It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood Experience With Paranormal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
On my third birthday I had fallen out of a two story window onto the driveway of our house. I experienced the obvious injuries that resulted in a broken wrist, arm and cracked skull that busted blood vessels and caused a hemorrhage in my head. The doctor told my mother not to expect me to come out of the operation the same, and so it went.

About two weeks after the incident I came out of it as though nothing had happend. I wasn't drooling out of control or suffering from any signs of damage that was expected.

Afterwards we moved from that house down the street to another one story house where I began to experience "strange" encounters one of which was extremely vivid.

I was always terrified of my room at night and attempted to make any reason not to sleep in there by myself. This ranged from "falling asleep" in my parents room to secretly pouring water on my night light bulb to try and get my parents to let me sleep with them. Other times I would just sit in the hall outside their door and pretend to cry until one of them woke up and invited me in.

Which was exactly what I had done that one specific night that I speak of now. After my father had woken up and found me I then crawled into my parents bed between them and listened to them both breath heavily in their sleep. The hall light was on and casted light onto the wall/window in front of the bed. The window sat above the five foot wall area. I remember eventually hearing the door bell ring repeatedly as it echoed down the hall and into the room. I looked at both my parents to see if this had rose them from sleep, but it had not. The toilet began to flush over and over again at the same time the door bell was ringing and I remember thinking to myself "How are they not hearing this?"

The closet doors that were always open in there room that had clothes with hangers now appeared to have rotten corpses hanging from them, torsos mainly. On the wall with the light from the hallway showing on it was a shadow figure about 3 feet tall that appeared to be like a small demon or goblin with armour shoulder and chest plates with a bowl shaped hat with spikes throughout. He carried in his hands like a soldier carries a rifle a stick with a mace I guess, a ball with spikes on it like his helmet. I remember watching this thing pace slowly back and forth on the wall while all this noise was going on and for some reason felt safe, almost as though he were protecting me.

It was the only thing that made me get to sleep that night.

After that experience I there was another moment where I had woken from sleep and came out into the hallway from my room. I looked down towards my parents room at the open door where their bed showed and saw my uncle laying with his back on the bed halfway hanging off with his head facing out towards me. His throat was slit open and was covered in blood. In a matter of seconds he had come up behind me and when I turned around the image I had seen was gone.

I had these similar experiences here and there throughout my childhood, but for one reason or another these are the two that really stick out to me to this day.

You may ask if I was dreaming, but I assure you 100% that I was not. I know for a fact that I was completely awake during these moments, I'm well aware of dreams and have been since I was a child.

Has anyone had similar experiences or seen a shadow figure that resembles the one that I had described? I'm very curious to know. I'm also wondering is this something that was cause of the house, or my accident? I've been told by more than one palm reader that I have a tri-radius which is a sign of psychic ability, but I don't have these visions anymore.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
thats REALLY crazy. would have a panic attack.

i remember when i was like 5 or 6 i was sleeping on the floor next to my parts bed and i woke up to a big white rat looking thing curled up by my pillow... and it did not move for a while.

i was so scared i sat up on the bed and kept my feet of the ground.. but my movement didnt scare it away..
so i poked it with my foot. it had no hair what so ever.. and it felt really weird.

then layed awake in the bed for like 2 minutes and glanced down to see if it was there and it was gone. very odd

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lushyslushy

That sounds more frightening than what I experienced. I'd be duct taping the toilet cover down at night.

Very strange though, I certainly wouldn't know what to make of that situation.

[edit on 07/05/2008 by leakingignorance]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I can't deny your experience because of one extremely vivid experience I had myself. When I was little, me, my mom, and my older brother, traveled to Oregon a lot to see our grandparents who lived out in the desert. They lived about 5 or so miles away in a small trailer from a town called Paisley where my mom grew up. I remember one night when I slept in my mom's bed at my grandma's house that I woke up and saw something. Firstly, the room my mom and I slept in had pink, flowery wallpaper, a pile of my mother's old stuffed animals in one corner, 2 desks on either side of the bed with digital clocks and a small window. There was a closet in the corner closest to the door to the narrow hallway. So one night when I was in second grade, my mom and I were asleep on the bed, my mother slept closest to the door because I was afraid of it. The closet light was kept on and the closet door was cracked open to serve as a night light. The door to the hallway was kept closed at night because I was terrified of the noises I heard at night, which I don't remember anymore but they were like footsteps and howling sounds... creepy... Anyway, I shot straight up out of bed one night and I saw the door to the hallway open. I saw a dark figure that looked about 6 feet tall step into the door and stare at me. The light from the closet didn't seem to touch him at all which was weird. This guy looked like an old pioneer and I could see old clothing and a hat and the outline of a long beard. His most prominent feature was an old oil lamp from the old westerner movies that he held in his left hand that burned a brilliant blue flame. I sat and stared in awe for a moment and he walked out out the door and I heard the toilet flush for like five minutes. Then all was silent and I woke up my mom and said "MOM! Did you see that man?" and she asked "WHAT MAN!?" and I said "There was this tall guy in the doorway who looked at me and left and then the toilet flushed..." And she just told me to go back to bed and so I did but I still remember it as clear as day and I get a sense of terror and I shiver even now when I think about it because WHO OR WHAT WAS HE???

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
My Parental Units remember me waking up in the middle of the night a handful of times finding me almost in a trance like state except that I was absolutely terrified. They describe it as very disturbing because I was basically "inconsolable" and non-responsive to anything. Eventually my Mother said she would just kinda hold me until it went away.

The funny thing is that I remember these episodes to some degree but not clearly. I seem to remember that I would be awake when these would begin and I was usually in bed falling asleep. The one feeling that I really remember is a feeling of being extremely small or tiny compared to something or someone. I cannot ever remember what made me feel small though and that may be a good thing I guess.

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to remember and sometimes I feel like I can almost "turn the corner" in mind to confront/see what made me so scared but I still to this day have never made it all the way. It's almost like my mind won't let me and to me that is weird as hell. I've read about sleep paralysis but I don't think this is what it is. Has anyone else had something like this and has anyone else been able to "turn the corner"? What the hell was I so scared of? Lastly, this almost always happened when I was between maybe 4 and 7 years old and all bot one or two times at the same house. Also, I live relatively close to that house now and my Sis and I drove by last week and I reiterated the story to her and she said that she had weird stuff with her too there such as she remembers contemplating life and how lucky she was to be alive at the age of three or so and this happened more than once. What up with that?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
leakingignorance, thanks for your intriguing post!

First time poster/lurker here -

As I read your account I was reminded of similar, specific, recurring dreams of my own as a youngster. I was an only child of a single Mom so only had one "night guardian".

I was equally terrified at night and slept in proximity to closets, cubbyholes, and steep old school stairs with narrow steps and a spindled banister.

My roster of monsters were more demonic bipeds about 4' - 5' (feet) tall with spiny reptilian features, some with legs that seemed to bend backward at the knee. I don't remember if they were ever clad in garments - but they never seemed naked - somewhat shrouded most of the time.

However, I chose to post when you mentioned the 3' shadow entity. Mine was the same height but always looked to me like a woman with long dark hair and a mouth that looked like it was silently screaming or opening impossibly wide. It would shift from a young woman to a crone with similar, though very frightening features.

I was struck by your format and its similarity to mine, if not in specifics. The feeling of these encounters being outside the realm of dreams also echoes yours, though I'm not willing to assert any 100% conclusions - so many possibilities come to mind.

My dreams were pretty constantly nightmares with some recurring themes. I found them to be very distinctive from the "visitations". During one span of time when we lived in my Grandmother's house, I did feel like the house was somehow a locus or catalyst for events that I found unexplainable and frightening.

In my adult years I unfortunately found that self medicating could suppress these dreams. I don't condone or recommend it, however, for many reasons. I have always felt indelibly marked by the experiences and dreams, and am kind of an odd bird so to speak.

This was my attempt at brevity and I am a first time poster so I hope I haven't fumbled. I only wished to confirm that the OP was not entirely alone. Regards to all.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't know if you really needed head trauma for such a thing to happen. Growing up I lived in a lot of different homes and there was one that my father purchased after my parents had divorced that I wear today is completely evil. I wouldn't sit in the hallway but I would sit at my door with the light on because it became so crazy. I saw some pretty crazy stuff living in that house and had the most terrible nightmares of my life that even today I can recall..

Also.. Moserious.. One time later in my life, I guess probably about 9 or 10 years ago I woke up late for school and my father was calling the house he told me that I had a doctors appointment and I had to go.. He told me I had come downstairs while he was leaving for work complaining of stomach pain.. I then remembered it like a dream.. I woke from some sort of nightmare though it was more of a feeling than anything.. The feeling was terror and helplessness.. He said I was just clutching my stomach like I was in pain and then went back to my room.. Completely insane.. I suppose it was sort of a trance he didn't know what was going on and I do not remember much else about it.. I remember running down the stairs and do not remember going back to bed... Sort of a fight or flight response.. Maybe a primitive instinct..

Now that I think about it I've had some screwed up nightmares.. I actually got out of bed, sometimes running for the door. Writing this now I kinda laugh at it but I remember doors slamming into my forehead as I ran outside of my room... Then I'd just pace the hallway... I'd lay down somewhere and never wake out of the nightmare then walk around and I don't know how long this went on but it's really weird.. I would try to comprehend things unimaginable and incomprehensible trying to solve something.. That sucked..

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MoothyKnight

I used to live up in Oregon, never been to the desert areas though.
Not to discount my own experience, but I think it's pretty strange that this figure you saw went and stood in the door way and left to go flush the toilet. Maybe he was curious about it, from the way you described his appearance it's possible he was before the time of our more modern toilets.

The blue flame you mention I found to be of interest as well, the idea of manifesting fire seems...terrifying I guess.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it's always fascinating to read or hear about someone elses.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Moserious

Moserious, that sounds terrifying indeed. You don't still suffer from these episodes? Sounds like it could very well be some kind of possession, which I'm sure you've looked into by now. Have you ever thought of attempting hypnotic regression therapy?...It's something I myself have considered because I too have a lot of "dark areas" in my childhood memories.

Thanks for your contribution, it's always a pleasure.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

I've never really heard anything to that severity before. It sounds, unusual to say the least. Horrific would be best I suppose.

Strange place we live in, that much is obvious.

new topics

top topics

join