It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will this be Black Friday? - 10/10/08

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyHarry

I predict that the next 2 big crashes are the retail-service sector and manufacturing I will post my entire hypothesis later... coming right after christmas and the 4th quarter earnings come out in Janurary...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kupoliveson

interesting, can I ask why you feel that the manufacturing will be one of the next big crashes?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

As I said before, everyone I know will be getting homeade gifts for Xmas this year

Now I gotta figure out how to make a damn fruitcake

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
what sites are you guys using to track the Dow?

I'm using CNN, but it appears to be more sluggish on the updates than the sites you're using.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
NYSE 10/10/2008 10:30 am

Banks are in real trouble. Credits frozen stiff . . . What are we going to do?
SELL, SELL!

Oops?

Nope. Computer guided trading.

link   

Originally posted by DirtyHarry

interesting, can I ask why you feel that the manufacturing will be one of the next big crashes?

Manufacturing is already crashing . . . that sector has gone to the government on various occasions asking to be 'bailed out'.

At each turn, the goverement has expressed their loath to stick their noses into the marketplace, much to the chagrin of the hundreds of thousands of people who have lost their jobs in that sector.

Yet as soon as the bankers and corporate shills scream financial ruin, the coffers opened up in spades!!!!!!!

So much for the claims of saving 'main street'.

link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

real men dont bake, get your wifey/girly/lover to make you one

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The next market to go belly up will be the auto industry followed closely by many facets of retail.

Then the motherload....the credit card companies.

If people arent paying their mortgage notes you can best believe they could care less about those credit cards at 32%.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

Manufacturing is already crashing . . . that sector has gone to the government on various occasions asking to be 'bailed out'.

At each turn, the goverement has expressed their loath to stick their noses into the marketplace, much to the chagrin of the hundreds of thousands of people who have lost their jobs in that sector.

Yet as soon as the bankers and corporate shills scream financial ruin, the coffers opened up in spades!!!!!!!

So much for the claims of saving 'main street'.

maybe so, but which area of manufacturing are you talking about? cant be military, we've got a war to keep up

are you talking about housing, vehicles, or anything of that nature?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Its not the Market Folks! Focus on the credit freeze as we have become a full blown credit based economy in the past 50 years; and right now we are operating on "fumes".

The market numbers are just social/emotional reactions to the fact that we are out of credit.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kupoliveson

I predict that the next 2 big crashes are the retail-service sector and manufacturing I will post my entire hypothesis later... coming right after christmas and the 4th quarter earnings come out in Janurary...

I whole heartedly agree with you.

People will start saving money and curtailing spending. After that, the retail markets will see trouble as discretionary spending drops when people only begin to purchase enough to survive.

After the Retail markets plummet, Manufacturing will decline, as demand for the goods they produce drop.

that is a very sound prediction kupo! I hadn't even thought about that. We've only seen the financial sector decline, and haven't yet seen the overall broadening impact of the economic crisis yet.

Average joe will feel this big time... i'm gonna hide under a rock...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by duffster

nice! thanks for the link!

yah, this seems to be more current than CNN money.

this is not a 1 liner

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Not a prob I had the same problem before it was too slow
Looks like its on its way down again -297
sorry make that 330

[edit on 10-10-2008 by duffster]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

reply to post by BlackOps719

real men dont bake, get your wifey/girly/lover to make you one

Real men know how to do everything they can. Real men dont like to have to rely on anyone to do something.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

355 lol

this is kinda like watching a cubs game... you kinda everything to go well so that they can prove everyone wrong, but deep down, you'd love to see them get spanked in the long run...

sigh... just crash and get it over with lol.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dlongwell547

My maternal grandfather was a Marine during WWII and the boxing champion in his company....and he made absolutely the most moist and delicious chocolate cake you could get your hands on. Drove my granma nuts when we would beg him to make it for us as kids.

Real men dont talk about what "real men" do.

-355 and dropping

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

355 lol

this is kinda like watching a cubs game... you kinda everything to go well so that they can prove everyone wrong, but deep down, you'd love to see them get spanked in the long run...

sigh... just crash and get it over with lol.

lol seriously

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I guess i should just stop hitting the refresh button and then i would not be so shocked on how much it has fallen in the past few seconds -384 i understand that it will be all over the place But IMO i think it will close around -900 points today

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
but hitting refresh is so much fun.

I think I'm going to predict a close of about -650.

depends on how much further GM drops. If GM drops significantly, they may be forced to declare bankruptcy. That IMO will be another death knell.

they should just play taps instead of ringing the closing bell today...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join