It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...a step back...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
-raise your hand if you sometimes catch yourself feeling a little proud, glad to know ATS and the like.... to be "in the know" about some of the more questionable subjects around..........
-how many of us get comfurtable in our opinions, even eager to believe theories, conspiracies, and that which cannot be surely proven, granted it goes along with your same line of thinking?
-maybe its just me-

but from a more skeptical angle, my point is:
...even on ATS, we are provided with links and supposed pictures.... quotes, etc.. how much of that do we read? ...........and believe?!
how much of that information, is DISINFORMATION?
i dont know so i earnestly ask, how many of those quotes back up and are valid.
-i wont go so far to say its all a big lie and its all disinformation, but we are really vulnerable when it comes to truth and the net, fact or fiction the interet has it all.

thoughts anyone?

-lost

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
When I find something in ATS that I am interested in, I always go away and do my own research to confirm or deny what I am told. I think thats the only way to really get the best out of things. Read, research and draw your own conclusions.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Have to go with Gothique on this. As far as things like mathimatical equation goes, fact is fact. Other things can be "proven" but that is only with the data you have at hand. So, I would say that you only "know" things as they pertain to the "now."

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
my sentiments exactly Gothique!! I read what is provided, check out the links etc, then go search on my own and formulate my own opinion.

for example..no matter how many times Kano and Howard Roark beat me in the head with Chemtrails don't exist...i still don't buy their theories

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
ok,
- i see where you guys are coming from. very wise to do your homework, but is it fool proof?
i myself am very convinced of A UFO PHENOMENA, but at the end of the day, i really dont have much but some blurry pictures and a lot of testimony. i cant hold it in my hand, so its a bit of a leap of faith.

a question for any other UFO believers,

Is there a chance in your mind that the whole UFO phenomena could be a fraud?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost

First of all, I agree with the previous posters. And sometimes, your gut will tell you what is real, too.

As far as UFOs, I think they are real. But whether they are from other places or earth is another story

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

ok,
- i see where you guys are coming from. very wise to do your homework, but is it fool proof?
i myself am very convinced of A UFO PHENOMENA, but at the end of the day, i really dont have much but some blurry pictures and a lot of testimony. i cant hold it in my hand, so its a bit of a leap of faith.

a question for any other UFO believers,

Of course there's a chance that it's all a fraud. Until you meet an alien or see a UFO personally, you cannot be sure that they really exist. Even if that happened, how sure could you be that your experience wasn't just some sort of delusion or schizophrenic episode?

On the same token, you cannot prove that we are not just characters in some other species' SIMS game. I cannot prove, even to myself, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I am not the only conscious being in existence. Everything I percieve as being part of reality, may be nothing more than a projection of my own imagination. I cannot prove that you, or the computer I'm typing on, or even my love, sitting beside me, exists.
You just have to listen to your gut and turn off your brain once in a while, if you want to find the answers to the unanswerable questions. Most proof is only proof to those who accept it as such.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

First of all, I agree with the previous posters. And sometimes, your gut will tell you what is real, too.

As far as UFOs, I think they are real. But whether they are from other places or earth is another story

UFO's are real. That does not necssarily mean they're extraterrestrial. Before the F117 was made public, many considered it to be a UFO because the government denied it's existense. Having said that UFO phenomena is not a fraud.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Mulders point is valid, and I think he's right. But if you are talking about aliens, I look at it this way. It would be conceited to think that we are only intelligent life in the universe considering the billions of planets out there.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
thats what im saying, i mean its like tuna saying there the only fish out of the many bodies of water out there.
open minded will be the key to answers.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
the more complicated it gets, the more it favors the liars. The only way to stop the movements proposed by NWO is for people to get the tity out of their mouth

top topics

join