It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the dust settles what will the new World look like

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
With the ongoing financial crisis, wars, famine and talk of ww3 what will the World be like in 10 years time. Will it be some kind of NWO nightmare, will things just carry on as they always have or will there be a drastic change for us all.

I would like to believe that the World of the future would be a far more harmonious place, less or no famimes, wars and strife. A World where all have the basic needs of life where there is no suffering or want. No religion, political dogma or elitist ideals.

Thats what I would like but I think man is not yet at the stage to move to the next level, that in reality our civility to each opther is still a very thin veneer and underneath lies all the savagery we can muster. But at some point we must rise above all the petty hate and greed, indiffernce and intollerance. We have it in us to make the right choices, but we are like small children in a dark room we need some one to point us towards the light and the right dont we.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Maybe the problem is we abandoned the ancient spirituality of our ancestors. The Native Americans and other cultures thrived for thousands of years. While it is true there were war like cultures in the ancient Americas, the vast majority were peaceful and were in harmony with nature.

BTW, I am a Mother Earth Pagan, so I am biased.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Kid, I dont think your biased, I trully believe that the pagan ways were correct, that we humans were in tune with mother earth and the cosmos. That empowered us and made us wise and strong but somewhere along the way man made religion came in to dumb us down, make us feel inferior and damaged in some way and trully seperated us from mother earth.

From that day on we have just become controlled entities that no longer has a natural connection with mother earth or the cosmos.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I truly agree with you both kid and shroom. I know that this might be off topic, but I find that the religions today crush spirituality. They teach you to live in fear, as in you are going to hell if you get out of line and don't follow scripture step by step. That is the text book definition of fear mongering. Spirituality to me is about exploring this world and in turn exploring yourself. I think that the Pagan religion had the right idea too. God did not make us in his own image, we made God in our own image. God or Gaia, whichever you prefer, made and loves everything, from you to the little speck of dust that floats around your room. We all come from the same thing, Imagination! That's simply my opinion though.

As far as what this world will look like in 10 years? I seriously am pretty worried. I believe that we will be living in some kind of nightmare, a nightmare that everyone condoned, whether or not they knew they did or not, including me. It really is sad. I, personally love this place. I love what it could have, and should have been. I blame it mostly on competition. Think about it. Competition breeds nothing but hate and envy. Each Religion has had some kind of competition from the other, hate and war. Sports teams compete with one another, and this is mostly from the fans perspective(I am a Yankees fan by the way), hate and war. Political factions, hate and war. Once again competition breeds hate and war. The winner is better than the loser.

I am taking an Anthropology class right now and we are learning about a civilization that only allowed their hunters a certain amount of kills per year because they didn't want the other members of the tribe that had killed fewer to feel bad because of that fact. They would put each others big kills down so as to humble the hunter. I asked myself as I was listening to this, "Is that such a bad thing?"

To put it into perspective, has anybody humbled the people that have gotten us into this big mess? No! Sure, some of them were put on trial, but they still walked away with their money. The winners the winner and the loser, well we have to look no farther than the mirror, and this has gone on for at least a century!

To wind this all to long post up, I see a few winners, and a lot of losers. It will be a world where the winners continue to exploit the losers simply because they were born into the resources, and the losers will continue to serve the winners because they have the resources the losers want. As a matter of fact it will be a world much like today! Wait! Isn't that today? There's your answer.

top topics

join