It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat Cloning Offered to Pet Owners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well we are a little closer to the end of evolution. This could be the first attempt to make cloning acceptable. If the public gets comfortable with the idea of cloning beloved household pets it will make the human cloning transition easier to accept.

�Now cats may have more than nine lives. The company that funded the first successful cloning of a domestic cat two years ago has gone commercial.

�An e-mail sent in early February to the company's gene-banking clients offered to clone up to six cats. The cost? U.S. $50,000 each. Clients had less than a month to take advantage of the offer, which ended Friday, February 27�.

�Ben Carlson, vice president of communications for Genetic Savings and Clone, said four clients signed up to duplicate their cats, and work to reproduce the pets will begin immediately.�

�The company is also working on duplicating dogs�

ARTICLE:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Wow, its going to be like that movie called The Sixth Day. I remember that the movie had pet cloning in ut.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudx
Wow, its going to be like that movie called The Sixth Day. I remember that the movie had pet cloning in ut.

That's right. Wasn't it called "RE-PET".

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yeah, you're right. It was called RE-Pet. I would be bad though cause they might successfully clone a human and we wouldn't know it.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is just a lame idea! Just think of how many homeless or unwanted little kitties that need good homes and now they want to create more!?! People are so F*ing shallow. You are just recreating the shell; it won't be the pet that you had before because it will not have the same life experiences to create its distinct personality.

This whole cloning fad is getting out of control. Just because you can do something does not mean that you should.

top topics

join