It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS – Applaud yourself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I just wanted to say a thanks to all the ATS financial wizzkids and economic guru’s that have helped me prepare not just financially but mentally for the current mess that we are seeing.

You all picked what was going to happen, and you picked it early.

I’m not going to mention names, we all know who you are, and there are to many to mention anyway.

Thanks again, you are super stars.

Cheers,

DB

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well I know I am not one of the nameless. I don't know jack about that stuff

I can help you prepare for the apocalypse though. If you need sword training or something

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
How about a round of applause for the poster who started a Board Business thread a few months ago asking for an economics forum?

(Somebody will remember who.)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I second that. There's been some very smart postings and decisions over the last 12 months. There's a lot of [SNIP] that's talked about on ATS, but it's things like this board that make ATS shine.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'll send applaus to ATS too!!!!

People have been very kind explaining everything, to me as an economy noob. I understand a lot better now and I kind of know what we're facing right now.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
thank you, thank you! you're all too kind..thank you!
you know how to make a girl bush! it was no problem at all, anytime, i am glad i could help out...
thank you!

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Fathom]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dingleberry77

Thank these people:

www.tickerforum.org...

And! my Keyboard Kitty...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Oh yeah, and applaud us, we are all going to die in the streets.

Not so warm and fuzzy outlook I have, no. Yoda-voice off.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You're Welcome!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Just curious, looks like you're Aussie too. How are you "preparing" for this situation and how do you think our country will be affected. At the begining of this crisis Kevin Rudd seemed confident that we would be immune to the financial difficulties, now im not sure. Im still young so no worries about my super and I know I wont lose my job, maybe my 'rents will.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Wow, such wisdom in that kitty! If only I had heard about that years ago! Oh the roads we take...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Your keyboard kitty rocks the big one. And ticker forum rocks too. They have helped my work this mess out, if that's at all possible.

B

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JRSB

Mate, as a fello Aussie i don't know what's going to happen to us. A few weeks ago I thought we were going to be fine, now I'm not so sure. The scary thing is we are only insured for 20k in our banks. If you have more than 20k in your bank account I'd move it just in case. I am.

B

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Glad to hear your finances are safe mate. Good to see someone taking proactive steps to counter the threat rather than just panicking.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Well, I'm not sure if it's safe. It's safer than it would have been. Thanks to ATS i've made some smart choices over the last few months.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I heard Malcolm Turnbull on the news saying that the government should up the surety to 100K. Makes sense when you consider it might just stop a rush on funds.

I took a break from ATS about 2 hours ago and went to the shopping centre and bought some extra groceries and also withdrew some extra cash, just in case.

I of course left enough in to cover this months internet access, because there is no way I could miss ATS over the next month, especially.
If you really want to know what is going on, this is the only place to find out.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I hear you mate, this place is a god send at the moment.

I just too a grand out on the way home from work, pity a grand is my daily limit.

I'm going up to my folks place in Scone this weekend just to get away from it all. It's a worry.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Scone is the perfect place to get away from it all.
Hope you have a great time.

Things may be looking brighter next week when you return to the rat race,
with a bit of luck!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Yeah, it's a great spot.

Good luck mate, see you around the joint.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Hey that was me!

lol

I brought the idea to (bring it back, as one used to exist a while ago under PTS) but it was Relentless who actually did the management of the forum and watches over it! ... It's her baby

And of course, Gools, Jeff, CP, bigunit, and many others added to the forum as well .. of course, it was not until the whole world came crashing down that the forum had large scale participation lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join