It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack 'Osama' on Rensselaer County ballots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Barack 'Osama' on Rensselaer County ballots

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's last name is spelled "Osama" on hundreds of absentee ballots mailed out this week to voters in Rensselaer County.

The misspelling, which elections officials on both sides of the aisle insist was simply a typo, is causing embarrassment for the county.

timesunion.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And here I was wondering how many ballots would have Obama Biden on them but apparently we're going to cut right to the chase and call him Obama. This will most likely be a recurring story all across the U.S. as election day draws closer. The worst case scenario is if this happens on a ballot in a swing state. I can see the results tied up in court over a typo on the ballot. O joy! We get to experience the 2000 election chaos all over again.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
???

I'm sorry I can't even find the words.

Pardon...

[edit on 10-10-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I just really wish we could have an election based on the issues and not the 'politics as usual' mud-slinging! We are teetering on the edge of an economic abyss with two wars being conducted overseas. Yet the focus seems to be on prior associations and inacurate spinning of the past! Is it ever going to stop??? Are we ever going to grow up and stop acting like children??? Sadly, I don't think so. I truly weep for the future!

ED- to add that I don't think that it was a typo at all!

[edit on 10-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Really when you think about it, the only difference between Obama and Osama is the bs. Real easy mistake to make, even the Democrat Commissioner of Elections missed it. Only 3 people so far have noticed the difference in the bs. They are sending people that noticed the bs new forms with the bs corrected.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

The typical democrat response to anything like this from their side has been, "C'mon, it's just a typo, misspeak, etc., what's the big deal?".

Let's see if they're as "understanding" about this "issue".

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

The typical democrat response to anything like this from their side has been, "C'mon, it's just a typo, misspeak, etc., what's the big deal?".

Can you name a recent instance where a conservatives name was misspelled as "Hitler" or something similarly negative?

[edit on 10-10-2008 by davion]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by davion

Can you name a recent instance where a conservatives name was misspelled as "Hitler" or something similarly negative?

[edit on 10-10-2008 by davion]

Sorry. Can't think of even one time when a conservative with a last name (or even a middle name like Hussein) even remotely resembling an arch-enemy of this country has ever been nominated for president, or any other high elected office, as the democrats have done this time.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I just really wish we could have an election based on the issues and not the 'politics as usual' mud-slinging!

If we were to focus on the issues then we would realize that neither canidate is worth their weight...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I just really wish we could have an election based on the issues and not the 'politics as usual' mud-slinging!

If we were to focus on the issues then we would realize that neither canidate is worth their weight...

So very easy to say ...

However, the truth is that we're stuck with these candidates and neither one of them either cares about the issues, or is even capable of doing anything about the issues.

Case in point: the market crash.

[edit on 10/11/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Sorry. Can't think of even one time when a conservative with a last name (or even a middle name like Hussein) even remotely resembling an arch-enemy of this country has ever been nominated for president, or any other high elected office, as the democrats have done this time.

So then your original statement is BS. Just checking.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

However, the truth is that we're stuck with these candidates and neither one of them either cares about the issues, or is even capable of doing anything about the issues.

No we choose to be stuck with these canidates. There are others running.
"We get the Government we deserve"

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Yes... The Democracts..... There are the Republicans too..... Keep thinking there's a difference and everyone's out to get you. Especially the media. It'll make your life more interesting.

Edit to mention that this is in my area. It's really hard to say if it could be intentional. This is a very mixed area. There are the die hard NeoCons in their Chevys with McCain stickers, and then you'll see kids with 9/11 truth and Ron Paul signs on the corners in Albany.

Rensselaer County is full of "well off" rural areas, but has the cities of Rensselaer and Troy, which are both cesspools.

I'm rambling. Anyway, point is, I could believe that it was an accident, I could believe it was intentional. I'll be watching the local news in the morning.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Magnivea]

top topics

join