It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American way of life is dead…

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
pravda is correct , american way of life is dead indeed , now the true hardships of american people are going to begin

read from article :

Large quantities of second hand goods will also come on the market, as people move away from large stuffed houses in the suburbs to smaller, some times much smaller, apartments and houses in the cities. Craig's List, Ebay and garage sale hunters will greatly benefit, at least in the short term.

But there will be massive problems in the cities. Over crowding is the most obvious one. But with little industry, little money and only the service economy to rely on, the cities will be poor, angry and dangerous, as well as over crowded. The country side will become once again lonely and manageable and small towns and villages a lot more inviting. A return to America cira 1920s is more likely.

Illegal aliens take note: not only will American workers compete more directly with you over jobs than any time in the past 50 years, but they will fully view you, and correctly to boot, as the usurpers you are of their livelihood. Illegals' lives are going to get very dangerous and violent.

Tourism will of course suffer, so all those far flung, well developed tourist hot spots, that also happen to be in hurricane paths, will become lonely and decayed. It will become harder and harder for the government to pay for their almost annual rebuilding or even to justify it. Nature will be a big winner in all this.

But one final issue must be faced, the one issue that could easily launch those over packed cities into full scale revolt: veterans. Yes, with bankruptcy of the great big world wide empire, some one million well trained and often enough, well armed, veterans will be returning to the cities where their chances of jobs are slim at best. If they take arms, things in the America of the 2010s will be rather interesting and lively indeed.

The era of big spending, large houses, long commutes and giant SUVs and trucks are over. Sure, the contraction back into tightly packed cities and small modest houses, budgeted spending and compact cars will not come over night and it is equally sure that the indebted and breaking US consumer will fight it every step of the way, but it is over.

BREAKING NEWS
Every U.S. citizen holds 86,000 dollars of national debt
The demise of America
Hypocritical West stands up against Russia

Stunning photos of Russia's Soyuz booster rocket
More...

The first thing to already go is the big trucks and SUVs. Sure there are plenty still on the roads, but sales of new ones are falling fast, actually collapsing out right would be a more proper term. Next, considering the absolute lack of public transportation in most US urban and suburban areas and for that matter the very city centers, next will come the car pooling fad, as smaller cars still eat gas, a commodity still climbing in price.

Sooner or later this will reach a tipping point as well, where even car pooling will no longer work, as incomes will never keep up with inflation. Incomes will further degrade as the cycle of cut backs by suppliers followed by cut backs and layoffs by businesses continues. Fewer hours and less real pay will make the expense of far flung large yards, expensive to heat and cool large houses and high gasoline bills, seem rather infuriating and pointless to support.

A final hit upon the suburbanite will be the high increase in the cost of goods around him. Since rail head are limited and diesel is sailing far ahead of gasoline, the best prices on goods will be those around the inner city, closest to the rail heads. Goods that have to be trucked out to the various far flung stores will bare the price of the fuel that delivers them. Many stores will close driving not only jobs away from the suburbs but also the ability to live comfortably.

As more and more suburbanites return to live in the city, the propert

[edit on 10-10-2008 by sadchild01]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Mystiq, the point I was making with the Native Indians was it ws a gruop of people who were lied to and cheated out of their wealth, does that sound familiar?

Fred T, its early days yet, this is just the start of it, when the poo really hits the fan people wont knwo whats hit them.

And again irrespective of the source its not telling any lies is it or is it justa case of the old enemy attitude.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Interesting I wonder if we are going to see again an exodus of people moving from their death small towns to big cities looking for better pay jobs.

Is like post depression era all over again, advantage of living in big cities, but also like you said the over crowding will become an issue.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I live in the UK so can not speak from personal experience re the situation in the USA, but this Pravda article does seem to me to be right on the money regarding American history and the current situation. Perhaps the current US problems can only be seen correctly from outside it's borders. Just my thoughts

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's not an 'old enemy' problem.

It's distinguishing distopian hyperbole from valid concern.

Don't you think the Russians have a bit of an axe to grind, also?

The future is not set in stone, and people are, if anything, more resilient and adaptable than any rhetoric can paint them.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Wow real surprise coming from a Russian web site. They are still quite bitter about losing the cold war and are hoping for the demise of the USA.

Life will go on in America. We have been knocked down but Americans do not stay down they get back up and fight.

In a way this will be good for America. It is a wake up call. I am amazed at the number of people in America that have no idea what is going on in their own country. More people can tell you who the last winner on American Idol or Dancing with the Stars was then can tell you the name of the Speaker of the House or the Senators and Congressman that represent them in Washington. They have no clue what is going on.
I asked a co-worker who Nancy Pelosi was, she had no clue. She was able to name all the American Idol winner from season one.

It is time for Americans to wake up and pay attention to what is going on. We need to help each other during these times and make the changes necessary to make sure the future will be better for our children.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Marg, populations have always shifted due to any number of reasons but I'm not sure that it will happen big time in the US. What the US and all countries should be doing is growing and building up their food supplies. The days of paying farmers to grow nothing should be over and now the impetus should be on each country being as self sustainable as it can be. With the size of the US population food is going to be a big issue so the more that can grow the better. This will in turn provide much needed employment and make the food supply far more stable.

Anything that can be grown at home should be, shipping costs a fortune and will help the US to be less reliant on massive supplies from over seas, as I said every country should be at it and where possible every individual.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ian, the US over the years has helped Russia in many ways not least massive food supplies. I would hope that if required they might return the favour. When we are all up poo creek the best thing to do is help each other as much as we can. Old hates should be put asside for the benefit of all.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You know... this kind of reminds me of the Roaring 1920s before the Great Depression that led to World War 2 on other countries which led to the Superpower status of the U.S. Me like!!!!!
We may experience the same parallel situation as other countries' people clamor for action which may include war where the U.S. may benefit.

The American way of life cannot be denied. The Great Depression tried that and failed and the Golden Age of the 1950s and 60s allowed it to flourish.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Erasure, a star for you, I think publicly Russia might want to gain some points but behind the scenes I think they will help the US. And your quite right, its time for people to wake up, not just Americans but every one everywhere.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

hoping for demise???

USA has already lost its financial superpower status , and only remains a military superpower , and without financial power ,military power cannot be sustained

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Delta, I thought you might have realised by now that the only people who benefit from war are the perps running the show, unless of course you own a big arms making plant.

link   
If America falls, if we lose everything and I'm the last one standing you know what? I ain't leaving, I'm still an American and you'll have to kill me to make me leave. America isn't going anywhere and if we did the rest of the world will follow. Look at the world now and tell me that when our economy falls no one else's does. We will get through this just like our ancestors did. The way of life for an American will be stronger than before and when all the smoke clears " America " will be here.

link   
The article does bring up several very good points which,no doubt,some will dismiss because the web site is Russian,and nothing they say can possibly be true.

But if oil is no longer traded by the dollar,then things will change,and it won't be for the better.

As i said in another thread,empires rise and empires fall.The decline of America is inevitable,but who can say how far it will actually fall.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

War to benefit???

Really???

Who benefits from war apart from the people who make the weapons, as we have seen with halliburton, and many others?

I have to say that is quite a crass remark - you would welcome a war that benefits the US even if it cost the lives of millions?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Solar, Of course America will still be there, maybe not as it is now but hopefully an America that stands for the people and not corporate greed and bought off politicians. As with all woes its the little people who get pissed on every time, hopefully one day this will stop and the powers that be will be held accountable.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

The key here is, will fed up Americans will allow another war? that should be the question here.

For what we have seen Iraq and Afghanistan didn't do a darn thing to help regular Americans but it did to fill the coffers of greedy politicians and their cronies.

I think most Americans already has seen the deception and I bet my butt that they will not allow another deception to fly again.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

again incorrect , without cheap oil , this is not possible to sustain and americann dream seizes to exist ....

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Marg, I hope your right, I truly do, its what I have said for years, the people get sucked in thinking they are doing and suporting a just cause and then they relsie its been another big con trick and whilst many familes grieve and suffer others watch their bank balances grow ever bigger.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

That's what I'd like to see.
I want people to get mad like Howard Beale said but forget shouting it out the window. Go to Washington and shout it out instead. Here's some truth from 1976.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join