posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:12 AM
After spending days reading up on how the economy works and why it's going wrong at the moment, I've compiled a list of questions that I just can't
figure out. I've been Googling this stuff for days but to no avail.
Anyway, I'm going to post them here in the hope you guys can answer them. Not only will this help me but perhaps other people have asked themselves
these same questions and also been unable to find the answer.
1) I keep hearing people say that in the last month trillions have been injected into the economy but it seems like the economy is imploding at a
faster rate. If this is the case then why is the Government's plan to inject $700 billion dollars? Surely, if trillions hasn't worked, why would
2) If money has been injected into the economy for the last few months, why did the Government has to pass a bill this time to do it? Couldn't they
just carry on doing it without the legislation?
3) The UK has recently created a 'bailout' scheme similar to the USA. What confuses me though is The UK is putting up £500 billion (sterling) which
in dollars is almost a trillion dollars. If england is so smaller than America in terms of size, population, GDP etc, why does it need a bigger
3) The US's bailout plan had to go through congress and the senate and included several laws. Why did the UK bailout not go through our Parliament
4) I've been reviewing the Yahoo finance link (uk.finance.yahoo.com...
) most days and I've noticed that Israel's performance is always
up but in the last few days hasn't been active. I'm still learning about what these figures mean so I may be totally missing something obvious here.
(Also should point out I'm not insinuating some big Jewish banker conspiracy, I just find it odd that Israel is the only economy doing well
That's all I've got so far so if anyone could answer any of those that would be great! Also, if you have any questions yourself feel free to post