It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do Aliens think about Earth and our country?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Ok here is a hypothetical for all of you, My wonderful ATS family. Now Imagine if aliens came to this planet and studied everything about Earth and its people, and they took a special interest in the USA and the way its ran, How do think they would react to the everyday running of the goverment and the types of lives we all live here day to day. Do you think they would say what a waste and leave or stay awhile and teach us how to better run the daily operations we call life and perhaps make this place a truly better place world to live in.......

I picked this topic because its the weekend coming up and we are really affected by all thats been going on here with our economy and goverment and with us being at war so here is your chance to be creative and use your intelligent minds because ya never know..They could be on their way..STAR AND FLAG IF YA DIG THIS THREAD.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
if they were truely already here and allowing such knowledge, most likely,
most people wouldn't even know it, perhaps even those being effected into
knowledge in ways that human beings are yet not aware of.
or perhaps some are aware of it already happening, and in such a crucial
moment of human existence we are being prepared to become who we
really are in this life, or any life, as light, or as energy, and soon our
communications will become such that many shall know what it means
to understand and to know your Self, and the respect that is so incredibly
needed from a soul level to a physical level shall be bridged into one sound
energy that may allow us all to comprehend our oneness into existence on
this plane of existence. and perhaps, we might defeat or dissolve the imbalances
that plague our world into oblivion, or even transform them into balance that
we might allow ourselves the greatest truth we all ever knew,
but never completely felt:

love.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well, here (starred and flagged) is my first personal opinion without putting much thought into it-or I'd get stumped and wander away.

I do not feel that they wouldn't have the chance to come to the blatantly obvious opinion that they've just landed in some dangerous freaked out la la land of contradictions, perversions, and risk that would make one rush to their children and hurry away in fright--as we'd kill, capture torture and kill, or otherwise seek them out in advance to be really thoughtless with them: before they ever had the chance to overcome, say, any language barriers needed to convey their honorable intentions or purpose of their visit.

I would say something politically correct.
But, I am all out. :-(

Great topic!

[edit on 10-10-2008 by HugmyRek]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Do you think they would say what a waste and leave or stay awhile and teach us how to better run the daily operations we call life and perhaps make this place a truly better place world to live in.......

Definitely wouldn't be a waste of their time...even if they could bend space & time and move about the universe freely, they would still be interested in our funky a$$e$, or at least our resources.

If we do not blow ourselves up anytime soon, we will gain much more insight into the machinations of the universe as well as the physics that govern our daily lives...and someday, possibly, we may find a way to traverse this universe of ours as well.

If that is a possbility and they (our alien visitors) understand this, and why wouldn't they, it would behoove them to guide us down the right path, what ever that may be, to ensure one less hostile neighbor.

And we definitely could use the input..

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well hmmmmm'

Say we go into the jungle, observe a primates colony....
Do we asses that they are messed up or it's their nature..

How much luck would we have teaching these primates to live a more effiecient harmonous way..... are they even capable of understanding our instructions?

I'd like to think they'd offer hope and help to those of us here whom deserve it and give us the capability to purge the wicked ones from our society.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by GodshipForAll]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
hmm, that's a tough one.

hopefully before they come, all is right in their own world(s) so their mission is more of an educational one. they'd have to view us as primitive but whether they'd be willing to help us advance in any useful way depends entirely on the resources out in the rest of the universe.

i mean; if prime real estate in the universe is sparse ... knowing that in a few billion years we're going to be competing for that real estate ... they're probably not going to want to help us.

another possibility is; them being so much more advanced than us would indicate their own home is too old to sustain them anymore and possibly on the brink of extinction. then they'd want ours.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GodshipForAll

Um, lets see.

Humans are bipedal. They normally dont throw their own fecal matter. We know how to use quantum electronics. And we dont know half of what our government knows, so, I'd say they will come and teach us, even if they have to dismember everyone in their way.

=)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Ya well Im kinda trying to point out that maybe thats what we are to them.
Only suggesting that possibly they are so far beyond us in they're stage of existence that any help they offer us would be akin to teach a monkey not to nuke itself.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Well,since we've murdered about about 100 million of our own kind in sucessive wars over the last hundred years, I suspect they would regard us as 'homicial little bald monkeys'.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Karl 12...you are very correct...As much as I do want to call us barbarians I cannot but im sure thats what they might think. I tend to agree with you on that and I also thik visitors might say wow look at all the greed and corruption and lying politicians...They may say this" This place sucks, Lets go to another planet"...Just my opinion..

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B
How do think they would react to the everyday running of the goverment and the types of lives we all live here day to day.

If they're anything at all like us, they'd probably just try to classify us in some way, the same way we do other Earth cultures, and assign some of their fellow aliens to study us to see what makes us tick.

Or, they might just look at us like we look at pond scum, and not care one iota, and just destroy us and take anything of value from this planet.

Could go either way.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What do Aliens think about Earth and our country?

Mostly harmless.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

[edit on 10-10-2008 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

If they're anything at all like us, they'd probably just try to classify us in some way, the same way we do other Earth cultures, and assign some of their fellow aliens to study us to see what makes us tick.

I disagree Nohup. If they were anything like the US, they would take over your country with armed troops in the name of their religion, kill heaps of innocent citizens in badly organized sorties, rape all your natural resources and call it 'democracy' (or whatever type of social system they live under back home).

Honestly, I don't mean to offend, but in the harsh light of day, that's the impression the US gives the rest of the world (including your allies).

IRM

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by cmd18B

Well,since we've murdered about about 100 million of our own kind in sucessive wars over the last hundred years, I suspect they would regard us as 'homicial little bald monkeys'.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

Any intelligent race would know that every human is unique, and they would not generalise the human race. They should be cautious of us for sure thou... But they can never judge us as a race, because we are also individuals.

If the alien race are individuals too, then we cannot judge them too.

Actually the real answer is "NOBODY KNOWS" , of course every alien race would think differently, even in ways we cannot imagine.

But I still think a compassionate intelligent alien race can understand the individual unique human and not generalise the entire race because of their history.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What do aliens think about Earth and....which country are you refereing too in this question?

Does it matter which country?

From the alien's prospective, Earth contains a form of intelligent life called human. They would see us as a planetfull of foolish life forms fighting over rediculous things like "my god is bigger than your god" tribal warfare over the same nonsense of religious beliefs. They are seeing the human race at its worst by killing our young through starvation, kidnapping, stoning, abduction, and throwing them out onto the streets or hireing someone to off them.

Aliens are seeing a race that has yet to grow up out of its infancy of greed, want and desire for power. Aliens are looking at this beautiful blue planet and wondering why the race has not strived to provide itself with a better way of powering its world without polluting its environment and causing worldwide conflict over a resource that will run dry no matter how many more holes the race digs into the ground. The aliens are seeing the human race destroy itself and only a very few of the entire worldwide population are trying to change things for the better.

The aliens are concerned about the military powers of this world that those military powers can wipe out the entire planet with a push of a button. They are also highly concerned about the race taking their war hungry habbits out into their realm of space and using these weapons to try to start a conflict with them. The aliens are desperatley trying to stay out of this race's ways of doing things and will not intervene because if they do, the race on planet Earth may and most likely will, take advantage of them and try to steal or use given technology against them because the human race is still in its infancy of wanting power and control.

The aliens are ashamed at what they see, and are probably very glad that they grew out of all these things long ago and probably wish that the human race would wake up, grow up and begin to take their place in the universe community, where it should be.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

The aliens are ashamed at what they see, and are probably very glad that they grew out of all these things long ago and probably wish that the human race would wake up, grow up and begin to take their place in the universe community, where it should be.

Cheers!!!!

Aliens are probably laughing at us thinking we know how they think, wait maybe aliens can't laugh!?

I think you get my point.

It's fun to speculate, but we don't even understand how our fellow humans think, each person has a complicated and unique opinion, thoughts and ways of thinking, how do we expect to know how aliens think!? We can't even assume they think similar us, they could think in unimaginable ways unknown to us.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

First, interesting post burns...

Ashamed...? No, I think they might pity us, but if as you say is true, they would understand we are experiencing growing pains (huge understatement here) and hopefully show us the light.

The aliens are desperatley trying to stay out of this race's ways of doing things and will not intervene because if they do, the race on planet Earth may and most likely will, take advantage of them and try to steal or use given technology against them because the human race is still in its infancy of wanting power and control.

I think it's the other way around - they may take advantage of us. But yes, we are still in our infancy...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Read my post for the reason why you and him have different opinions = we have no idea how aliens think

Also if Aliens think individually like we humans do then each alien will all have their own opinions, agree and disagree etc just like you and the other poster did now.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I apologize if I was specific to just listing the USA, Im from the US so I kind of just threw that out there however our other members from other countries can express their opinions about aliens visiting their repected homelands as well.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Read my post for the reason why you and him have different opinions = we have no idea how aliens think

WTF are you talking about..?

The fact that I do not agree with him has little bearing on your post...so we see aliens as unique and they see us in the same light...

BFD man...my point is that if aliens are scouting us out, they may be inclined to guide us thru our infancy; if not, we're screwed...

Other than that, nothing...so calm down Daniel-son.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join