It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farrakhan calls Obama 'The Messiah'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's really unnerving that Obama supporters choose to ignore how relevant it is that Obama has crazy, fanatical, left-wing, white-hating, jew-hating lunatics backing him. If he had just one or two of these crazies behind him I could dismiss it ... but he basically has every known shady character in his court and they are not merely casual acquaintences. They are people that he has had long personal relationships with.

I realize Farrakhan doesn't have children that go to school with Obama's children, but stop and think about how many controversial people Obama claims he knows because his children go to school with their children? What kind of school is he sending his children to?

The expression 'birds of a feather flock together' has a lot of truth to it. How Obama supporters can dismiss the seriousness of who Obama chooses to have in his circle of friends is beyond me. I hope that between now and the election this 'spell' Obama has over people wears off and people regain some of their common sense. If that doesn't happen and Obama is elected, even the most devoted Obama supporters will be longing for the days that George W. Bush was the President of the United States of America!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Do you REALLY believe that he has all-of-a-sudden become secular and everyone is supposed to 'get' that when he said THE messiah, he meant great politician???

That's the problem of taking things out of context. Look at even just the paragraph posted. Yes, he was talking about politics. He SAID politics. He said, "He [Obama] has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about." Of course he was talking about politics!

Only in taking the SINGLE word "messiah" out of context (and capitalizing it) could any reasonable person see some sort of religious "savior" message here. And yes, I'm saying it's unreasonable to read this or see it in context and make some big deal out of it.

Why would he connect obama to Jesus? He's muslim?

So... then WHAT DOES IT MEAN???? If he thinks Obama is THE Messiah, who is that? Sorry I don't know the "Nation of Islam" very well. And from grover's post, it doesn't sound like they even believe in another coming if a messiah.

I can't believe you have NO ISSUE with the blue-eyed devil and evil joos hatred by farrakhan.

I didn't say that I had no issue with it. Why are you assuming that? When I am asking questions, I am asking to get your response, not to give my opinion. I'm ASKING.

Respectfully, are you a racist?

No.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So, Farrakhan believes that Obama is Jesus Christ?
Why didn't he just say that?

No. He said Obama was 'The Messiah'.
Farrakhan is Nation of Islam.
They do not believe Jesus is 'The Messiah'

[edit on 10/10/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
People get it Is not way in hell that after the Bush destroying America administration is not going to be another Republican in the white house.

So in other words not amount of propaganda against Obama is going to stop him from becoming the next president.

So get use to it I already did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
They do not believe Jesus is 'The Messiah'

Thank God you're here!
Who IS the Messiah in the Nation of Islam? Muhammad?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Cue a series of tired Monty Python jokes.
If I called Farrakhan a 23-year-old white teen model from Nebraska, it wouldn't make him a 23-year-old white teen model from Nebraska.

first of all 23 year olds are no longer "teen" models

Well done on picking that out! However, within the context of my actual point, it stands. Just because someone says they're a 'teen' it doesn't make them a teenager. As the saying goes on 4chan, there's no women on the internets; merely men saying they're women.

The real point I was making, and did before you selectively quoted me, is that Farrakhan can call Obama the Easter Bunny; ultimately it doesn't make him the Easter Bunny. Just because someone says something about someone else, it doesn't mean they are actually what is being said.

But again, well done!

second of all why are you speaking eubonics?

I'd hardly describe wrongly using 'was' in place of 'were' as 'e(u)bonics'. Considering I'm a 40-year-old white man in England not overly familiar with a lot of culture where e(u)bonics might be used, I'm not completely sure how e(u)bonics is relevant to me. Are you seriously saying a minor grammatical error constitutes as e(u)bonics?

Do you have an actual point to make or are you marking my homework?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Jemison, I couldn't agree more. I only hope the people wake up and realize Obama isn't any kind of savior, but I think the Kool-Aid is so strong that some of his supporters would willingly walk into FEMA prison camps if he direted them to. Scary times.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

WHAT TRIPE.

Do you have any idea how insulting the notion that we are "drinking kool aid" is?

We are far far smarter than such simplistic smears suggest.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

Well if my memory doesn't trick me the Koolaid was good enough to cloud the minds and eyes of those that elected the economy crasher and warmongering we got as president for 8 years.

He was also the saviour

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
I only hope the people wake up and realize Obama isn't any kind of savior,

What?

Hurry, pass the kool-aid! I'm feeling faint...

This is Farrakhan who said this. Not us. I can say with complete confidence that NONE of us here think Obama is some kind of "savior" in a religious sense. We're discussing what Farrakhan said, not what WE believe about Obama's piety... Okie-dokie?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Come on Guys. This is nonsense. Not because he called him "The Messiah" means he is the Messiah. If I said Obama is a sexy beast, does that mean he's a sexy beast. If I went in front of a Mass of people and say McCain is a Racist A-hole does that mean he is?

What I want to talk about is the Economy. That is what's on front page all over the World. Not Farrakhan calling Obama a Messiah. If you are a Republican and believe this should even be given a minute then you are not worried about the Financial Crisis that is about to sink this great country. Call, Email do whatever to tell McCain to stop this nonsense and focus on the Economy. Only that can save his campaign. People don't care about this nonsense.

I believe America is going to Hit Rock Bottom and will rebuild again and be better than it was before. It will be that shining light that people across this planet seek to find. Sadly McCain is the past and is filled with old Ideas, we need someone young, fresh, intelligent, smart to lead us into this new Era.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by walkinghomer
If I said Obama is a sexy beast, does that mean he's a sexy beast.

Yes! That's true whether you say it or not!

What I want to talk about is the Economy.

I have been doing nothing but. The TV is on to track it and I've been reading about it and watching it. This thread is just like "comic relief" for me. Something to talk about while GM and Ford tank.

I agree with you that we're going to hit rock bottom and rebuild. I'm observing.
I'm not sure how much good talking about it is doing.

In the meantime, I'm learning something about the Nation of Islam (maybe) and people's views of Farrakhan.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Come on Guys. This is nonsense. Not because he called him "The Messiah" means he is the Messiah. If I said Obama is a sexy beast, does that mean he's a sexy beast. If I went in front of a Mass of people and say McCain is a Racist A-hole does that mean he is?

I've tried to make the same point, but apparently because he said it, it's true.

Apparently.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Farrakhan said the first gulf war was going to be armageddeon. Farrakhan will never compare to Malcolm X, who in the end was seeing and preaching about light and humanity before he was gunned down. Qui bono? I don't know but Farrakhan has had power in that orginization for decades. The best thing Farrakhan was getting the million man march rolling. Other than that he is a curiosity that comes up with inflammatory sound bites from time to time.

not scary

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

If I said Obama is a sexy beast, does that mean he's a sexy beast.

Yes! That's true whether you say it or not!

What I want to talk about is the Economy.

I have been doing nothing but. The TV is on to track it and I've been reading about it and watching it. This thread is just like "comic relief" for me. Something to talk about while GM and Ford tank.

I agree with you that we're going to hit rock bottom and rebuild. I'm observing.
I'm not sure how much good talking about it is doing.

In the meantime, I'm learning something about the Nation of Islam (maybe) and people's views of Farrakhan.

Benevolent Heretic, its scary to see what's happening to this country. I am scared but really optimistic that there is a light at the End of the Tunnel. (Here comes the Effect of the Kool-Aid on me) I believe Obama is "That One" to help us rebuild this wonderful nation. He is inspirational, articulate, smart, calm, understanding... (/End Kool-Aid Rant)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So, no one who is so upset over the words Farrakhan uttered can even say what they mean??? Do you yourself not know what he meant? mabus, clearskies, Jemison, Seeker Mom? Can none of you explain why this is so scary or freaky or meaningful to you?

I can't help but wonder what you're freaked about if you can't even articulate it. Because I don't instinctively understand what the problem is with a man calling another one a messiah.

And at this point, I'm not sure any of you do, either.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

All we can do is speak the truth as we see it and hope others will understand and stop and think about what they do and say.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Benevolent Heretic, its scary to see what's happening to this country.

We posted at the same time
I agree 100% with everything you said.

Pass the Kool-aid.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Damn girl..Your Nephew's Band is good..I love that Video. They got some skills..Trust me...I give them 5 Stars..What's the name of their band?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Farrahkan is a loon. Plain and simple.

If (and it is a big IF) he was referring to the actual Muslim Messiah, it could mean one of two things.

1. Islam refers to Jesus (Isa) as the Messiah, but not the Son of God in a literal sense.

2. The Muslim Messiah also refers to the "12th Imam", known as the Mahdi. This person is supposed to lead the fight against the corrupt Western society and conquer the world for Allah.

There, that's just for clarification. The meaning of "messiah" in the Islamic/Muslim religious world.

Now, did Farrakhan mean this? Who knows. Maybe, maybe not. But, the fact that he is a loon should factor into what people think when trying to interpret his words.

Of course, the Nation of Islam also believed that their founder was the "Messiah".....so, who knows which one Farrakhan was speaking of.

[edit on 10/10/2008 by skeptic1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join