It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will this be Black Friday? - 10/10/08

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
That huge spike in the market today I believe was unprecedented in a (points/time) ratio shift.

They probably did not want to allow the market to be able to stew over a sub 8000 freefall over the weekend. So they used their newly minted 700 Billion Dollar plan and jumped in. Of course they announced it after the fact, on another Friday Evening FED/Treasury Announcement™. Remember all the last Friday Evening FED/Treasury Announcement's and how well those worked out for everyone.

This is exactly what is transpiring coupled with the cartel elite that are manipulating the prices.

I don't know anyone that bought into the market in the last week and I do know a lot of risk takers, so that tells you something.

How many people do you know that invested? Hell even the top analyst said sell, wait for the bottom, then buy after a month or two because this isn't coming back up anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

only a simple engineer and know nothing of financial world but i do know how to survive. get your kit togeter and head for them thar hills . no bills no problem. always tried to work on the barter system its easier and you dont end up owing £455000 to keep your haed dry

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
anyone heard any mention of troops in DC ?
over on yahoo finance Citigroup message board some crazy claims a show of force.

hmmm.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ive made all my very indepth posts in that thread. All the responses are relatively lengthy, but FULL of information. I don't want to waste space, so Im just going to link you all to the first of multiple posts in that thread where I lay down the truth of the matter, as well as my likely prediction for where we are headed.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
This is exactly what is transpiring coupled with the cartel elite that are manipulating the prices.

I don't know anyone that bought into the market in the last week and I do know a lot of risk takers, so that tells you something.

At the open, the Dow Jones industrial average quickly sank nearly 700 points. But suddenly, shares of struggling financial companies surged, the Dow regained all of its losses in less than half an hour, and a cheer went up on the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange.

From NYtimes

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

There are stocks I would have bought today during that drop. JPM, BAC, and even GS. All of them were undervalued at opening today, easily.

I'm not going to go into all the numbers, but right now I am holding off on TGT and BBY, because I know that they aren't so much undervalued yet, as much as they will have a hard 4th quater and maybe 1st quater so their stocks will drop some more, thus I can get a better deal on them down the road. Banking investing though, is going to be at its peak now or very soon. For a bank like JPM, money could have already been made over this whole debacle, and gives great opportunity, both in the short term investing and long.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

They want people to panic.....then they will unviel the "cure" for "our" economic troubles. I think the worst is yet to come. The sub-prime mortgage problem will look like a parking ticket next to what is coming up.
The deritives market will start to de-leverage soon and it is estimated to be over $500 trillion!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

They want people to panic.....then they will unviel the "cure" for "our" economic troubles.

What is that cure going to be? NAU, one world currency, NWO?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ive made all my very indepth posts in that thread. All the responses are relatively lengthy, but FULL of information. I don't want to waste space, so Im just going to link you all to the first of multiple posts in that thread where I lay down the truth of the matter, as well as my likely prediction for where we are headed.

You must give me a break. We wanted it this way and now we are getting it this way. Is there, could there possibly be, might there be, more at work than is clearly obvious.

W/o being too cryptic, the answer is yes.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
anyone see the movie fight club??... anyone up to starting a project mayhem? ...lol...? attack the beast while its confused ....

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Okay, I'm not reading 30+ pages of posts that were made in less than a day. Has Black Friday happened today and I just spaced out or is this topic a major overreaction?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Azurwth

No.....But that approach would work well in the ghetto.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Right, I'm sorry, I was reading this all day yest, got to page 25, but there is no end!!!! So sorry if any of this has been said.

That was a crazy ride, utter chaos and I did not see that twist at the end.

Anyone else get the feeling that someone is running around buying up as much stock as they can? I used to think it would be the FED, trying to get as many 'assets' as it can, but now I get the feeling it's ain't just the FED, I think the government are basically trying to do the same thing, it's seems to be a mad grab for as much as you can get.

Once the banks are all done, we'll be next, foreclosing, government buying mortgages to 'protect us', both doing their best to consolidate their power through the apparent new 'weapon of mass destruction' for the 21st Century, economics.

I'm still not sure if they are 2 hands of the same body, or 2 independent factions vying for power?

Something just doesn't seem right, can't place it.

EMM

Edit to add:

Originally posted by Sharki

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

They want people to panic.....then they will unviel the "cure" for "our" economic troubles.

What is that cure going to be? NAU, one world currency, NWO?

Our very own unelected official spear heads the campaign, a 'New Global Financial Order', had to be 'global' otherwise, it would have put him bang on,

Oh and NAU?!? Try NAEU for starters, then, we can wonder about our centralisation of world banks, surely, we'll need a centralised government, for oversight and to ensure opacity for the people!?!?

Can someone link the thread, where Bush and Brown discuss a joint solution?!? Which would make them financially inseperable? Can't find it.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Okay, I'm not reading 30+ pages of posts that were made in less than a day. Has Black Friday happened today and I just spaced out or is this topic a major overreaction?

It was a hectic day, with a range of about 1300 I think, ended on a +300 (please correct if I'm wrong), first 5 mins, it dropped by -500, to below 8k, but as I said, ended on a +, which could be good, or bad, depending on the reason. If it was in anticipation of the G7, and it doesn't go well, expect a serious decline on Monday, if it was due to people buying, then it may keep it afloat, but if it's the peolpe I think are buying, we will see another decline, that will hit us hard.

Hope this helps.

EMM

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

If I would have read this early Friday morning I would have freaked out.
Luckily.... Black Friday may have been pushed back until next week. Hope not.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
It was a hectic day, with a range of about 1300 I think, ended on a +300 (please correct if I'm wrong), first 5 mins, it dropped by -500, to below 8k, but as I said, ended on a +, which could be good, or bad, depending on the reason.

Seriously, you do not have the capability to look up the DOW close yesterday? You are posting this from a computer on the internet yes?

close -128.0

Of course compared to the rest of the week that almost looks like a +. What it ended on was a *wild* upswing, in and of itself is causing more concern than the closing number.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Seriously, you do not have the capability to look up the DOW close yesterday? You are posting this from a computer on the internet yes?

close -128.0

Of course compared to the rest of the week that almost looks like a +. What it ended on was a *wild* upswing, in and of itself is causing more concern than the closing number.

Apologies for the frivolity, I read up to page 25, and I'm sure that's what someone said it was at close, if I was wrong just say, now, are you capable of showing some manners?

EMM

Edit to add:

Originally posted by ThePowerOfOne
At 3:36PM ET: 8,871.57 Up 292.38 (3.41%

WTF!!!!!

I smell a conspiracy theory

I thought it closed at 3:30?! When I thought it was closed, I posted.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Is anyone else having trouble getting cash out of an ATM?
Also on the door of the bank there is a sign that says no hats or sunglasses allowed, I never seen this before, have you?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy
Is anyone else having trouble getting cash out of an ATM?
Also on the door of the bank there is a sign that says no hats or sunglasses allowed, I never seen this before, have you?

Yes, I saw it locally after a bank robbery. It is to discourage them.

EMM - Nothing personal, just a peeve when people don't take the few seconds to lookup the most commonly trafficked information on the net like the Dow or the Weather.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join