresh since about 1986. The US does not "carry the world" as you said. Our current economy is based on having the producers of the items we consume finance our ability to consume them. If you don't see the problem there, serious basic education is in order. Shouting "We're Number One" and sticking American flags all over our cars makes us feel good, but it doesn't do s**t about the real problem. Our problem is that for the last several decades, we have financed our lifestyles with other people's money. Fix that and you will fix America, but that is going to be about twenty years of pain and deprivation, and I'm not convinced the average American will do it.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yeah, and if they demand currency and hyperinflate the U.S. currency, they destroy their own economies. Call it what you will, your argument is garbage. Other countries can demand what ever they want, but they don't have the army or the navy to back it up. The sheep can demand whatever they want from the wolf, but they ain't gonna get it. You don't have a clue about international trade.

it seems you have no clue yourself ,huh ... whats your age , kid and what are you in high school....

Yeah, and if they demand currency and hyperinflate the U.S. currency, they destroy their own economies.

for some yes, for some no ..... most economists do not agree with you , as oil -producing nations will face recession in short term and yes, many economists in the world , believe that China ,india ,Russia economy will continue to grow , even if USA enters depression and hyperinflation...

Why China Will Boom During the 2009 Great American Depression
--------
In terms of China’s economy, it has been changing over the past two-three years and is increasingly a consumer driven economy rather than an export driven one. That said, Chinese exports are still an important part of its economic base. However, impact from a US slowdown is likely to be minimal. Indeed, as U.S. purchases slowed earlier in the year, China actually showed an increase in its exports as it sold more to other emerging markets both in Asia, South America, the Middle East and Africa.

While America struggles with a breakdown of its financial systems and massive debt, it continues to fight two wars globally, is largely dependent on oil, completely inefficient in its use of its energy resources, and has a new leader who will also have to be embedded in place in just a few weeks.

That is in stark contrast to China which is largely energy sufficient, (although supply chains needs improving a weaker oil price will help investment), it has a buoyant domestic economy, has engaged a moderate level of energy usage per head of population, is fighting no wars, and continues to have stable leadership.

We would expect a China, and emerging markets elsewhere to boom during such circumstances, with growing economies well managed and fiscally secure, during a time when U.S. and European markets will continue to require less expensive products during their recessions.
www.china-briefing.com...

Call it what you will, your argument is garbage.

technically, no, because the solution you offer is similiar to Mugabe's solution for zimbabwe(printing more currency to , which has led to inflation of 100000%+

Other countries can demand what ever they want, but they don't have the army or the navy to back it up.

lol, Russia has the army and nukes to back it up and kilo SSK's to deal with american SSN's in case they enter barents sea
and yes, USA has no superhardened underground cities like Russia , which has several of them ..... USA is just a paper tiger , with feet of clay

The sheep can demand whatever they want from the wolf, but they ain't gonna get it.

except for the fact that the shepard is China and its attack dog is Russia which is armed with nukes to its teeth, so don't worry USA can demand nothing from China and Russia

You don't have a clue about international trade.

much more than you as i have attended WEF meets .....
and you have a clue???

no wonders , american economy is in gutters and american fiscal ,budgetary ,trade deficits are and national debt are so high , thanks to americans like you that Bush is elected

so better start praying that China bails you out of the crisis

[edit on 12-10-2008 by sadchild01

[edit on 12-10-2008 by sadchild01]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Once again, someone has jumped the gun and assumed that the US is dead.

The dollar is strengthing against all foreign curencies; oil is falling in price much faster than it went up; and the vast majority of people in the US still have well paying jobs.

But those that are jealous and envious of the US will continue to see its demise every other week.

Oh yes, for our Russian friends, I might remind you that those lazy, decadent Americans produced over 60% of the war materials you all used during World War II. And thousands died getting those supplies to the then Soviet Union.

Not too bad for a buch of lazy, incompetent folks.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

and this is why the rest of the world hates most Americans and i say most because there maybe a very, very low percentage of Americans that aren't as arrogant as the rest of you

just a very personal message from your neighbour's in the north

Sincerely:

The Canadians

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Oldmedic, no one is saying America is dead but the American way of life, there is a big difference if you can see it. What It means is the lazy hazy days of complacency and ignorance are over. The days of living off the fat and being a gas guzzling throw away nation are over and I think many will welcome that.

And its not just change for America or Americans it means change for many people in the developed World. Our modern lifestyles have been bought by the fact that the perps who have all the power and money allowed us to have some of it for a while but now thats finished. They have got imorally rich from it while we have got imorally in debt because of it.

Now that will all stop and I for one don't think it will be such a bad thing. But what we need is a fairer system and getting the money back of the parasites that have robbed us of our hard earnt money.

And as far as what America did for Russia so what, looking backwards all the time stops us going forward and just maintains the old hates and ignorance which does none of us anygood.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OldMedic

nonsense, it was not 60% , it was a mere 10% war material

Lend-Lease was one of Franklin Roosevelt's most remarkable and vital achievements in the formation of the anti-Hitler alliance'. Lend lease material accounted for almost 10% of all Russian war material.
www.theeasternfront.co.uk...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by sadchild01]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Considering the source, Im not surprised that Prvada has returned to its roots; That is shameless propaganda.

Tough times? you bet. Changes needed? You bet?

America down and out? Hardly.

While the current mentality of deficit spending has got to end, its hardly the end of the country, and nor do I expect bread lines and the like anytime soon.

Thank you.. it is nice to see some semblance of reason here from time to time.

I am just AMAZED at the sheer amount of giddiness over what many believe is the "Fall of America" I can almost hear the hooting and hollaring.

That is ok, thats is what we need. That and an Obama victory will get the world back on track. They will stop focusing their "hate" on Amerca and start focusing it on where it belongs, extremists, terrorism and other threats. (Note: I do not mean the "war on terror")

If the world believes America has fallen, that we are all in bread lines, we have "learned our lesson" an that we have a softer face (Obama) we may stop hearing the "Death to America" chants over and over (this forum included.. although with masked words) and start getting some credit for the GOOD America does, heck, the world might even start waxing poetic about how America is "one of them" now.

Right now America gets NO credit for:

Humanitarian aid to countless countries
Goods and services donated to countless countries
Blanket no conditions aid $$$$ to countless countries
Military protection of countless countries
Medical Advances and breakthroughs
Technological Advances and breakthroughs
Higher Educational Opportunities
hundreds of other things everyone else seems to take from granted or doesn't even know exist.

We need this as a Nation, to be thought of as "weak" at least for a while.
Let the rest of the world think we are all living in tent cities and fighting in bread lines, they will still eat McDonalds, they will still drink Starbucks and they'll still go to the next Will Smith blockbuster, just as they have all along, only now it'll be with a little less hatred.

Most people who are on this board right now do not know even one iota of what America has contributed to the world.. all they see is George W Bush. They forget (or don't know) that without the US, there wouldn't even be an ATS website, there wouldn't be.. a "web".

Once North Korea, Iran, China and Russia start believing the hype and they start flexing their muscles over this "fall of America" .. who will the world call to save them?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Don't need to own an arms manufacturing plant when you are part of the job. Haven't you learned that? Think about it. We sold weapons to both sides.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Delta, America has sold weapons to anyone and everyone. But back on topic, why is it that some members cannot see the difference between America is dead which it is not and the American way of life is dead, which is what this thread is about.

No one is hollering about it or jumping up and down, I would think that for most people they see these events with concern and compassion as these situations affect us all, more so in the US but none the less it will be felt by everyone to varying degrees.

The only ones I can see who will be jumping for joy is the parasites that have robbed us blind and now have got our respective Goverments to use our taxes to prop up these criminals and their activuities.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Office 4256

AND

Let's just say I am old enough to cut the mustard.

Obviously last weeks Asian stock market ride, where Asian stock markets dropped even faster than U.S. stock markets showed that claims of Asian independence from U.S. markets is nothing but pure fantasy, and Russia had to close their markets, the effect was soo bad.

As far as Russian military might, LMAO, as long as they can get U.S. computers to run their stuff, they are somewhat functional. Russia has about as much chance at success in attacking the U.S. as a snowball in hell. China would love to take back Taiwan, but they wouldn't dare attempt the few miles of the straight separating Mainland from Taiwan, they are soo scared of the U.S. Navy, and rightfully so.

China is growing domestic demand, but not fast enough. China also has some very severe environmental problems that they are going to have to address.

You American bashers are such a funny lot, you live in such a fantasy world. My coffee is nice and strong, not the instant stuff you guys are probably drinking.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Poet, I think you show much ignorance to the capabilities of the Russians and the Chinese. Let me remind you it was the Russians who led the space race and still do, the US relies on Russian rocket technology etc. You may want to believe the US is all powerful but there is a difference bewteen what you believe and the reality of the situation which is the US is in that much debt that it cannot do half the things you think it can. Unless of course the American people want to live in debt servitude for generations to come, paying for illegal wars, an overly large military that it does not even need and the fat cats getting even fatter.

And this thread is about the end of the American way of life as we know it, so that impact is on Americans not on any one else. As stated before the Americans have had it easy for a long time and that is all to change. The American public will now have to pay the full price of their material lives rather than getting everything on the cheap.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

As far as Russian military might, LMAO, as long as they can get U.S. computers to run their stuff, they are somewhat functional.

whats your age ?? no wonders manson_322 ripped each of your arguements to shreds, have you forgotten the soviet superscalar processor that was developed by USSr in 1978, and then copied by West in 1992
nah and nowadays, russians import microchips from china , Japan or India .... and

by the US military is dependent on chinese made microchips ,

But U.S. military microchip suppliers have in recent years been “sharing components from a single source manufactured in mainland China for use by the United States military.

China's advanced computer chips run everything from civilian rice cookers to military communications, surveillance, and missile guidance systems.

According to one online industry publication, Chinese circuitry is now used “in the smallest, fastest and most powerful computer chips in world.

xmb.stuffucanuse.com...

so, go thank China , as your companies have outsourced everything to china and now you are dependent on it

China would love to take back Taiwan, but they wouldn't dare attempt the few miles of the straight separating Mainland from Taiwan, they are soo scared of the U.S. Navy, and rightfully so.

they use to be scared in 80's , now they have kilo SSKs in the straits and its US navy which is fearful of chinese SSKs and sunburn missiles that China has..

China is growing domestic demand, but not fast enough. China also has some very severe environmental problems that they are going to have to address.

chinese demand is growing and will continue to grow ....

You American bashers are such a funny lot, you live in such a fantasy world. My coffee is nice and strong, not the instant stuff you guys are probably drinking.

nah , no basher , but yes , you watch too much fox news

Obviously last weeks Asian stock market ride, where Asian stock markets dropped even faster than U.S. stock markets showed that claims of Asian independence from U.S. markets is nothing but pure fantasy, and Russia had to close their markets, the effect was soo bad

nah a short term problem, it was a correction bound to happen , the stock market bubble burst thanks to american crisis, this was being predicted by indian and middle eastern economists since 2007 , that a correction was overdue

reply to post by magicmushroom

magic , check his infantile strawman agruements , out ,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

when manson ripped his strawman arguements to shreds consistently, he went into a infantile denial , read them , you will be laughing at the claims poet1b makes

[edit on 14-10-2008 by sadchild01]

[edit on 14-10-2008 by sadchild01]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I am used to clear and intelligently written responses here on ATS.

it seems you have no clue yourself ,huh ... whats your age , kid and what are you in high school....

Assumptions and ridicule?? Come on; engage us with something more than this.

lol, Russia has the army and nukes to back it up and kilo SSK's to deal with american SSN's in case they enter barents sea
and yes, USA has no superhardened underground cities like Russia , which has several of them ..... USA is just a paper tiger , with feet of clay

Threats of war?? I hardly think you personally in a position pose the threat of war.

except for the fact that the shepard is China and its attack dog is Russia which is armed with nukes to its teeth, so don't worry USA can demand nothing from China and Russia

More threats??

much more than you as i have attended WEF meets .....
and you have a clue???

no wonders , american economy is in gutters and american fiscal ,budgetary ,trade deficits are and national debt are so high , thanks to americans like you that Bush is elected

so better start praying that China bails you out of the crisis

It's difficult to follow your thoughts on this statement. However, I can say that China is choking on its own polution to such a degree, that many of its ordinary citizens like you and I encounter serious health issues and death just from consuming the water.

On the subject or your composition and grammar; you are aware that spell check works the same for me as it does for you?

ATS Administrators: I was under the impression that you did not allow posts such as this.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

ROTFLMAO

Yeah, well you're gonna believe whatever you want to believe in that fantasy world of yours. Did you notice your link to Chinese computers doesn't even name what fabulous chip the Chinese are making. Good money would be that the chip was designed by a U.S. corporation, and is produced by a U.S. corporation in China. It is a lower tech chip that can be made most cheaply in China. It is used in a lot of stuff, and only manufactured in a few locations. Thing is, it could be made anywhere.

If Russia and China are so good, were are the cars and computers that they have designed and put out on the market? Heck, U.S. scientists had to give the Chinese the equations to enable them to launch large payloads, like satelites, into space as late as the nineties. Launches are old technology, the most advanced technology is in the satelites and deep space probes, and the U.S. is far ahead in the highest tech areas. Heck, most of the Japanese designs are being done in the U.S. these days. The internet runs on equipment designed in the U.S.. The most sophisticated technology is built in the U.S. or Western Europe, not China, and certainly not Russia.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Did you notice your link to Chinese computers doesn't even name what fabulous chip the Chinese are making. Good money would be that the chip was designed by a U.S. corporation, and is produced by a U.S. corporation in China.

another infantile response , clearly read what I stated in my previous post:

so, go thank China , as your companies have outsourced everything to china and now you are dependent on it

It is a lower tech chip that can be made most cheaply in China. It is used in a lot of stuff, and only manufactured in a few locations. Thing is, it could be made anywhere.

and the US military uses lower tech chips

yes, they can be made anywhere , but yet , your corporations love china and its lower costs and prefer to produce it there , rather than USA

were are the cars and computers that they have designed and put out on the market?

check out russian Kamaz trucks , one of the world's best off road capable trucks , has won Dakar Rally 5 times
and the american automobile industry is failing , while Germans and japanese are leaders in it

The most sophisticated technology is built in the U.S. or Western Europe, not China, and certainly not Russia.

the world of yours is outdated....reality check :

Study Shows China as World Technology Leader
Technology indicators show China ahead of the U.S. in technological standing

Atlanta (January 24, 2008) —A new study of worldwide technological competitiveness suggests China may soon rival the United States as the principal driver of the world’s economy – a position the U.S. has held since the end of World War II. If that happens, it will mark the first time in nearly a century that two nations have competed for leadership as equals.
www.gatech.edu...

A chart showing change in the technological standing of the 33 nations is dominated by one feature – a long and continuous upward line that shows China moving from “in the weeds” to world technological leadership over the past 15 years.

The 2007 statistics show China with a technological standing of 82.8, compared to 76.1 for the United States, 66.8 for Germany and 66.0 for Japan. Just 11 years ago, China’s score was only 22.5. The United States peaked in 1999 with a score of 95.4.

China’s emphasis on training scientists and engineers – who conduct the research needed to maintain technological competitiveness – suggests it will continue to grow its ability to innovate. In the United States, the training of scientists and engineers has lagged, and post-9/11 immigration barriers have kept out international scholars who could help fill the gap.

“For scientists and engineers, China now has less than half as many as we do, but they have a lot of growing room,” noted Newman. “It would be difficult for the United States to get much better in this area, and it would be very easy for us to get worse. It would be very easy for the Chinese to get better because they have more room to maneuver.”

China is becoming a leader in research and development, Porter noted. For instance, China now leads the world in publications on nanotechnology,
www.gatech.edu...

this study was from the The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the USA's premier research universities. Ranked seventh among U.S. News & World Report's top public universities,

[edit on 15-10-2008 by sadchild01]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

From your very own source.

A new study of worldwide technological competitiveness suggests China may soon rival the United States as the principal driver of the world’s economy

may soon as in currently doesn't lead the U.S. in technology. What the report fails to mention is that China has increased its technological capabilities because it had so much room for improvement.

China currently educates more engineers, but most technological innovations doesn't come from degreed engineers, it comes from college drop outs.

We can all speculate on what may happen, but that is nothing but pure fantasy, as I keep pointing out to you. Japan was supposed to be ruling the technology world by now, but that never happened either.

While the U.S. auto industry is falling behind, at least they are competitive, which China and Russia are not. So what if Russia manages to make a custom off road vehicle that can actually compete, it still puts them far behind. Still, Japan primarily copies it's automotive technology from the U.S..

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

By the way, this statement;

and the US military uses lower tech chips

Shows that you have absolutely no clue about technology. Il
'll bet you thought you were real clever with this statement.

Yes, the U.S. military uses low tech chips, all circuit designs still use low tech chips. Not every chip on the board needs to by high tech, the basics, like op amps and A to D converters are still needed, just like low tech devices like inductors and capacitors are still needed. Sure, todays op amps are more sophisticated than op amps from ten years ago, just like inductors and capacitors are more sophisticated than they were a hundred years ago, but they are still the same low tech devices.

After the last great depression, which was a world wide depression, the world thought that the U.S. was a "has been" nation, just as they do now, and that assumption was a very foolish mistake on their part. The situation now is no different than then.

The demise of the U.S. has been greatly exaggerated.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

China currently educates more engineers, but most technological innovations doesn't come from degreed engineers, it comes from college drop outs.

crap , major innovations in space research,nanotechnology,nuclear research,microwave tech, semiconductor fabrication came from degreed engineers , your arguement is crap ....

What the report fails to mention is that China has increased its technological capabilities because it had so much room for improvement.

and clearly , the report states that China is becoming a leader in research and development,and is already rivaling the US , which you were denying

and yes,
www.webwire.com...
www.ibls.com...

www.universityworldnews.com...

We can all speculate on what may happen, but that is nothing but pure fantasy, as I keep pointing out to you. Japan was supposed to be ruling the technology world by now, but that never happened either.

as usual pure fantasy from americans , USA is in decline

While the U.S. auto industry is falling behind, at least they are competitive, which China and Russia are not.

US automobile industry makes mostly ,inefficient gas guzzling SUV garbage and you call that competitive lol, no wonders GM and Ford are suffering massive losses

by the way russians have world's best off road trucks Kamaz and Japanese manufacture Mitsubishi Montero/Pajero which is reputed to be best off road SUV on the planet , won Dakar rally 14 times , your american Hummer not even once ,lolololol ,

en.wikipedia.org...

So what if Russia manages to make a custom off road vehicle that can actually compete, it still puts them far behind.

lol, Russians have Kamaz off road heavy duty trucks , and US has no counterparts comparable to russian heavt duty kamaz off road trucks(which has won 7 times) as proven by Dakar rally in the past 29 years

Still, Japan primarily copies it's automotive technology from the U.S..

really, they copy inefficient gas guzzling american SUV's ???? nah,american SUV are failing and american auto industry is in heavy losses and on the brink of collapse ............

by the hybrid technology was made successful by Japanese

Automotive hybrid technology became successful in the 1990s when the Honda Insight and Toyota Prius became available. These vehicles have a direct linkage from the ICE to the driven wheels, so the engine can provide acceleration power.
en.wikipedia.org...

and only recently in 2006 , did GM and Ford start investing hybrid tech
FYI hybrid tech was pioneered by germans , and made commercially successful by japanese

Shows that you have absolutely no clue about technology. Il
'll bet you thought you were real clever with this statement.

what a fool , who does not understand satire

After the last great depression, which was a world wide depression, the world thought that the U.S. was a "has been" nation, just as they do now, and that assumption was a very foolish mistake on their part. The situation now is no different than then.

Soviet economy were in boom then , and yes, the main demand for goods was from USA, but now China is slowily replacing the USA

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join