It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Has No Plan to Close Its Financial Markets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

U.S. Has No Plan to Close Its Financial Markets

www.bloomberg.com

Berlusconi later today reversed the comments he made earlier in Naples, saying world leaders are not considering market closures.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.iht.com
www.guardian.co.uk
www.forbes.com

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
While not surprising that the U.S. would come out saying this, it is surprising that the Italian official did, and then recounted.

Kind of like Ried saying a week ago that there was a major insurer teetering on the brink only to recant . . . and we later were infored that Met Life was on the brink.

I'm no conspiracy theorist in any vein, but clearly somebody told this guy to change his tune and shut the heck up.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It does not matter what they say because they change it all the time anyway.

I can hear it now, " Despite what we told you earlier, we have decided to close US markets, to protect you"

Ama

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
They have the ppt, so what do they need to close it for. Just get cheer leaders to cheer the crowd along.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is good, we aren't going to be able to stop the market from doing what it's going to do. People taking a breath will solve nothing, this is about hedge fund redemption, forced bank liquidations...this is a run on the equity market. Closing it won't stop it, only delay it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
They would close the markets if needed. I think other countries would do the same.

Just because Tony Fratto says ,"The U.S. has no plans to close its financial markets." , doesn't mean a thing. The U.S. Government is like the weather in New England, wait a minute... it'll change! He may have meant that they have no plans at this moment in time.

Look, there is a real potential for a global collapse. This is a scary time. Hopefully the bleeding stops soon, but I don't know. This morning I heard an analyst say a global depression could happen and last for years. I haven't lost all hope yet.

top topics

join