It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10/9/08 - FSME Denninger Special Report - IT'S HERE!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Any idea what the Bond markets are going to do tomorrow since they were closed today?

How do you 'watch' the bond markets anyways...I'm kind of a noob when it comes to all this; but thanks to Relentless, KD and even Grim! (and a TON of personal reading) I think I've learned more about the economy and the markets then I ever thought possible..I like it to, might even have to think about going to school for it now, hmm..

I am also concerned about the EU saying they will insure everything now. And the US is doing the same. So what happens if more Icelands happen. And from what I'm reading they're not out of the woods yet over there.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by toepick

TREASURIES-Plummet in Asia on global stock rally

TOKYO, Oct 14 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasuries plummeted in Asia on Tuesday as investor demand for the safety of government debt was curbed after stock markets around the world rallied.

Analysts said longer-dated Treasuries appeared more vulnerable as the U.S. government has to rely heavily on debt to fund its rescue projects.

"The steps the U.S. government is undertaking to shore up the financial system involves a lot of spending, which will weigh the most on Treasuries of longer duration," said Nagai at Daiwa Securities SMBC.

It's another wait and see for today when the Bond Market opens in the US, but as has been pointed out in a few other threads in the past 24 hours, how long can you live on credit?

The world is trying to fix the credit lock-up by extending more credit. I personally have been wondering since they passed the Bailout Bill, how do they guarantee the Bond Market long term? Can any of this make sense in the long term? It's become a downright quagmire in my mind how anything can be safe, and I can't find any logic in what's going on anymore.

Edit: The above article was dated about 12AM today. Here's one that just went up about 6:45.

Relieved investors lift global stocks, sell bonds

[edit on 10/14/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

How much worse can it get?
i tell you:

if you think that the economic systems are everything and the lack of it means Armageddon.

this is the worst it can happen to you, and it will

it is not evil, but tests your knowledge of plant life, because the stuff you eat needs to be grown with love (at least, to be healthy and consistent).

hope you all know how to plant a seed.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by toepick
Any idea what the Bond markets are going to do tomorrow since they were closed today?

How do you 'watch' the bond markets anyways...I'm kind of a noob when it comes to all this; but thanks to Relentless, KD and even Grim! (and a TON of personal reading) I think I've learned more about the economy and the markets then I ever thought possible..I like it to, might even have to think about going to school for it now, hmm..

I am also concerned about the EU saying they will insure everything now. And the US is doing the same. So what happens if more Icelands happen. And from what I'm reading they're not out of the woods yet over there.

look for the yields on the treasury rates i.e 3 month (T-bill), 10 year(T-note) , 30 year (T- bond)
when yields fall = bond prices are rising = money moving into bonds

an example would be looking at a 10 year treasury note yielding 4.03 on monday and yielding 3.80 on friday = yields drop/prices rise money moving in

lots of times during market stress money shifts from stocks and commodity's into the bond markets

when stocks fall and bond yields rise/price's fall money usually is moving out of the country (into stronger currency) or into commodity's.

Also during times of stress, the most "liquid" investment is a 3 month Treasury bill and you will see yields go close to zero, this means there is lots of risk in the markets and people seek the safety of the 3 month treasury bill- because you have to hold the treasury bills/notes/bonds until maturity, and this is a good spot to park your money safely.

The problem is potentially that with the gov't and treasury insuring all these banks and interlending rates that should they stupidly allow another investment bank to fail the gov't and treasury will be on the hook (I beleive) and should house prices continue to fall (they will) the banks will continue to post losses ( and the gov't will be on the hook for any continued stress that occurs from this in the financial industry.

So the banks succeded in gaining tons of leverage over the economy, they became too important to fail, then they took so much risk (knowing that the gov't would save there butt's, and that the ceo's would get huge bonuses/parachutes) that the gov't in effect took the noose around the hurting banks and hung it around there own necks, should there be any more potential blow-ups down the road.

and based on quoted speeches by certain people at old bilderberg meetings as well as the writing of carroll quigley in tradedgy and hope, the end PLAN for those in powerful positions is a world financial body and intelligence agency's that in effect replace sovering nations'/gov'ts , and my guess would be that from where we are now, there will be additional stresses on the govt's over the next two years that take us there!

as far as the last paragraph goes, it is really not "tinfoil" at all, i would suggest you read tragedy and hope, Quigley was a globalist, he was allowed by the CFR to study all there documents and came to that conclusion (quite confidently) difference was he was trying to tell people and "educate" them about the idea of globalism, while most other globalists tip toe around the plan.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

ty for the informative reply - I have been doing some 'reading up' on them and added them to my yahoo financial page..you're description did a better job of summing them up tho lol

and unfortunately I agree with you on the tinfoil hat theories...and its hard to deny it with these recent events...how sly they move tho eh?

I think what I don't like about this the most, whether it was what we needed to do or not, this recent plan was 'forced' on us by the world banks. Has anyone really taken a moment to think about that? What else would our wonderful 'for the people' Government do for these world banks in order to save our fat cat banks and our 'economy'..scary scary scary

edit: forgot to add.. angry angry angry

[edit on 10/14/2008 by toepick]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Question, if I may.

I know things still aren't better, but... wasn't the original point supposedly that there was going to be a "financial armageddon" within 24-48 hours of... some time 5 days ago?

Forgive me if that has been asked or addressed already, but 25 pages would be a lot to catch up on at 2 in the morning.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Question, if I may.

I know things still aren't better, but... wasn't the original point supposedly that there was going to be a "financial armageddon" within 24-48 hours of... some time 5 days ago?

Forgive me if that has been asked or addressed already, but 25 pages would be a lot to catch up on at 2 in the morning.

Agreed! The warning was the freeze up of the credit markets, which now has a band aid on it (the cheap kind that falls off all day long).

Time to move on to what they did about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The mulit-national corporations will prevail in the end. They have the bankroll and are supported by the international bankster cartel.
Small businesses from here forward don't stand a chance.
You can thank the international bankster cartel for all of this.
I may sound like a broken record here on ATS, though once again, this was all by design, just as the Depression of 1929 and the recessions of 1987, 1999 and many years in between.

This is just another 'consolidation' of the banks, real estate and fleecing of the taxpayer into more perpetual indebtness to the international bankster cartel.

They want know what you're going to DO about it.

Read my other posts for 'answers'.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

don't know how much the "design" contributed, but this reminds me of a phrase in a doc. that you create a problem then you offer the solution. and the solution always involves your profit somehow,...

i wonder what the profit will be for the banking cartels this time. i am certain it will be some.

not necessary a material one.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by encoder]

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join