It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farrakhan calls Obama 'The Messiah'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So, no one who is so upset over the words Farrakhan uttered can even say what they mean??? Do you yourself not know what he meant? mabus, clearskies, Jemison, Seeker Mom? Can none of you explain why this is so scary or freaky or meaningful to you?

I'll tell you.

Because I don't instinctively understand what the problem is with a man calling another one a messiah.

Emphasis mine.

Regardless of how Mirriam-Webster's defines the word 'messiah', it is a religious term. Farrakhan calling Obama the messiah labels him a religious figure. Religious figures are set up to be worshiped. Separation of church and state? Did the founders of our nation set themselves up to be worshiped? How far off is this from the ideals our country is founded on?

Farrakhan is just feeding the cult of personality and worship surrounding Obama.

Well, I don't worship and won't worship any man. There was one messiah. He's coming again. And his name isn't Obama.

I find Farrakhan's statement incredibly offensive. But hey, it's Farrakhan, so what else should I expect?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Interesting.

Just to give you an idea of the sheltered little world I live in, I could have sworn Farrakhan was dead. Or was it just that there was some question about his leadership a while back and he was denounced by some of his followers?

I haven't heard anything about him in so long that I thought he had finally just dropped out of the national radar.

The man has always been a certifiable nut-job so I could care less about his opinions.

(But I did always like the whole bow-tie thing)

[edit on 10-10-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

Is this the first time an Allah worshiper has believed in "the messiah"?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Who IS the Messiah in the Nation of Islam? Muhammad?

They believe that W. Fard Muhammad is both the "Messiah" of Christianity and the Mahdi of Islam.

I think - I'm not sure - but I THINK that Elijah Muhammed (died sometime in the 1970's) was a disciple of W. Fard Muhammad. This Elijah fella ran Nation of Islam for many decades.

Nation of Islam isn't the same religion as plain ol' Islam.
It's a whole different religion.

For Farrakhan to call Obama - the messiah - is kinda' interesting.

I don't know if he thinks W. Fard Muhammad has been reincarnated - or if Obama is a whole new messiah - or what. Who knows. This is Farrakhan we are talking about. He's a whackadoo with a bunch of followers.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thank you for answering my questions.

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor
Regardless of how Mirriam-Webster's defines the word 'messiah', it is a religious term.

So, you just don't care how anyone else defines it, including Merriam Webster or Brittanica or anyone else, it means to everyone what it means to you. What do Webster and Brittanica know, anyway? Now, that's an open-minded way of looking at it.

More loosely, the term messiah denotes any redeemer figure;

Farrakhan calling Obama the messiah labels him a religious figure. Religious figures are set up to be worshiped.

So, let's say your right. Farrakhan thinks that Obama is a religious figure and thinks we should worship him. What are the implications of Farrakhan thinking and saying this?

I mean, Pat Robertson thinks feminists kill their husbands, practice witchcraft and become lesbians...

So what?

Farrakhan is just feeding the cult of personality and worship surrounding Obama.

The only people who think there's a "Cult of Obama" are people who hate him. No one worships him and it wouldn't really matter if they did because it doesn't reflect on him, it reflects on them.

But hey, it's Farrakhan, so what else should I expect?

EXACTLY! Don't you see how silly it is to be upset or offended by something this man says or thinks?

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Thats the funniest thing i've heard all week
.I am not surprised Faracon would say that considering his political and racist views So will Jesse jackson and Al Sharpton be his first disciples
I'm thinking of that mick jagger song but with different lyrics " I see a white door and i want to paint it black"
Just having a bit of fun there so no one shout racist. No but seriously though The nation of islam is a crazy cult and Fara-con is insane. They believe that Wallace D Fraud was god incarnate and Elijah mohammed was a prophet.
and that there is a ufo waiting near the moon to beam them up on judgment day
also that white people were created by some crazy scientistcalled Yacub millions of yers ago
Yet there is no historical evidence what so ever. I bet paranoid schizophrenia runs rampant in their gatherings. Obama is probaly laughing himself at those mad ramblings..

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

So, you just don't care how anyone else defines it, including Merriam Webster or Brittanica or anyone else, it means to everyone what it means to you. What do Webster and Brittanica know, anyway? Now, that's an open-minded way of looking at it.

Oh come on. It's a word with religious connotations, whichever way you slice it.

So, let's say your right. Farrakhan thinks that Obama is a religious figure and thinks we should worship him. What are the implications of Farrakhan thinking and saying this?

The implications are people don't think for themselves and they'll jump on the Obama-Is-The-S*** bandwagon because it's the popular, exciting thing to do.

I mean, Pat Robertson thinks feminists kill their husbands, practice witchcraft and become lesbians...

While Robertson is a quack, he never attributed religious or redeemer status on feminists. Or suggested our redeemer can be found among the feminists. Come on.

The only people who think there's a "Cult of Obama" are people who hate him. No one worships him and it wouldn't really matter if they did because it doesn't reflect on him, it reflects on them.

I didn't say cult of Obama. I said cult of personality, which is different. This is celebrity worship at its finest. His followers are quick to dismiss anything shady about him because they want to believe he is all they want him to be. You also are quick to brush off any kind of criticism of him. And before you flame me for being a neo-con whatever, understand that I'm not a fan of either side. But what I'm witnessing happening among the Obama crowd is just staggering. The rush to shrug off any hint of his involvement in shady deals or relationships and to quickly accept his promise of change, knowing full well that this change is fundamentally opposed to the founding ideals of our country leaves me absolutely gobsmacked. I think Obama's followers are so caught up in the excitement of his campaign that they can no longer think objectively. Just as is the case for blind followers of any celebrity. Ooooh, there he is, isn't he wonderful, wow, if only I could meet him, he's so amazing... And up on the pedestal he goes.

EXACTLY! Don't you see how silly it is to be upset or offended by something this man says or thinks?

Because he knows he has people who listen, and he knows the power of words. And he knows how to get people to follow because he knows most people stopped thinking for themselves long ago.

[edit on 10/10/08 by GirlNextDoor]

[edit on 10/10/08 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

Wait a minute here. Let's consult with Pat Robertson, who everybody knows, talks with God. First, let's get Robertson to confirm that Obama is indeed the Messiah. If this cannot be confirmed, then let us just ignore Farrakan's remarks as that of a false prophet.. All agree?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wait a Minute, doesn't the Nation Of Islam cult group think that black people are superior to white people? Tht white people haven't evolved yet? That black and white people should be seperated?

Isn't that ironic that Obama is Half White??

Man they are confused people. lol

Incase some people are confused that the NOI is related to real Islam. Here's is what one Islamic website thinks of NOI.

"The cult of the NOI is derived from pure and unadulterated racism and greed for money and power"

"Their association with Islam can be likened to a person going into a department store and buying a dish washer. Then the salesperson returns with a washing machine. When questioned about this strange response, the salesperson replies, 'But it looks the same! The body is square and it washes, doesn't it!?' The reality is that the inner workings of the machine are different and cannot be used for the same purposes."

www.islamicgarden.com...

[edit on 11-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yeah I already posted a long passage from wiki about NOI and how it IS NOT Islam but some people just don't wanna be educated.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
it all ties together if you can see.
www.tucc.org...

Since 1972, under Dr. Wright’s leadership, the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ grew from 87 members; and currently exceeds 6,000! The membership continues to grow numerically and spiritually with large numbers of members tithing, studying in bible classes and serving in over 70 ministries offered to enhance the Christian journey.

www.trinitychicago.org...

Our History We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

There's a few videos on youtube of the nation of islam being exposed by orthodox muslims. One of the videos is shot at speakers corner in london and it is very funny.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Obama definately believes he is someone important. Listen to pat buchanan read a quote of obama talking about himself.

Listen to obama talking about himself, just who does obama think he is. Also what did bill clinton mean when he said that obama is the biggest fairy tale since when ever. What is the behind the scenes talk on obama.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
doesn't the Nation Of Islam cult group think that black people are superior to white people? Tht white people haven't evolved yet?

The Nation of Islam - which is NOT the Islam of Muslims - believes that 'whites are POTENTIAL people'. They aren't there yet.

So according to them, Obama would be only half a real person I guess. I don't know why they'd think a guy who is only half black (some say not black but 1/2 Arab because his roots go further back then Kenya) would be their messiah. Unless they've fallen for all the messianic rhetoric that's coming from that camp. There's been plenty of it.

The fact that Farrakhan said it would mean nothing. He's a whack. But he does have a lot of sheeple following him. Heck, Obama's own church gve the guy an award for being such a freak'n brilliant person. Yes - they said 'brilliant'.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
well the implication that he calls him the messiah is this.

Do you want a demi-god in the white house? i sure as heck don't.

and to million's of African Americans in the nation of islam he is there messiah now.

it's clearly dangerous .

read this now make up your minds.
www.wnd.com...

The former insider confirmed Obama is directly aware of the Nation of Islam members on his staff.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

There are no millions of NOI in the United States or anywhere else they are a fringe minority even within the African American community.

Besides that so what if there are some on his staff?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Every four years or so people look for that perfect politician, that person who will bring change to the people for the people. This has been going on since George Washington and we haven't found one that's perfect. Over 300 million people in the United States and one man, " ONE MAN" is going to be perfect and satisfy all those Americans.
There is no and will be no Messiah to come along and make us all so happy that we fall down on our knees and worship him/her. Farrakhan can say what ever he wants too, but " Thank God" he doesn't get to vote in our country. ( "yet'?). My personal opinion is that there's money to be made as a politician and we are the money pot. We work, work, work and pay to die in this country while our politicians squeeze the life right out of us.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join