Will this be Black Friday? - 10/10/08

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tensetek

10:25 EST according to the post at the top of this page.

For anyone who wishes to follow the days events, here is a direct link to a page that does market updates in real time

Stock Updates

Trading begins in approximately 45 minutes, simply follow the link for updates once trade begins.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well I have no basis for thinking this other than simple paranoia but at any rate I was thinking that Bush may come out and say "well, you know, next Monday the banks are closed anyway, let's just keep 'em closed the rest of the week."

Anyone here think that's likely?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Dow futures are falling like a rock. CNBC just had them at -358; they were at -165 an hour ago.
We're only 1/2 hr from opening bell, so this does not bode well for the day.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by anachryon
Dow futures are falling like a rock. CNBC just had them at -358; they were at -165 an hour ago.
We're only 1/2 hr from opening bell, so this does not bode well for the day.

At -266 now

Source

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

That would be the final nail in the coffin. If trading were suspended for a week (unprecedented), it would signal a total destruction of the markets. In effect, it would stop selling and thus also stop buying... ergo all stocks would be at level zero.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Those are delayed ~20 minutes. CNBC shows live numbers.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Over the pond, no one's buying

Bloomberg

The line is for all intents and purposes, flat.

I'd almost welcome the same here in America, then maybe, just maybe we will know that the "bottom" has been reached.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Those are delayed ~20 minutes. CNBC shows live numbers.

Really? Oh, sorry about that. I thought they were delayed by five. I'm gonna check out the CNBC site then.

Thanks!

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by mkross1983]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

CNBC on TV, actually. Their site is delayed as well.

I didn't mean to sound snippy in my first post - I should have put a smiley or something. Sorry 'bout that!! I read it again and it seemed I could have phrased things better.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

CNBC on TV, actually. Their site is delayed as well.

I didn't mean to sound snippy in my first post - I should have put a smiley or something. Sorry 'bout that!! I read it again and it seemed I could have phrased things better.

lol ah I see. It's all good!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Thanks for the update, please everyone who can keep us informed in real time please do so.

And I would say snippy is ok for now...LOL.....we are all feeling very tense at this moment...and with good reason.

Things are looking grim already

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
money.cnn.com...

Dow Jones average is down 350 additional points in pre-market trading! You could be right!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kupoliveson
money.cnn.com...

Dow Jones average is down 350 additional points in pre-market trading! You could be right!

Good grief!!!

-350 and trade hasnt even officially started yet.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by anachryon

Thanks for the update, please everyone who can keep us informed in real time please do so.

And I would say snippy is ok for now...LOL.....we are all feeling very tense at this moment...and with good reason.

lol yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking! I think we all can understand if we are a little snippy with each other right now under the current circumstances, what with the world crashing down around us all!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is embarrassing, but I honestly have never paid much attention to Wall Street and stocks, so I have NO clue what is going on. I do however understand that the current state of affairs is very bad... Can someone point me to a site that shows the history of the Dow Jones etc? I'm the type that needs visual aids LOL. I'm watching one of the links someone provided and seeing the Dow fall lower and lower, but I want a comparison to past years to give me some idea of how much trouble the economy is in

Thanks guys

Michelle

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129

To give you a little idea of how far things have fallen, the DOW was over 14,000 just a few weeks ago.

We are at 8579 and dropping.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

You're right, those paying attention are tense to say the least.
Still, I don't think that's a reason for being snippy or rude, and I don't want to be that way.
Well, check that, I'll be snippy towards those willfully ignorant to the situation, but not to someone contributing information or trying to get educated!

The talking heads on CNBC have all sounded extremely grim this morning. It's not helping my confidence.

Oh - crude oil futures have fallen to below $80/barrel!! $79.57!

Watch Morgan Stanley today (MS). They're going to get foxtrotted.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I got up and immediately logged on here, and finally got done catching up on this thread

I'm with you, this is going to get ugly... lets see what happens today.

Dow -367 8 mins before open...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129

Michelle, it's kind of hard to give a one-stop-shop for Dow info. This problem is much deeper than the stock markets - the stocks are an indicator of the other issues causing problems.

Do you have any specific questions? That might make it a little easier.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Mate, the DJIA is only a composite index of the NYSE. In 8 minutes, the NYSE will go live with the DJIA at the level of 8200 because of the futures!

If your name is Nero and you own a fiddle, now is the time to play... because Rome is about to burn.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join