It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli police on high alert for spread of Israeli-Arab Acre riots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Israeli police on high alert for spread of Israeli-Arab Acre riots

www.debka.com

Israeli police have decided to play down the seriousness of the outbreak in the mixed northern town of Acre, which began with a noisy Arab motorist speeding through a Jewish street on Yom Kippur Eve, Oct. 8 and ended with an Arab mob screaming “Itbakh al Yahoud” (Slaughter the Jews)as they smashed and looted Jewish shops.

Party leaders across the board criticized Acre’s mayor Friday for cancelling the annual alternative theater festival next week and police handling of disorders.

The ancient town of some 60,000 souls (of which one-third are Arabs) on Israel’s Mediterranean coast north of Haifa had settled down Wednesday night to pray and fast on the Jewish Day of Atonement, on which vehicular traffic customarily stops all over Israel, when a car driven by an Arab resident hurtled at high speed down a mostly-Jewish street on the eastern side of the town.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Ok i'm not gunna say that this is the start of ww3, but I am gunna say that it very well could be.

WOW! What a time for this to happen, just when world tensions are extremely high because of the global credit crisis..

this could be nothing, but the timing makes me worried, as there is a reported huge build up of syrian troops on the borders of lebanon and the golan heights.. the arabs nations are licking their chops at the chance to take Israel out once and for all... will these riots be the spark that egnites the middle east???

IRAN, SYRIA, HAMAS n HEZBOLAH, joined later by RUSSIA... all coming against Israel..

This truely is an incredible time to be alive.. economic collapse, ww3, and even a possible alien bonanza on oct 14th!

woe..

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Lol. Isn't it just typical of Israel

Can't stand not being the centre of attention

must be fuming because the world economy has precedence in the minds of most, right now

And so, as per usual, Israel claws its way back into the headlines

I don't believe a word out of their mouths

Seen it too many times before

Israeli false-flag

Probably looting and smashing their own shops .. as per usual

Gee Israel, you're a one-trick pony

Time to come up with some new material

You're boring and repetititive and it's all too old

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

Hey man, i can see where your coming from.. but even if what you are saying is true, it still doesn't change the fact that Israel is a very small nation in some serious trouble at the moment. You should at least show them respect as fellow humans. Israel is hated by a large majority of the One billion plus arabs in the world, and when I say hated I mean HATED..

It's no wonder that she has to be aggresive at times.. it's a natural reaction when your cornered.. fear motivates Israel.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

You might find it shocking, but Israel does not exist to amuse anyone. It's purpose is not to invent new ways to entertain people, even such an important figures as some members of ATS. It is a country. People live here,die here,born here. Do all the boring stuff like cleaning, laundry,work and ctr. It is not Truman's show.
But for some weird reason - of course without any real connection to history, major religions and politics there are a lot of journalists here. And their job is to make people look at the commercials by dropping piles of "hot" stuff that attracts public. So if it bothers someone - they should not look at it.
Oh well, i have to go and smash my shop (that sadly i do not have since i smashed it last year) and blame it on some poor fellow from Antarctica. False flag rules!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Actually this version is very unilateral. There is no law - civilian or religious - preventing from Arab driving on Yom Kippur. And if (big if, since it is version of one side) driver was indeed speeding or his tape was louder then allowed - smashing windows of his car and as i hear - throwing stones at him is still not allowed by both civilian and religious laws. There are fines for that, police for that. I cannot understand how religious (if those were indeed religious Jews and not some racist hooligans) Jew can throw stones and break windows on Yom Kippur - it is not allowed! Even in false flag tractate....
And from this situation got worse - news spread in Arab area that he was killed by Jewish mob. Maybe you are not aware, but there are people all other the world who will trust anything bad told about the Jews. I am sure posters in this thread are better then that...
So now Arab mob arrived, larger then Jewish mob besieging the driver and started to throw stones and smash cars and shops in revenge for this "murder". They probably did not know that Jews were going to do it anyway, false flag genes.
Few police on duty (major holiday) could not do anything - and both sides blame them. But both sides are guilty of barbaric behavior, not police.
Good thing that no one was killed - it is rare in those situations.
As for connection with regional war - no connection. Usual (for this country and Middle East in general) ethnic clash. It always exists, on small fire. Sparkles can ignite it. And in the war scenario it can be ignited too, but it is not strategic threat.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
but it is not strategic threat.

what makes you so sure ? It could easily of been a co-ordinated provocation, planned from much higher up in the muslim world, to get a reaction from the Jews and unite the arab world against them.. I believe this could lead to all out war.. possibly.. maybe not... but it just a matter of when, not if.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

In Second Lebanon war Arab population was behaving (in general) as all citizens should behave. And they were not happy with this war. I do not say that if someone indeed would like to start mass riots - it will not happen. As in 2000, it is possible and even probable. But it is not something that cannot be solved. In a war things are solved different and faster. Also, do not forget - if there is going to be a war missilies are going to fall on Israeli Arabs too, just as in last war. So "same boat" factor will also be important.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

do you believe war is about to break out?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by savetimerushonline
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

do you believe war is about to break out?

can you find a point in your history books where war wasnt about to break out?

cuz in my history books, war is a constant

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i just found this article that points to the fact that the riots developing in Israel may be planned and co-ordinated by Hezbolah and Syria,

Could Iran, Hizbullah And The Israeli Arab Sector Be In Cohorts, Israeli Security Forces On High Alert

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by Dock6

You might find it shocking, but Israel does not exist to amuse anyone. It's purpose is not to invent new ways to entertain people, even such an important figures as some members of ATS. It is a country. People live here,die here,born here. Do all the boring stuff like cleaning, laundry,work and ctr. It is not Truman's show.
But for some weird reason - of course without any real connection to history, major religions and politics there are a lot of journalists here. And their job is to make people look at the commercials by dropping piles of "hot" stuff that attracts public. So if it bothers someone - they should not look at it.
Oh well, i have to go and smash my shop (that sadly i do not have since i smashed it last year) and blame it on some poor fellow from Antarctica. False flag rules!

Well said. As if Israel cares to be the centre of attention-its other that often make it so. And lets face it, riots in Akko are not such big news anyway-lets say it aint the most high class part of Israel.

top topics

join