It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost hunters look for proof Merrimack eatery is haunted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I love New England. There is so much history up here, and so many undocumented cases of the paranormal, esp. when it comes to ghosts. Here is a recent example:

MERRIMACK – Many people believe the Common Man restaurant in Merrimack is haunted, perhaps by the ghost of Matthew Thornton and his son. On Thursday, the amateur professionals were at the scene to see if they could prove it.

Catherine Brown, a Hudson resident and member of the Nocturnal Society of Paranormal Research and Investigations, was at the restaurant Thursday night with her colleagues preparing to stake out the 1790s-era building in an attempt to catch visual or audio proof of paranormal activity.

Waiters, managers, cooks and bartenders at the Daniel Webster Highway restaurant said they've experienced odd, unexplained phenomena on a somewhat regular basis since it became the Common Man a few years ago. The unexplained events range from shadowy figures and disembodied voices to objects moving apparently of their own volition.

www.nashuatelegraph.com.../20081010/NEWS01/310109928/-1/news

Read the article, there is much more to the story. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that there are actually local groups that investigate these incidents. I saw an ad on craigslist that asked for people to submit any sightings, etc.!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I hope they approach the investigations with actual scientific objectivity, and don't wade in assuming ghosts exist. I hope they use proper equipment, take days to observe, and try everything they can to debunk everything they find.

I've yet to see a single 'paranormal investigation group' actually use science. They just seem to run around playing Ghost Busters or some such nonsense.

join