It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming of People with Black Eyes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I know there have been many posts of strange dreams, but I'm wondering if anyone else has specifically had dreams where the people in them had all-black eyes. I'm aware of the black-eyed children stories, but dreams of this sort are not something I've ever read about. I'll elaborate.

The first I remember was when I was 3 or 4 (around 1977) and had a dream about my brother, who would have been born just before or just after this, in which he had a twin (which he doesn't). But they never appeared together until the end of the dream, both of them having black eyes. They appeared to be my age in the dream.

More recently was some months ago. A dream in which I was standing at my kitchen door, looking outside and watching two young men running up my neighbors driveway. One was hooded and I couldn't see his face. The other turned to look at me, and his eyes were black.

Then, just about a week ago, I had a dream in which I watched my beloved rising into the air, her face a mixture or awe and apprehension. Her eyes were normal at first, turning black as she rose. When she disappeared above my head there was a bright flash of white light.

My fear of these dreams has decreased with the first being absolutely terrifying to me as a child. So much so that I've never forgotten it. The second I felt a sense of danger from the two young men, but nothing terribly immediate. In the last, I was only curious. I'd be inclined to simply view this as a nightmare image if it weren't for the nature of the later dreams, where I'm observing rather than participating, and relatively unafraid, which is not the usual course of my nightmares.

I believe I have had others, but I don't remember them clearly. But I do know that this hasn't been a common occurrence in my dreams until recently. I've come to think of them as 'astral eyes'. Eyes that see in the ethereal or astral realm. But I've never found this described anywhere else. So, I'm hoping someone might have some knowledge here that I am lacking, and thank you in advance.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
That's an interesting thought. I never would have considered that. I always just thought they had black eyes because they were hollow, or evil. Although, it could be both... BEKs and the like, they don't give off a "good impression". Wonder why, considering all the creepy accounts.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Dark Eyes by Bob Dylan

Oh, the gentlemen are talking and the midnight moon is on the riverside,
They're drinking up and walking and it is time for me to slide.
I live in another world where life and death are memorized,
Where the earth is strung with lovers' pearls and all I see are dark eyes.

A cock is crowing far away and another soldier's deep in prayer,
Some mother's child has gone astray, she can't find him anywhere.
But I can hear another drum beating for the dead that rise,
Whom nature's beast fears as they come and all I see are dark eyes.

They tell me to be discreet for all intended purposes,
They tell me revenge is sweet and from where they stand, I'm sure it is.
But I feel nothing for their game where beauty goes unrecognized,
All I feel is heat and flame and all I see are dark eyes.

Oh, the French girl, she's in paradise and a drunken man is at the wheel,
Hunger pays a heavy price to the falling gods of speed and steel.
Oh, time is short and the days are sweet and passion rules the arrow that flies,
A million faces at my feet but all I see are dark eyes.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

You're post reminded me of something I left out. In the second dream, I clearly felt that the young man couldn't actually see me, but yet he could 'see' me. That might not seem to make sense, but that's where I draw the conclusion of 'astral eyes'.

It's easy to understand how such a feature could be seen as evil or uncomfortable. Our eyes are a primary source of communication and often take on a mystical significance (mirrors of the soul, etc.). For myself, in the last dream, I was able to get an interesting perspective seeing this in someone I know, love and trust. I know that makes a huge difference.

And thank you, sad_eyed_lady. I found that quite appropriate.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

i have seen the person you describe with the hood and felt the same feelings youve described and i dont know but i could only come up with it being death

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TravelerintheDark

I am 21 years old now and have had many Deja Vu Dreams along with one dream i will never forget with Children/Beings with blacknd eye sockets and a blacknd mouth. It was a very vibrant dream. I was on, it almost seemed like a nice trailer park or the streets we grew up on as kids, the road with a house to my right. The house had Clothes lines in the yard with white sheets and blankets hanging. The sun was out and shining so beautifully but across from this home was a tree full of lush leafs and a kite in the air above it but i just ignored it. As I made my way thru the hanging sheets a boy appeared behind one who was facing away from me. The boy was pale skinned with black short hair and wore black shorts with a white button up shirt.The boy turned around and had blacknd eye sockets and a blacknd out mouth, I stopped and backed up to turned and run but it suddenly became near impossible to move. I turned around to see where he was and bubbles traveled from my feet up to the sky so i looked up and i was all of a sudden in the middle of a large body of water. Underwater i could not move but i wasnt struggling to breath. I slowly spun in a circle trying to see anything in the vast amount of water around me but nothing was seen. Then gradually the water around me filled with this darkness and almost in an instant as though i blinked these beings came floating up from below and filled the waters around me. Each one of them having no eyes or mouth just endless black holes, and they all stared at me almost waiting for something. For some reason i had this sudden feeling of panic and lack of control and tried to swim to the service but they seemed to weigh me down and all started to rush me the moment i moved. I woke up shortly after and couldnt shake the feeling of those eyes. To this day i remember it perfectly and my Deja Vu Dreams from childhood have been becoming realities. I was never one to be overly interested in past lives, Deja Vu, or Spiritual/Magical things but as i get older i encounter more and it may sound cliche but... The More I See the More I learn That I Dont Know Anything At All.

new topics

top topics

join