It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corpus Christi, Get Your Eyes Out!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Okay, so I saw an object low in the sky near dusk from my house on Padre Island.

The object was bright in the dusk directly west from Padre Island.

I have no doubt this object was highly visible throughout the whole town.

Now that it has gotten dark, it has moved greatly.
Initially the object was setting to the right from my perspective during dusk while moving down.

It has now been moving left and up.

Now that it is night, the object seems to be flashing Red and Green and possibly blue.

This may be a satellite, or the ISS, I'm not sure. But it was surely lit up by the sun quite a bit near dusk. This object has been visible for the last 4 hours.

I apologize for improper board or such.

ThreeDeuce.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
What direction is it in?
North, south?

Oops...brain fart

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Did it set at about 10 minutes after the hour? If so you have been watching a star. That star is called Arcturus and is one of the prettiest stars in the sky. And yes, stars do change colors. The technical term is scintillation but I like to call it twinkling.

For future reference, satellites and the ISS (which actually is a satellite) move across the stars. They are not visible for more than a few minutes.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Nope, I didn't see it set.

When I was looking to the west, it was moving left across my vision, which was exactly opposite of the movement of the stars, which was to the right.

It was visible to us for at least 3 hours until 9 pm.

I havent been able to check star charts, it just looked extremely odd.
Then it was gone around 10pm, we couldn't see it anymore.

/shrug

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

ThreeDeuce, thanks for sharing the story: i think that you are aware of the sighting that took place on march 2008:

Was it a UFO above Corpus Christi Skies? KII TV - by Jeremy Landers - Mar 24, 2008

On Monday night a viewer came by the station with video of a UFO he captured on his cellphone Saturday night. He says it was in the northern part of the sky and stayed there for 10-15 minutes. After hearing that story on our news, other viewers began to email and call us with their sighting claims. One man, Dennis Limon of Aransas Pass told us that he was out in front of his home when he spotted the object. It was large and yellow to orange in color. He claims that it also had a fire or sparks coming from behind the object. Federal officials at N-A-S Corpus Christi say that no one was manning their control tower over the weekend and at the airport nothing unusual was reported. Still, there are a number of eyewitnesses who saw they saw something in the sky. But what it was may remain a mystery.

Original article: More People Saw UFO! KII TV - By Michael Gibson - Mar 25, 2008
The video seems to be no longer available on KII TV website, but it can be watched here:

UFO - March 2008 - Corpus Christi | Metacafe

Do you know something more about it ?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I saw the footage of that "sighting", and I saw the brief coverage of it during UFO Hunters also. Other than that, I have no clue.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
There have been some weird stuff down here in the Rio Grande Valley, as well.

Maybe all of it is originating in Kingsville?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I would think that things would be centered on densely populated areas and military bases.
So, Corpus and Kingsville would be on a watch list...... in my theory.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Okay, so.... I guess I might have been imagining things...
Because, there is a star near to the one that I thought was unusual.

So, this thread can be closed.. sorry

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Thanks for the update and please don't feel discouraged or foolish. It sounds trite but the night sky is a wonderful thing. The more we learn about it the better.

If I may, I recommend you download this free program. It's really good and fairly easy to use. In fact, it's what I used to help you figure this topic out.

www.stellarium.org...

new topics

top topics

join