It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland up for sale on Ebay - current bid £10,000,000.00 ??!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
well what strange news, I found an article on Reuters saying Iceland the country was up for sale on ebay, and sure enough, it is ....is this possible /real/legal?!!! it's being auctioned and is at 10 million pounds right now

Reuters Article Here

Ebay Iceland Auction Page Here

I'm speechless !

[edit on 10/10/08 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Meet the seller
Seller: lovejoyantiquesemporium

Questions from other members

...Q: Who are you to have the authority to sella country? 10-Oct-08
A: I am the Marmalord, Ruler of Marmaland.
Q: Can you let me know if my mum is still there? She went last week & hasn't returned. 10-Oct-08
A: All Mums will be removed before the item is sold.

So who is running this fraudulent auction?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I'm sure it has to be some kind of joke But i understand that the British are very ticked off with them I bet the Iceland PM would not be happy jan

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ha!

Nice find Pixie!
The asking price seems a bit much though,considering the financial position there!

Anyway,i thought Russia owned Iceland now!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ah good, the UK has a new neighbour.

Russia.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well the seller appears to be from UK. Very strange indeed. Oh, look, new emoticoms.
But most of them seem, well violent.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I made a bid on it. I just need to buy Scotland so I don't run out of scotch to go with all that ice. I'm going to pay for it as soon as I get my inheritance from a relative I didn't know I had in Ni-geria. Should be any day now.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hmm, think I was a bit hasty in thinking this was for real, I am thinking now it is a prank, despite there being over 80 bids on it...
funny though, in a tasteless way

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

www.icenews.is...

IceNews - Daily News

Iceland is on sale on eBay UK. The start bid was 99p and, at the time of posting, was GBP 10,000,000.00, for more information go to eBay UK. It does not say who is selling the country, but as it is coming from the UK it seems as though an enterprising Brit is trying to see if they can get their money back by selling the country.

eBay is a regular platform for joke auctions, including a ghost in a jar and Elvis’s 50 year-old drinking water (part used). Planet Earth has been sold on the website more than once.

Imagine.

Edit to add: The earth has already been auctioned.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Is this the guy then:

marmaland.blogspot.com...

Our Marmalord Needs You:

About Me

'Marmalord'
For me it is all about the Marmalade. My mission: to 'preserve' marmalade's journey through time. To do this we must celebrate the history of this fine spread, record it's journey and spread the virtues of marmalade to our young. I am the Marmalord (Ruler of Marmaland) - with my trusty side-kick the Marmalad we will create a Marmalade Eutopia.

He has an entry for the auction on his website.

top topics

join