It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Great Depression?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Another Great Depression?

www.cnn.com

Could this be the start of another Great Depression? Could "it" possibly happen again?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Im not saying that another "Great Depression" is imminent but its getting closer and closer to peope relizing that this is a actual possibility. The DOW is lower than it was during the great depression. Bush is still our president for a little longer and whenever one of the candidates is put into office it usually takes a while till we actually can see a change so the next president is going to have to work very fast and Americas going to have to pay for his stupid mistakes.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Classic example of media fear mongering.

Not to mention we were told the Great Depression II was coming both in 1989 and 2001-2002...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well there is no denying the slide, I hope i am wrong but , it may be time to go shopping,If not now, later there has to be a market correctiont and a deep global recession or depression may-well occur,max 2 years, this one with ALOT more pissed off, hungry,jobless people!
The sleepers, or sheepers as i call them (people unaware of the economic meltdown) will flip out majorly! , at worst lots of riots,suicides,drug addiction,disease,murders,break-ins,bank jobs, food lines etc, a breakdown of society basically,and We all know what got us out of the depression
-war
Who knows maybe a lot of communities will band together after a short while,neighbors will help neighbors, people will take care of each other and things will be ok. It's due time, we should start

[edit on 10-10-2008 by all2human]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think as long as you have a good job that isn't very fluid, you shou,d be o.k.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Where is the stimulus?700 billion "bailout/rescue" package? i say it will be injected tomorrow (fingers crossed,sipping whiskey).and Bush will/may tank the economy..again

top topics

join