It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10/9/08 - FSME Denninger Special Report - IT'S HERE!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePowerOfOne

We are waiting for KD to pull together on what we can do. It will get linked here as soon as it's available.

But seriously, don't expect it to "fix" how bad it got, I am getting the gist from what I am reading, there is no going back, but maybe we can do something to not go any further down the rabbit hole.

[edit on 10/9/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePowerOfOne
What does this means? Does it means that we need to go to the bank and get all our money out? Or is this just for the investor?

Sorry...but I don't quite get this
What do we do?!

What do we do? Hold on to our butts. Be prepared.
It's not a bad idea to have enough cash on hand to last a couple days. At this point, if you rely on credit cards, you need to IMMEDIATELY change the way you live. If your bills and necessary purchases cannot be managed by your paycheck, it's time to kill the cable TV/internet/etc.
Have a few days' worth of nonperishable food on hand - three months' worth is better, but a few days is better than nothing. If your local grocery store has trouble filling its shelves, you'll be glad to have a stash at home.
Keep your car filled with gas at all times. If gas stations cannot pay for gas shipments, you'll be hard pressed to find fuel.
If your bank fails (and I think few banks are immune to this possibility), it may be a day or three before FDIC insurance kicks in and your deposits become available. For this reason, have some cash on hand.

No, this isn't just for investors. This is for everyone.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm getting news that Japan's market "circuit breaker" just tripped. Trying to confirm.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Lurkerzrule]

link   
I'm reading up on the Denninger links and it is very interesting and frightening that we have been swindled so bad! Holy Crow!! Qui bono? Someones on top.

I can only guess that we can expect some outages of services but I don't think we are going back to the stone ages. I am glad I live where I do unless Canada gets to cold, but they will beeline it to the Outer Banks and Florida. And then they will bee line it back once they see what is going on.

People are going to be wicked pissed. I hope we can channel that energy into some grand positive action.

I am serious about going shopping tomorrow.

link   
Is someone going to post a link to the aforementioned document here?

I know some folks who are very worried about their investments and I know things are bad and will get worse before they get better, but I'm a little vague on just what point this thread is making.

link   
reply to post by Relentless

Unless we can freeze time, reverse gravity, or eat a strange magical mushrooms that make everything really lovely, then I think Alice is going all the way down this time...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's spiralling now.

It may be too late. It has gone global now; Osaka's exchange was just closed.

Genesis @ tickerforum.org.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Are we not dead yet? ... Good, at least one more weekend in the offing.

This may help - or given the source, it may make things worse!

Bush to address nation about economic crisis - Friday

President Bush, who has said little publicly during this week's prolonged market dive, will make a statement about the crisis tomorrow morning in the Rose Garden, the White House said late today. Press secretary Dana M. Perino said Bush will "assure the American people that they should be confident that economic officials are aggressively taking every action to stabilize our financial system." Bush will say that his administration has "the necessary tools to address the problem" and that Treasury is "moving quickly to use new tools to improve liquidity, which is the root cause of this problem," Perino said. "Americans should be confident that every effort is being taken to stabilize our markets," Perino said.

I still don't get the ''Urgent - All hands on deck'' message. Am I reading the right post? A lot of people waiting around a corner shop waiting for it to open it seems.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Yes, I will post the link - they are estimating a few more minutes. The info is in the first links I posted, I think the document we are waiting for is a last ditch effort to stop the madness, but I have no idea till we see it.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
After hours DJIA down 146

not a one line post

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thank you anachryon and Relentles...I'll try not to panic

The Tokyo Nikkei is At 8:22PM ET: 8,482.84 Down 674.65 (7.37%)!!!!

This can't be good!

[edit on 9-10-2008 by ThePowerOfOne]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
That Market Ticker site is having some intermittent troubles keeping with demand...

What's this about the Osaka exchange?

Australia's ASX is tanking... It's flirting with falling below 4000 points...

And yes.

It just did

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Keep it coming guys!

All breaking news on this is being applauded. Go find more while we wait.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Trying to get confirm on the Nikkei - it tanked over 10% and I can't get any further updates. I think trading may have been suspended.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
ASX, 3968 points and falling...

7.60% drop so far this morning, boy oh boy.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
watching the nikkei on yahoo now, it's at 914.9 (9.99%)and still tanking

not one line

[edit on 9-10-2008 by TXPatriot38]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
To those who want to run and get cash.

1. You will be making the situation worse, the last thing we need is a further bank run. And the GOV is protecting against this.

2. Try and buy gold, what you would need in a meltdown beyond other goods. See what the wait is to get it delivered. People are right you can buy it, but how long til it's in your hand? WEEKS!(excluding ebay)

3.This Keeps the dollar useful so we still have a useful currency although a game of shadows and computer numbers.

4. Fact is GOV is panicking and without us even knowing has positioned to "Check Mate" on anything but food. THEY DO NOT WANT YOU TO HAVE GOLD!!!

Look at my other posts, I,m not an alarmist. The dominos though are concerning and the worst part is you are now in a position where all you can do is hope.

So to refer to the top of my post, it doesn't matter anyway so keep your money in the bank and hope if we all do that it stabalizes. If not the money in the coffee can will only be good for starting a fire!

Sorry for the rambaling and run on sentences.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My stocks went up yesturday and today, I think this is a bunch of FUD.

[edit on 10/9/2008 by smatts]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If this does keep going, I also see the possibility of a pre-packaged 'Solution' being presented to us at some time in the near future.

One which has been 'in stock' for some time now.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Shoot - the document is up but the board is not holding.

Okay, I have to do a copy and paste cause the board is failing on and off. permission granted by Karl Denninger

To see the graph, (which will probably not copy and paste) here is the link if you can get in:

www.tickerforum.org...

We The People of the United States of America, in order to preserve, protect, and defend our “more perfect union,” must act now! The chart below represents one day’s worth of trading on the Dow Jones Industrial Index, despite promises from Treasury Secretary Paulson, Fed Chairman, Ben Bernanke and President George W. Bush that ‘confidence’ is being put back into the market. This is also despite the US Taxpayers giving up $700 Billion towards this ‘plan’ to instill confidence. Does this LOOK like confidence to you?

www.hrillc.com...

The fact is, NONE of this so-called ‘plan’ will work! The ONLY thing that WILL work is to restore TRUST to the system and the only way that can be done is by forcing each and every one of these companies to pull their ‘assets’ out of hiding. No more phantom accounting. No more legalized fraud! It must be done now, within 24-hours or the United States will follow Iceland and worse. Worse because we are the world’s reserve currency and we will literally pull down each and every country on the planet. Worse yet, is for those of us who are Americans, WE WILL LOSE OUR COUNTRY ENTIRELY!!!!

Each and every one of you reading this must right now, and continuing until this is done, call your Congressman, call the White House, call every single media outlet, every newspaper, every person you can possibly tell and DEMAND RIGHT NOW THAT OFF-BALANCE SHEET FRAUD BE STOPPED EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!

THIS IS OUR ONLY HOPE.

AMERICA’S FUTURE NOW LIES IN THE HANDS OF HER PEOPLE

Her government has not only led us to this place, but has completely failed to protect her.

WILL YOU ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN?

www.FedUpUSA.org

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join