It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American way of life is dead…

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Throw away society fuelled by greed and the stupidity of the consumer.....I will not buy new goods....I find secondhand refurbish and I know that when you have spent more money on your third fridge I will still ahve the secondhand one that I bought and if necessary kept repairing. People are generally mindless and want the latest in everything.....save your money and the filling up of landfills with the junk that is now perveyed to keep you up to date....spend it on experience,learn and see new cultures,travel the country and world,become enlightened and leave the new up to date and generally worthless and shoddy gadgets in the showrooms until pride and quality once again become the catch cry of manufacturers.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

To think that the U.S. would have gone nowhere without Von Braun is nonsense. Typical thinking of the average elitist.

Again,debating what you think has been said instead of what has actually been said.

I never said you wouldn't have got anywhere without him,but with him you got there a whole lot quicker.

Why don't you admit you hate and resent America, and only come here to bad mouth the U.S..

Well,i know for a fact he doesn't.
People like you think that America should never be critisized and brand all who do haters of the US.I wonder,do you brand Americans who critisize America,haters and resenters too??

[edit on 7-11-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Now, you deny that you claimed that U.S. jets and space travel would have been nothing without Von Braun, by claiming what your really meant was that with Von Braun the U.S. got where we got a whole lot quicker. Big difference between nothing and getting there a whole lot quicker, and as I pointed out, the same is true for the Russians, if not more so.

Let me clarify for your simple mind.
'Would have been nothing' means that something would not be as it is today without a certain factor.Without von Braun American military and space technology would not be at the stage that it is now.For someone whos first language is English you show a remarkable lack of understanding.

My same argument still applies. You have no idea how rocket technology was developed, and the idea that it all evolved around one man is nothing but typical elitist fluff as I originally stated.

I'm pretty sure i pointed out the fact that rocket technology didn't come from one person.

During the 20's independent research took place with the United States,Austria,Britain,Czechoslovakia,France,Italy,Germany,and Russia had a rocket research program.The most advanced and extensive work was done in Russia.During WW2 the Germans were the pioneers.

The innovations of von Braun changed the face of American military and space technology.No doubt you won't accept this so you can keep swimming in that great Egyptian river.

Besides, you don't even have a decent grasp of the issue at hand, what makes you think you should control the direction of the discussion.

The issue of the OP or the issue of rocket technology?

Regarding the OP,the recent money crisis gives proof that the American way of life is not sustainable.

Regarding rockets.A question.For you.Who invented the first know rocket in history? Its easy to answer because a)with your rocket expertise you should already know and b)the answer can be found at your fingertips.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

You claim America is doomed because of what reason?

Because you are getting your behind kicked like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest in this debate.

Here is a recap.

The U.S. is the world's technology leader, even by the links provided by those who claim otherwise. The best argument you have is that China is quickly gaining on us.

The U.S. is the most productive nation. Links clearly show that only Norway out produces the U.S. per hourly output. Otherwise, we here in the U.S. out produce everyone else per hourly rate, AND we still work longer. Maybe you think hard work is a bad trait, but here in the U.S. we disagree.

The U.S. has better resources and higher skilled people to deal with the worlds economic downturn. In addition, the way the markets have played out over the last few weeks since the discussion was started, has clearly shown that this economic crisis is not limited to the U.S., contrary to what the U.S. haters have claimed, but is a world wide crisis.

How much freedom we have in the U.S. is debatable, but U.S. citizens are well armed, and that puts us ahead of the rest of the world in being able to hang on to our freedoms. The U.S. is certainly one heck of a lot more free than China, the contender all you U.S. haters keep bragging about.

On what basis are you claiming victory?

EXCUSE MEEE for defending my country when others claim my way of life is dead. We might have problems, but we are a long ways from being dead. I can see why you want us to quit, as you are tired of looking like such a loser, but sorry, it doesn't work that way.

No doubt, you must be shrooming.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Nothing does not mean, not where it is today, nothing means, would not exist. Look up the word in the dictionary.

I'm not talking about the word nothing,i'm talking about the phrase 'would have been nothing.' The word nothing can be a noun an adjective or an adverb,and depending on the context used it has a different degree of meaning.

Yes, the Chinese developed the first rocket, does that mean that they rule the world?

Who's talking about ruling the world? Where was that in my question?
The question is to test your knowledge of rocket technology.
Debate what is said dear,not what what you think has been said.

And even with the internet at your fingertips you still get it wrong.

The first known rocket was built by a Greek named Archytas who lived in the city of Tarentum,now a part of southern Italy,in the 4th century BC.

This idea that one man makes it all happen is total nonsense, the kind of elitist thinking that most fall into. This is the idealism on which cultures stagnate and die.

You only have to look at history to see what differences just one man can do.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What is so sad to me is not the fact that we feel ruined. It is the fact that no one will try to do anything. It doesnt take many people to overthrow an idea. To manipulate it just as it was done to them. If we took a page out of history we could easily stop the train. But, money and material are too important. As long as I can still drive my Hummer in my Ugg boots to pick up a $50 meal everything will be ok. They have traded with us material things for our freedoms and civil liberties.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
EOA, Actualluy I think people whom ever they may be are far more resiliant than we give them credit for. When we look at the dark days and years that many have had to live through they have come out of the dark tunnel, survived and lived to grow stronger.

In America there are many people that do care and will try and bring about change, some in their own way will just muddle through but they will survive and get through it. Despite the actions of the parasites, the corrupt the power mad and the despots man has a habit of adapting to any situation and Americans will.

What is abou to happen is not the destruction of the US or its people but a shift in power and wealth. America has it now but China will have it next, its all part of the materialistic game that is played out on us. But that is soon to change and we will be better for it. Yes there will be much trial and tribulation but we will move on away from the mind trap that has beset us for so long. Dont lose hope.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Congratulations, you managed to grab onto an obscure fact to make you look almost intelligent. Pray tell, what does this have to do with the subject at hand?

While one man can make a difference, one man does not make it all happen as you have claimed. Notice the difference?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Civility & Decorum are Expected

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Please stay on topic and avoid personal comments and bickering. Further abusive comments will result in warnings and removal of your post.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Congratulations, you managed to grab onto an obscure fact to make you look almost intelligent. Pray tell, what does this have to do with the subject at hand?

Why thank you rocket expert,And btw,its not an obscure fact.You just call it that because you didn't know it.

And for someone who has debated everything but the content of the OP how much of a chuff are you to ask what my comments have to do with the issue at hand.

I believe i asked you which issue you were talking about,the OP or rockets? As this was a direct question you probably didn't notice.Next time i'll make sure i 'imply' it,you'll be bound to see it then.

No matter what you say the American way of life is changing,and right now it aint for the better.Life does not stay the same,standards of living do not stay the same.All empires and powerful states must fall.And what is important is how those changes are handled.Outright denial is not the way to handle it.

Why don't you get off the thead, and the entire site. In all the posts I have ever read by you, you have yet to demonstrate intelligence. You have been beaten in this debate every step of the way, and shown to be nothing but a hater.

As this is his thread he has every right to tell you to stay on topic,or to leave if you don't.And saying he has been beaten in this discussion is almost as laughable as your style of debating.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Unlike you and MM, I have actually stayed on topic, repeatedly explaining why the U.S. is not dead. While you have gone off on tangents like, who made the first rocket.

Once again, how does your question about who made the first rocket apply to the subject at hand? How does this prove that the American way of life is dead?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Please direct all complaints or comments about moderation to the staff via the Complaint form in the member center.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by dbates]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join