It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farrakhan calls Obama 'The Messiah'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Sources:

www.worldnetdaily.com...

www.youtube.com...://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=77539

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, another powerful Chicago-based political figure associated with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright and other long-time associates of Democratic Party presidential candidate Barack Obama, is leaving no doubt about what he thinks of the leader in the campaign for the White House.

He says when Obama talks "the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

You can watch it for yourself on a newly posted YouTube video.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So... What conclusion are you drawing from this?

Do you think Farrakhan thinks that Obama is Jesus?

Or, do you think he may have meant "a professed or accepted leader of some hope or cause"

Merriam Webster

You say he leaves no doubt, and I agree that he's thinking of Obama as a professed or accepted leader of some hope or cause.

Now, my question is... What's the problem?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Farakhan said,

"You are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

I think it's pretty clear what he's saying.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Cue a series of tired Monty Python jokes.

It doesn't really matter if Farrakhan calls him the Messiah or not. It doesn't actually make him the Messiah. If I called Farrakhan a 23-year-old white teen model from Nebraska, it wouldn't make him a 23-year-old white teen model from Nebraska.

Even if Farrakhan meant Obama was literally an instrument of the Christian God, is this any worse than Bush believing he's doing the same God's bidding?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Ok, YOU think it's clear. Would you mind sharing with us "what he's saying"? Or are you going to continue to be cryptic and suggestive and not come out with it?

Because I read what he said and apparently I'm not getting the same hit you are.

If you are so certain of his meaning, what is he saying?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Even if Farrakhan meant Obama was literally an instrument of the Christian God......

What?
Farrakhan HATES the Christian God. As well as 'blue-eyed devils'!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If you are so certain of his meaning, what is he saying?

Well, it looks to me, with his usage of the phrases, 'God's instruments', and THE 'Messiah' (he didn't say A messiah) that he believes obama IS THE Messiah.
Just like lots of other hackers and spray-painters.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Farakhan said,

"You are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

I'm not sure I'm following this. I think it's a fair assumption though that you're concerned about the Christian angle, rather than the general 'leadership' reading of Messiah.

If you're a non-Christian, then this is not an issue. It shouldn't even be on the radar as a problem.

However, if you are a Christian, I'm still confused as aren't we all meant to be instruments of God and all part of his Divine Plan? Why couldn't Obama be the deliverer of the Jews?

Was you expecting someone who looked like Robert Powell or something?

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Who gives a rats ass what farrakhan says? He and his group are marginal even in the black community.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Not funneh!

Apparently YOU are much too young to remember Farrakhan's utter HATRED for JEWS and blue-eyed devil, Christians!!!

My, MY, yes,..... years ago, I got to hear the vociferous agony and vilifications of the blue-eyed debils.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Merriman Weir

Not funneh!

Apparently YOU are much too young to remember Farrakhan's utter HATRED for JEWS and blue-eyed devil, Christians!!!

I was 16 when the Hymietown and Black Hitler thing broke. Is this like a fairground ride where I have to be a certain height to get on the ride?

My, MY, yes,..... years ago, I got to hear the vociferous agony and vilifications of the blue-eyed debils.

"Vociferous agony and vilifications"? Am I talking to Don King? Or is that from the famous V for Vendetta monologue?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Thread title: ' Farrakhan calls Obama 'The Messiah' '

Then Farrakhan has just bestowed the Kiss of Death on Obama

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Farrakhan HATES the Christian God.

Oh, well, there's your problem. I didn't know there was more than one "God".

BTW, he said the audience were instruments of God, not Obama.

he believes obama IS THE Messiah.

So, Farrakhan believes that Obama is Jesus Christ?
Why didn't he just say that? Why didn't he talk about how people should bow down and worship him? Why didn't he preach about Christ's return?

Instead, he talked about politics...

I rather thought (since he talked about universal change and the political process) that F meant that Obama was the messiah (hopeful leader) of the new political future...

I must be an idiot. :shk:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I must be an idiot. :shk:

No, you appear to be a good-looking dog that's pretty much seeing this thread for what it is.

I find it strange how some politicians and leaders can use religious rhetoric and it's beautiful thing that shows the wholesome decency that just oozes from their very pores.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

"Vociferous agony and vilifications"? Am I talking to Don King? Or is that from the famous V for Vendetta monologue?

Have you never heard Farrakhan speak?
THAT'S what he sounds like! Crazy, but, with a smooth, Martin Luther King Jr. affect.

BH,
The man is a Islamic preacher. Do you REALLY believe that he has all-of-a-sudden become secular and everyone is supposed to 'get' that when he said THE messiah, he meant great politician???
Why would he connect obama to Jesus? He's muslim?

I can't believe you have NO ISSUE with the blue-eyed devil and evil joos hatred by farrakhan.
Respectfully, are you a racist?

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Cue a series of tired Monty Python jokes.
If I called Farrakhan a 23-year-old white teen model from Nebraska, it wouldn't make him a 23-year-old white teen model from Nebraska.

first of all 23 year olds are no longer "teen" models

second of all

Was you expecting someone who looked like Robert Powell or something?

why are you speaking eubonics?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Honestly, this doesn't surprise me. Farrakhan has and does say some pretty outlandish things.

We are living in a system that seems to be trying to intermingle religion with politics. I think that is walking some pretty dangerous ground. Religion has no place in politics, and vice versa.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

NO!!! Lets stop this right here and right now... Farrakhan is not... I repeat is not a Islamic preacher... the Nation of Islam has next to nothing besides the word Islam to do with real Islam... indeed the vast majority of black Muslims have long since left it and become mainstream Muslims.

en.wikipedia.org...

Comparison with traditional Islam

The Nation of Islam preaches adherence to the Five Pillars of the Islamic Faith: shahadah, or profession of faith; salat, or prayer, five times daily facing toward Mecca; zakat, charity to the poor; sawm, fasting during the holy month of Ramadan; and hajj, a pilgrimage to Mecca required of every Muslim financially and physically able to go, at least once in his or her lifetime. The NOI also teaches morality and personal decorum, emphasizing modesty, mutual respect, and discipline in dress and comportment. NOI adherents do not consume pork, stress a healthy diet and physical fitness, and the consumption of alcohol, drugs, and tobacco is frowned upon. However, the Nation of Islam argues that because of the unique experience of the oppression and degradation of slavery, Elijah Muhammad used unique methods for introducing Islam to his people. Traditional Islamic beliefs however, stand in stark opposition to the entire theological and creedal foundation of the Nation of Islam.

Other doctrines of the Nation of Islam are disputed, specifically:

* God's incarnation
o NOI teaches that "Allah (God) appeared in the Person of Master W. Fard Muhammad, July 1930; the long-awaited Messiah of the Christians and the Mahdi of the Muslims.
o Traditional Sunni and Shi'a Muslim doctrine is that it is heretical and blasphemous to believe that God would manifest Himself in human form (or any material form). Likening any individual(s) to God is a form of shirk—a major sin in Islam.[23]

* Relations with whites
o NOI teaches that the Black man is the original man, and from him came all brown, yellow, red, and white people. By using a special method of birth control law, the Blackman was able to produce the white race.[10] Islam recognizes the Biblical and Qur’anic figure, the patriarch Jacob, but this Jacob is viewed by Muslims as a prophet, and is not connected to the Yakub of the NOI. Traditional Islam does not teach of the Yakub featured in Nation of Islam theology.

* Perspectives on the Quran.
o The vast majority of Muslims, worldwide, believe that it was Allah's final revelation to mankind and that it was given to the Islamic prophet Muhammad between the years of 610 and 632. The NOI states that they believe in the Qur'an and the writings of all the prophets of God.[24]

* Status of the Islamic prophet Muhammad vs. other prophets.
o Mainstream Islam teaches that Muhammad was the last of the messengers that Allah has sent to mankind--there would be no more, and the one for all to follow. The Nation of Islam believes that Elijah Muhammad was also a messenger and was taught by God Himself (W. D. Fard).[25]

The Nation of Islam is about as far out in left field as scientology in regards to crack pot theology... they have nothing at all in common with true Islam except superficials.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by grover]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

BH,
The man is a Islamic preacher. Do you REALLY believe that he has all-of-a-sudden become secular and everyone is supposed to 'get' that when he said THE messiah, he meant great politician???

Whether or not he suddenly becomes "secular" or not, one thing he's not going to change is the colour of his skin. Perhaps, just maybe, that Farrakhan - a man known for his views on race - actually wants to push the idea of a black great leader, whatever religion?

Why would he connect obama to Jesus? He's muslim?

Surely you're aware that Muslims see Jesus as a prophet?

I can't believe you have NO ISSUE with the blue-eyed devil and evil joos hatred by farrakhan.
Respectfully, are you a racist?

I think my posts on one of the larger "it was the Jews that done it!" threads answers any accusation thrown my way. Can I ask you, respectfully, are you racist towards blacks?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This OP is so laughable that I can not stop laughing right now.

Remember when Moron Bush was called the by the gullible evangelicans the chosen one?

Bush end up spitting on the faces of all of them.

Now Obama is they new "Messiah" well we all know what they do once they are in the white house, is always higher powers of money behind the office of the president that answer to not almighty.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join