It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dueling puppets (Australian and Canadian leaders read same script in support of Iraq War)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Dueling puppets (Australian and Canadian leaders read same script in support of Iraq War)

www.brasschecktv.com

I was under the impression that Canada and Australia were sovereign countries.

I guess not.

This video shows the heads of both these states reading the same exact statement - word for word - supporting the invasion of Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Very interesting to say the least. Did one of them simply copy the other, or were they purposefully given the same speech?

The conspiracy side of me wants to say they were both given similar/exact speeches to recite to help garner support for the war. Which would then pose the question, who gave it to them?

The other side of me wants to say one of them just stole bits and pieces, or all, of the speech. Either way, something stinks.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

www.brasschecktv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yeah I heard about that. Apparently Harper claimed he never wrote it nor knew that he was repeating the Australian's speech. The guy who wrote it for Harper said he copied it because he was short for time and was tired or something like that.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I reckon the Canadian speech writer was just being lazy and copied it.

I don't think it makes all that much difference now, it isn't like we can turn back the clock and save hundreds or thousands of Iraqi civilians killed because my country invaded a sovereign nation with no justification.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This just proves we are nothing but a puppet nation under America's will.

My guess is we were handed the script by the US diplomats and advised to read it out to the public as it would be sending across the right message America needs promoted.

Id like to know how much that pathetic lil traitor Johnny Howard followed the same scripts.

He spouted the same WMD BS as Bush, and we have no evidence of intel what so ever.

Were we MADE to read it?
Or did we offer to follow what they wanted?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The facts are that at the time of the speech, March 2003, Chretien was Liberal Prime Minister and kept us out of Iraq. Harper was Opposition Leader and was advocating the Iraq debacle. Unfortunately, he was elected later anyway. (Sometimes I just got to shake my head.)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double Eights
The other side of me wants to say one of them just stole bits and pieces, or all, of the speech. Either way, something stinks.

That other side of you should take note of the myriad other examples of government fraud, deceit and out right manipulation prior to righting this off, in my opinion...

There are now too many examples of blatant manipulation, from media use of military/Pentagon officials for day to day commentary to the blatant intelligence misrepresentations that lead to what may have been an unnecessary war, to believe that this is a coincedence.

Good Find...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well, give that Canadian speech writer credit: he managed to replace "Australia" with "this country" at the end. A job well done, I should say.

As MemoryShock said, this is no coincidence. The manipulation, the conditioning, the brainwashing, and the propaganda has become too sophisticated to leave any room for error.

"Mistakes" and "coincidences" in today's media and politics are not what they seem.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yes, it was the Canadian speechwriter who copied the Australian speech.

top topics

join