It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Al Jazeera broadcasts New Al-Zawahiri Audio Tape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Al-Jazeera is currently broadcasting an audio tape reportedly of Ayman Al-Zawahiri, to quell rumors that he is either dead or captured. The tape has not yet been translated. The CIA has not confirmed if the voice is that of Al-Zawahiri or not either. The release of a new tape from either Bin Laden or Al-Zawahiri has been expected by many sources in Intelligence community.

Al-Jazeera
Al-Qaida's number-two urged all Muslims in the Asian country to reject Islamabad's cooperation with US forces and throw out the unelected military dictatorship of President Pervez Musharraf.

He also urged the Pakistani military to "disobey orders. I call on Muslims in Pakistan to get rid of their government which is working for Americans."

The seven minute broadcast on Thursday made no reference to the Madrid train bombings on 11 March but did mention the Pakistani offensive against tribal Taliban sympathizers in South Waziristan that began earlier in the month.

Related ATSNN and TerrorAnalysis Article:
Al Qaeda's No. 2 al-Zawahiri Surrounded in Pakistan

[Edited on 3-25-2004 by worldwatcher]

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
updated: see above

I personally don't believe this is a new tape. I think this is an old tape brought up to try to convince us that Al-Zawahiri isn't dead or captured.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
CIA is stating that the voice on the tape is "likely that of Al-Zawahiri and likely authentic".

CIA Says Latest Zawahri Tape 'Likely' Authentic

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
this stuff been going on for years, i dont know why it is such the big deal that it is. hell, its not even about us, its about the gov,t in pakistan.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by blade-of-vengence
this stuff been going on for years, i dont know why it is such the big deal that it is. hell, its not even about us, its about the gov,t in pakistan.

I hope you realise that if President Musharraf is assassinated then a radical Islamic leader and government would most probably take over that support terrorism. This would be a worst case scenario as it would be an anti - west government that supports terrorist groups AND HAS NUCLEAR WEAPONS.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think Eddie just summed up the worse case scenario we face today.

Iran is working on nukes but you are right Pakistan under a radical mulsim leadership would most likely welcome Osama and his croonies into the capital during a parade. Instead of the key to the city they would give him his very own bomb, along with a missle to deliver it. BTW, I know that pakistan can reach India, would their missles also reach Iraq, Israel or god forib and ICBM that could reach here or Europe?

new topics

top topics

join