It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American way of life is dead…

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Thanks, I will sent a complaint. MM told me to get of fte thread, and wrote three posts in a row attacking me personally. I feel I have more than enough reason to protest an edit of one of my posts.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I had to laugh when I saw that the article was from pravda..What will they print next..The United States headed for glasnost and peristroika...are we going to be waiting in line for bread and toilet paper? I have to say that sure things are a bit tough but do we really think the powers that be will let us turn into a third world country or even crumble from within? Im not posting like I think I know everything because I surely do not and thats why I look to ATS because to be honest there are some real intelligent people that post here and I have learned alot for you and I only hope there is something I can possibly teach you in the future...Cheers..Beers on me tonight ATS

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
CMD, irrespective of the source what do you think of the situation its not like its justa bit of a problem, it is a huge problem and many Americans are suffering for it. Obama may be many things but he's not a magician and if anything he will be told what to do like all other presidents have done before them.

Only when you seperate the politicians from the super rich and powerful will you achieve change and change for the better. But for the imediate future things are going to get alot tougher for the American people and the country is already losing its super power status. One cannot sustain such a position on military might alone it takes alot more than that. Russia may not be a super power economically but it is from the point of military might. the US is going the same way but what is worse for America is that its turning into a fascist state.

All the signs are there and its going to get alot worse before it gets better. Obama wont pull out of the ME and conflict with Iran and others is still on the cards. This dose not bode well for the US or its citizens.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
LMAO!Pravda?Gimme a break.America is changing for the better thanks to president elect Obama.He now knows the seriousness of the situation with Iran.I approve of him taking time out to choose his administration carefully.His first choice for Chief of staff is shear brilliance.
Ive spoken to actually Russians(not fake propaganda websites).Putin is nothing but a dictator in sheeps clothing.You see Russians have never known real freedom.Putin replaced one oligarchy for another loyal only to him not the people of russia.All those ive spoken with agreed the West is much better than their home country as it is now.
All this crap russia is puffing about is all Cold war era threats and intimindation.No,Russia doesnt have my respect as long as threats continue.The rest of the world does not agree with Russia no matter what russia says.
Nuclear weapons are fast becoming obselete.Never mind the human,and environmental impact from using such weapons.
The West stands united.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

Thats the full thrust of your argument is it? Its a Russian site so therefore everything they say is BS?

Guess this debate must be over then.....oh,wait,here's a similar article from an English news site.

'Dead zone' threat to US suburban dream.

Petrol price rises may cause the housing bubble to burst, triggering global recession and the fall of America's Eden.

Now there are fears it is coming to an end. For the past five years America has been gripped by a housing price bubble. It has funded a huge expansion of suburbia as Americans poured their wealth into their homes. Yet many think that bubble may be about to burst. That would send shock waves through the US economy and into the rest of the world. Nor is that the only threat. The rising price of oil is squeezing suburbanites. It threatens a way of life where pavements are rare and everyone moves by car.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Justice, this thread is about the American way of life changing for the worse, although external countries may exert some influence the situation is whats happening now to the US. depsite the heady super power days you now have a country that is trillions of dollars in debt, a worthless currency, falling education standards, families in their thousands loosing their homes everyday, people struggling to buy food and have health care and that is only part of the problem.

On top of that you have illegal wars, trillions spent of weapons for offensive means not defensive, you have open corruption with politicians even the rich are hawking their valuables so these are all indicators of something going wrong. As an American what do you think of this and do you have any ideas on how to put things right.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Im not really sure what to think, I mean I have some ideas churning away in my brain so I will throw caution to the wind and provide some of my thoughts with my ATS community.

IMOO, I think there is always a new president stepping into his predecessors mess but this time its a big mess for Pres Elect Obama, Im a very hard core republican or I thought I was because I was so inundated with being a soldier and being overseas so much I just thought it was right to believe in your CINC and what the republicans are doing for the country but now that I am now just a tax paying law abiding citizen I see alot of changes and yes they are not good. My political view has shifted so drastically that I almost despise what GWB and his fellow flithy rich have done to us, The billions of dollars that they have bilked out of the country and that piece of crap outfit Halliburton makes me ill as do many of the wealthy because they dont care about the lower and middle class at all. Im so tired of those bufoons sitting in their ivory towers while we struggle, Its the lower and middle class who are fighting the wars and its us the lower and middle class who are the backbone of this country, They can only hide behind there money for so long.

Iam a white middle class american, I love this country and proudly served in the military and although I am a bit cynical about president elect Obama and I dont see him as black or white or any color I see him as a fixture that will hopefully fix our country. I think that maybe this is the one to fix whats broken, He is a humble man, He loves baseball and wants to get our people out of Iraq and comes from humble beginnings and maybe thats what we need here, So far he seems honest and he has much work to do, I just feel for the GM autoworkers that could lose their jobs, I mean the Chevy dealership by my home is filled with new cars but no customers and I feel for the people who may lose thier 401k's and the folks who are losing their homes. I dont think we will ever become a third world nation but if something or someone doesnt do anything maybe we will finally see whats its like to depend on other nations like some depend on us..I am no longer a republican nor am I democrat, I am an american who would like to see change and in a positive way and if this nation should ever crumble, I am ready to protect my loved ones and whats mine, Ive been fortunate enough to receieve some very good training during my time served in the army and I will use that training to defend whats mine.....

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
CMD, a star for you, yes you are correct in everything you said but the problem that we the little people have is seperating the politicians who are supposed to represent us from the mega rich eprps who buy them off for their own bidding. I know people are putting alot of faith and trust in Obama but I cannot help feeling that the perps have just changed the manikin in the front window.

No disrepect to Obama and he may be full of good intentions for America and its people but will he be allowed to do anything. Time will tell of course but something quick needs to be done re people loosing their homes etc. You cannot justify trillions on waging war when your own people are suffering but do the perps really care, I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The problems of the worlds economy goes far beyond the U.S.. Most of the nations of the world are third world nations ruled by ruthless thugs who abuse the people regularly. The U.S. is one on of the best countries in the world and will continue to be one of the best countries in the world for a long time.

While the U.S. has problems, compared to the nations of the first world, we are still living way, high on the hog. As far as the other first world nations, while they compete very well with us, they all have their problems as well.

Our current international economic problems are mainly about how international trade is being conducted, how the poor around the world are being exploited to lower wages for people in first world nations, all for the enrichment of the super elites. This is the same old story since the dawn of the industrial age, and before that. Blaming all the problems in the world on the U.S. is straight up ingnorant and stupid.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
No one is blaming Americans here, the discussion is about the changing face of America. And yes some Americans are still living high on the hog but millions are not. When the gap between the haves and have nots becomes wide enough thats when you get a civil war/revolution.

Millions have staked their belief on the fact that Obama will be their Saviour, well he will go from Saviour to Satan in no time at all. All the parasites have done is changed the Dummy in the front window, to give their plans a respectable face after Buffoon Bush has ruined it.

More war, civil unrest in the US, more unemployemnt, more losing homes and more food queues that is what is in store for the US. But its not just that, that famous bubble that American dream is just that a dream and while the last vestiges of it are still lingering for some for the many its hard times ahead. All that and more to come, the perps are hell bent on their plan, they dont care who suffers be it Americans, Iranians or Iraqis. They are just cannon fodder, a resource to be used and abused and then killed off.

Dontt believe me, history is full of such action from countries all around the World in all times. the US is no morer immune to this than any other nation. Yet unlike most the American people have one big advantage, their guns, they have them for now, how long that will last I'm not sure but one thing I am sure of the day they take them off the people then you know you are in trouble. The definition of a Police State is one where the people do not have the right to defend themselves and I know I live in one.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What is going on around the world, also affects what goes on in the U.S.. It is all connected.

The U.S. is going through a lot of transitions right now, and those changes are for the better, even if at this time, things are difficult. As an American, the changes I see taking place in the U.S. are for the better, and are in fact necessary. The U.S. will emerge from this period of transition stronger, and better than ever. As I see it, the U.S. is currently evolving at a much faster rate than Asia or Europe. Asia is still playing catch up, while Europe is tangled up in disolving old conflicts. Many areas of Europe are very progressive, but they are not in a good position for advancing into this new information age that we are entering.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The word is the US is devolving, whilst Asia and Europe are racing ahead. Although some refer to the USA as an Empire it is not in reality but that said it is showing all the symptoms of a failing Empire and as such will seek to try and retain its crown but alas it will fail.

Its quite simple the parasites that run it have now bled it dry and rung it out, noe they move on to pastures new, meaning China and there it will do the same. One has to look at the bigger picture and irrespective if one loves ones country or not there are forces at play that the herd do not hav aclue about. At best they may have a gut feeling but thats all. No the future for the US is a fade from the heady heights with its best option of survival in joining the NAU, if it dose not do that it will become an isolated nation.

One may make the mistake of feeling proud of their nation, but thats all it is a mistake. The world consists of people and that it what is important, dying for the parasites cause is not. Once we free ourselves from the bonds of country and materialism then we will be free.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well, the parasites that clawed their way to the top in the U.S. are devolving, and are currently desperate. but the people of the U.S., at least all the ones worth their salt,, are doing quite well, and looking for a large change in how things are being done in the U.S..

I repeat myself, The U.S. on the verge of major re-invention, and tremendous growth.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yes I agree Poet, and its called th NAU, thats the only way that the US can survive without resorting to war.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I think some Americans don't understand the simple concept of 'what goes up must come down.' To them America will be a super power forever,and that just ain't gonna happen.No empire of any kind has existed forever.

And,totally off topic....

Hi dad
look at my score!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Most Americans have no desire for the U.S. to become an empire. While some elites at the top have such wet dreams, they are a tiny percent of the population. Most Americans would like to see all the nations of the world develop into first world nations, and then we would all be better off.

Most Americans would like to reduce the world influence that our corporations enjoy with our giant military. Reducing the power of the elites isn't killing the American way of life, it is bring America back to life.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Poet, when you say most Americans where are you getting this info from because some of the polls say otherwise, not that I believe the polls its just an interesting point. You have made this comment before so I would like to know what it is based upon.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The problem with that is that most, if not all, western powers had to pretty much hold down and rape those 3rd world countries to get the standard of living they have today, and my own country was one of the worst.

The standard of living throughout the world can never be equal, because some countries practise conspicuous consumption, and that is only ever achieved at the expense of others.

In order to realise this dream that you say most americans want (which I highly doubt) the standard of living would have to decline quite sharply in western nations.

Most people I know ain't gonna give up their 52" flatscreen TV, fittedkitchen with all the mod cons, bi-yearly holidays abroad and their 1 or 2 cars so that a kid in africa or wherever can have a better standard of living.

Personally, my possessions are pretty limited in comparison to most - which is a lifestyle choice I made.
Until everyone is prepared to do the same, this utopia you seem to think people in the US want is NOT gonna happen.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join