It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10/9/08 - FSME Denninger Special Report - IT'S HERE!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
FedUpUSA Document

Think thats it.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

Ummmm.....did you see the markets the past 10 days?

Of course I know what's going on in the market. I'm not even looking at my portfolio these days because I'm not selling and I'm not going to allow myself to be part of the problem ... which plain and simple, is people's panic and hysteria. I inherited the majority of my holdings so I suppose the arguement could easily be that I haven't really 'lost' anything. My biggest losses will be from capital gains taxes if, and when, I ever do sell.

On the every-day side of things, I'm wondering how life as we know it is expected to change.

I guess what I'm missing is what another poster mentioned ... what exactly is armaggeden in this guys eyes?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
And the flip side of the coin:

US Treasury futures soar full point on Nikkei plunge

TOKYO, Oct 10 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury futures soared more than a full point in Asia trade on Friday as Japan's Nikkei stock average plunged 11 percent, with the panic gripping investors deepening on fears about the faltering global financial system.

Yikes! 11%!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yep - that's it - I did a complete paste of it that hit the previous page because I don't know how long it will be accessible (between the board getting too many hits and who knows what).

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

LIBOR rates are shooting threw the roof mate.. watching the CNBC market reports (the closest damn thing to a FAIR market report anyways..)

DOW in 365 days has lost over 35% ..

it looks bad, I know that.. you know that.. shoot, we all know that..

But really.. a complete collapse you think?

You think it's here? .. really.. really here? You believe so much that the Credit Markets have gone so cold all credit-commerce will HALT? ... I understand the consequences of this.. I know full well that .. it is expected to happen to SOME degree..

I pray your wrong..

DOW futures -150 points right now.

I cannot say how glad I am that you, relentless, are the FSME of this forum .. seriously, if anyone could have pulled this forum from it's shadowy existence of just a few of us economic nerds, it was you buddy! If anyone has concerns they can always post here... get a little assurance when the media is displaying bs all night, there are sources with the information ..

So I hope you bluff on your resignation.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
NIKKEI now at -10.83%

go here to see the cliff

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Thanks for being part of the cure. We need a few more to step up and market stabilized.

link   
reply to post by Jemison

I guess what I'm missing is what another poster mentioned ... what exactly is armaggeden in this guys eyes?

Pretty much a path that leads us into a US default on its debt with all the ensuing problems. I'm pretty sure Denninger is still in the deflationary recession camp.

I've followed him for over a year now. He has been amazingly accurate and even prescient in his analysis, much more so than almost anyone you see on bubblevision (Meredith Whitney and Roubini excluded). He's not a perma bear and would rather be trading in a bull market, but recognized the systemic risk caused by excessive leverage and a lack of trust and transparency early and has traded that thesis.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by jefwane]

link   
I am disappointed by the article.

Please, don't resign Relentless..

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
NIKKEI at present - not good following the other news.

I need a hug

(or a stiff drink please)

Edit spelling

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Breifne]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I pray I'm wrong too, (but then I would resign). seriously folks, if Karl says it is the only solution left, you better scream from the rooftops for them to do what he says, cause yes, I do think it's that bad.

We (where I work) are not seeing any loans going through this week. Something is terribly wrong.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I don't think I"ve ever seen a Daily Chart look that nasty. I watched CNBC (bubblevision, CNBS) into the close today, the selloff into the close was NASTY.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

That is definetly a holy cra%. Hey at least were all together hovering infront of our computer as it goes down. No wait, i've got hot blonde at home waiting for me! time to have end of the world s$%. This should be fun!!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
DOW futures at -188 and falling

hold on to your whatevers

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This quote is a real eye-opener:

"It's not entirely obvious that these measures are turning
the tide. At the end of the day, if you socialize enough of the
financial system, it has to work." - David Mackie, head of
Western European economic research at JPMorgan

And, mirroring the 'open visibility' sentiment:

"This is not the bottom yet. We need to have more bad news
discounted in the marketplace, we need to officially hear we
are in a recession, we need to have better visibility on
company earnings and the credit market needs to show signs of
relief before things get better." - Keith Wirtz, chief
investment officer of Fifth Third Asset Management.

Source (Reuters)

Now, what exactly does 'better visibility on company earnings mean? Aren't these private markets confidential contracts? How does one go about regulating those to be 'open', completely, without eliminating the entire concept of confidential private agreements? Anything less is scatter-shot, with loopholes that will be found, right?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I won't resign till the 48 hours is up and our Country has done nothing to correct this.

Don't be disappointed in the article - read it again - it has a solution to stop the madness, it explains it in a nutshell. The US is the cause and we have to make it right. Look at the other posts coming in from around the world. It's a hemmorage!

The sad part is there isn't even time to wait for the election to punish the ones that voted for the bailout now. The game is over.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Am I right in saying that a 1000 point drop in one day is a 'crash' in the true sense of the word? Does this apply to all markets?

If the NIKKEI crashes today, surely the NYSE will crash tomorrow?

Or am I wrong with that assumption?

Edit to add source for above diagram: nikkei

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Breifne]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by Breifne

That is definetly a holy cra%. Hey at least were all together hovering infront of our computer as it goes down. No wait, i've got hot blonde at home waiting for me! time to have end of the world s$%. This should be fun!!!!!

I wanted a hug, ... from a female and I get a dad giving me grief? This truly is the end.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wow what a flavor of desparation from Japan!

The stock sell-off led the Osaka Stock Exchange to trigger a circuit-breaker and briefly halt trade in the Nikkei futures.

"No one is buying. Fundamentals don't matter any more and there's no explanation for such a plunge," said Yoshinori Nagano, chief strategist at Daiwa Asset Management.

"Fears about the U.S. financial system have been rekindled. The U.S. government is still debating whether it would inject money into financial institutions. It needs to act now even if that would be beyond the current law."

Reuters, 9:05pm EST

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Well, Karl said before he got the document up it may be too late.

Here's the part of the document that will prove him right or wrong in 24 hours I suppose:

No more legalized fraud! It must be done now, within 24-hours or the United States will follow Iceland and worse. Worse because we are the world’s reserve currency and we will literally pull down each and every country on the planet. Worse yet, is for those of us who are Americans, WE WILL LOSE OUR COUNTRY ENTIRELY!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join