It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10/9/08 - FSME Denninger Special Report - IT'S HERE!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well its officially the weekend. The market has not crashed.

The news of this weekend with Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, and the G7, will determine next weeks Dow future. I believe that the FSME rang a false alarm on us here.

The truth about this prediction comes down to this simple video clip.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by grimreaper797]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

I love it when funny and awesome come together as one. I say we give the OP until Tuesday. 24-48 Business hours.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I read that letter/petition that this guy wrote over the phone to my Dad. My Dad is an economic/financial/accounting guru who doesn't read the internet conspiracy stuff (hence, very unbiased). He says this whole off-balance sheet "legalized fraud" thing that this guy is talking about is indeed for real. My dad started into all this financial-lingo to explain it to me, of which only 10% I retained... but the jist of it is he agrees with this guy's assessment of what's causing the bulk of the financial mess out there. Now whether or not it leads to armeggedon, that he couldn't speculate.

reply to post by Relentless

[edit on 10-10-2008 by themamayada]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by grimreaper797

I love it when funny and awesome come together as one. I say we give the OP until Tuesday. 24-48 Business hours.

Hell I will give him to the end of next week, but what he is predicting isnt going to happen so he might as well stop posting on this forum now.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Fort Bragg is 96.8 miles SE of High Point, but wait, what's this to the West? Seymour Johnson AFB? What? Another military base? Oh look! And if they tried to go in a straight line from Bragg to Seymour, they'd have to go right past Charlotte, which is a good sized airport, and have to wait for air traffic, instead of making a slight dogleg and not having to cross Class B airspace. What? That takes them right over High Point? What a coincidence! [/sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
Another ..doomsday thread.

Well hopefully...all of this is wrong and we can live another day. The thing is, is that ...there is no credible source here. We cannot fall down just at the notice of one statement, be calm, research, and always be prepared.

Hey I was sort of right...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by themamayada
My Dad is an economic/financial/accounting guru who doesn't read the internet conspiracy stuff (hence, very unbiased).

Everyone is biased whether they like it or not. Even your Dad as I am sure he will agree.
If you post here and say something like this, you cast doubt on your own judgment to even be here or this truly is just a "fun" site to be on.
Whatever the case, being "in" on the conspiracy "stuff" means nothing more than collecting information from another source and it's your job to understand what is real or not.
Choosing to listen to more voices in the crowd still leaves the final decision to be biased or un-biased as your burden.

That being said, the OP and the "un-biased" father agree on a fundamental flaw. Who REALLY knows what the TOTAL size of the explosion is going to be. Is it going to be a handheld size explosion or is it going to be the mother of explosions..

And for that matter, WHEN.

I'm taking all the info provided and taking precautions, but at the same time, hoping and promoting the best.

best of luck to everyone

b

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Bloomberg

The global financial crisis is turning into a bigger drain on the U.S. federal budget than experts estimated two weeks ago, ballooning the deficit toward $2 trillion.

The 2009 budget deficit could be close to $2 trillion, or 12.5 percent of gross domestic product, more than twice the record of 6 percent set in 1983, according to David Greenlaw, Morgan Stanley's chief economist.

Treasuries have fallen the past four days even as stocks sank, a sign investors are preparing for bigger U.S. government borrowing. Benchmark 10-year note yields rose to 3.82 percent at 7:49 a.m. in New York, from a close of 3.45 percent Oct. 6.

Payments the government allocated to keep vital companies solvent are beginning to look insufficient.

The additional borrowing could push the national debt well past 70 percent of GDP, the highest since the immediate aftermath of World War II, when the U.S. was still paying off war debt.

Bits and pieces from a long, informative article on Bloomberg. It's a good read. Everyone should have a glance.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
All I have to say on this is:

"Got Gold" - "Got Dry-Canned Food" - "Got Water Purifiers" - "Got Seeds"

Because other than that - nothing else matters

Well, there is one more thing - "Got guns" 'cause your gonna need them to keep the above four items.

Its been coming for a while and we all knew it - Afghanistan/Iraq took us right into bankruptsy just as planned.

Head to the hills and get a few extra cans of gas for sure.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by arizonascott]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Well its officially the weekend. The market has not crashed.

The news of this weekend with Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, and the G7, will determine next weeks Dow future. I believe that the FSME rang a false alarm on us here.

I think you are being unreasonable with the FSME on this one. You make it sound a deliberate intention. As for the video - THAT'S A CHEAP SHOT BY A CHEAP SHOT!!!

She encouraged and rewarded for independent research from members early on that sought what was going on. She further placed her trust in another individual to produce the goods. Thus, the FSME placed herself in an impossible position by offering resignation on the basis of what someone else were to do - would you have done that because I would have not? That was a simple matter of trust, something ATS members do not place in each other too often.

The timescale provided by the third party was 24 - 48 hours in order for the message to get out - Monday & Tuesday are earmarked Globally as a major benchmark in where this crisis unfolds. We shall see then.

The G7 have just finished meeting with an assurance that they have an aggressive plan to tackle the growing concerns over the economy - well, I am no expert, but it is a little late for solutions to a problem that was initially purported by Ron Paul in the summer. No one listened then and no one listens now. At least the FSME attempted to be part of the solution (acting) rather than be part of the problem, (talking). We are not out of the woods yet, and yes, this is a global problem with the words crisis, meltdown, critical, disaster, abyss etc being mentioned on Sky News and CNN throughout the day. Today was no ordinary - how can anyone false alarm that?

Whilst the FSME could have held back a little, given the circumstances, there was no way that anyone could have predicted what was going to happen. Even the experts stated that.

Lets afford some time please before we make judgments, eh?

And unless you are an investigative reporter out to uncover and disclose, less of the cheap shots bubba!!

Breifne

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think Monday the elites are going to demand a one world financial system switching off of the dollar. Russia stopped trading indefinitely so what does that tell you? Russia could bomb D.C. and N.Y. and get all these thugs in one shot this weekend. Russia lost so much money thanks to these guys.

www.bloomberg.com...

I wont put anything past Putin because he must be livid after his mighty Russia lost so much on the world stage. The Magog alliance is forming and soon they will come for their money. Chinas relentless cyber attacks on the U.S. and now the World bank only prove it. We are already in a de-facto state of war on the net and Russia will talk China into backing them with the use of Russian ships and commercial cargo planes.

Our troops in the Mid-east are in grave danger and I hope they do have tactical nukes with them to cover a sneak attack.

We live in ugly times and as a great wise man once told me,"Your generation will see the worst that man has to offer" His prophecy is coming true. He was a man of God that never said anything like that before, It was the last time that I saw him not knowing it would be the last. That man was my grandfather.

The time is drawing near people. Get right with the lord on a personal level, You don't need the church. Just love him as he loves YOU!! Do not take the mark of the beast. If you see anyone from Share International come on TV shut it off and never turn it back on, Go sell it to someone for food money.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The media continues down its war path to make people believe the great depression is right around the corner, and ATS members are embracing ignorance and believing them.

Modern journalists didn’t view the economy or stock market in the same light as their predecessors. They invoked the history of the market with little understanding of how journalism had covered it. Journalists compared current economic circumstances to the Great Depression more than 40 times in the first four months of 2008 and had made similar comparisons in 2006 and 2007.

As economist Gary L. Wolfram explained, “These numbers are so far afield from what we are experiencing today that it is difficult to comprehend their magnitude.” Wolfram, a Business & Media Institute adviser and the George Munson Professor of political economy at Hillsdale College, explained that the Great Depression had a sweeping impact and wasn’t just a U.S. event. “The Great Depression was a period of decline that involved not just the economy of the United States but that of the entire world. The economy began to falter in 1929. When it hit bottom in 1933, world production had fallen by one-half, with the United States economy declining by 29 percent.

Source: The Great Media Depression - News reports depict economy far worse now than during the 1929 stock market crash.
www.businessandmedia.org...

That is not 29% in the stock market, folks, because the stock market IS NOT A GOOD MEASURE OF THE ECONOMY. That is GDP, which was up 1.9% during the second quarter and even the most pessimistic economists aren't sure if the 3rd quarter is going to have negative growth.

I know no one is going to listen to me, but I really wish people would deny ignorance and stop following the media propaganda on this. Its not about the facts anymore, its that people want to believe the great depression is here and will deny any and all facts to that end.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

i mean come on,realistically if the US goes down, good luck showing me one country that is self sustaining enought to ride the coming storm that would ensue.....I cant think of one, save perhaps Isreal

Israel would fall too, they wouldnt be able to feed themselves.

2 nations that are fairly well off , in the event the world economy collapses

Cuba and North Korea - they are already used to living without crap

to them, it will be the same ol same ol , if the world's economy collapses

lol kinda ironic when u think about it

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

You are right insofar as the tabloid media tend to sensationalize events wherever possible. However in my experience the serious MSM has for months been underplaying the magnitude of the underlying economic and financial turmoil.

The few journalistic attempts I have seen that take matters extremely seriously have been level-headed, providing rational arguments for a comparison with events surrounding the Great Depression. Here is one such article I posted yesterday, for example:

Parallels with 1929

Far from being swept along in a tide of hysteria, many on this board have been researching and analyzing aspects of the economy that have undoubtably been suppressed in the MSM, and reached their own conclusions about where things are heading. The result: much of what has recently been coming across on TV & radio as 'previously unforseeable' is frankly old hat to many in here. Some have even been basing financial decisions on what they have learned, and managed to prepare for the events now unfolding before us.

[edit on 10/10/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

You need to go out in the real world and see how bad business is for everyone. Many companies are maxed out on credit and about to go under. Layoffs are happening all over in a huge way. I was forced to take a 50% pay cut Monday and I am the manager. The other guy that worked under me was laid off. It had to be done or we would have had to shut the doors for the first time ever.

It is going to take us years to recover what has been lost already if we survive.

Business has never been this bad. It has sucked for two years straight with this ridiculous inflation that they are not telling the truth about. I know because we have been in business since 1976 and we checked the books. All other places like ours is in the same boat. Business has been pretty crappy since 9/11 but the last year has been an utter disaster.

We have an online store as well and we have had no sales in two straight weeks.

Everyone who has their own business that walks into mine has said the same thing. The economy is horrible and we can not take much more, We may have massive failures next week but then again the media will never tell us the truth if the government wants to hide the fact.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

www.breitbart.com...

No they are dying now. They depend on hand outs that will not come.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
God this is horrible....

I have a bad feeling about this coming Tuesday. I mean I had a bad feeling about today, which was certainly founded, but it ended up working out.

I think we all know there is something major coming down the road, and man I really don't want to know what it is, but it's coming anyways.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I ran a business for 20 years and never used credit. I always paid cash. I never got buried in debt. I had approximately 100 employees during that time. If the country has to go off credit, it will be harder for the banks than for the businesses, unless the businesses were already in financial debt that they could not pay.

The stronger part of the economy, those of us with money in the bank and pay off our debts, will be the underpinnings of the future economy.

I never understood why the credit card companies were so quick to give cards to the college students. In the old days, you had to have a job and be about 25 years old to be worthy of a card, and even then you were lucky to get a Diners Club card.

Welcome to my world. Pay your debts. Make a living honestly.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have wondered for a while why we have pumped billions into the missle defence system and placed parts of the system throughout the world. The missle defence system is to protect attacks from countries that have ICBM's.

China, Russia have them and we are not on thier good list. This could be the only postitive legacy that Bush has spearheaded, to defend our nation. If they (china) want our money and we wont give it up they will step it up a level to get it.

100 years ago if I told you that there would be a war that would kill 65 million people you would have said I was crazy then WWII happened....

[edit on 10-10-2008 by LookingAround]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Exactly my point. Even the experts said we can't know what to expect. Why put yourself out on a limb, based on somebody elses prediction, when most experts are saying "we can't really know for certain where it is headed in the immediate future."?

Now as for the issue at hand, its not too late for solutions. People are listening now. As I expected, people listen when the problem starts to get in their way.

If you crunch the numbers, quite a few stocks are being oversold, or undervalued.

JPmorgan I believe is still undervalued. People aren't looking at fundamentals when dealing with this stock. Anything under 37 dollars, IMO, is a no brainer buy.

Bank Of America has been oversold. Goldman Sachs MAY have been oversold, based on speculation. If you crunch the numbers, unless Moody goes through and downgrades GS, there is no reason for their undervalued stock.

I would say one to watch is MS. If the deal with Mitsubishi goes through, their stock will be significantly undervalued and oversold. That would become a big buyer opportunity. Just the same, if the deal FAILS, then I would not touch MS because they are going to be under very hard times.

I'm only talking about banks right here because that is the big issue. The financials are being watched closely and I want to make it clear that quite a few of them ARE being oversold right now. That is one major reason I believe we are VERY close to the bottom.

Many of these stocks ARE undervalued and oversold, and soon the people who are willing to make the first move, and make a great deal of money, will step in. They will buy the stocks at a great price and within the next couple years, they will reap the benefits.

You need to factor a mix of different factors when determining the value of a stock. Unless you spent the entire day crunching the numbers to every stock in the Dow, you probably wouldn't be able to predict very well how much it will go up or down. Even then, you have to take speculation into account.

IMO, today was a great day to invest when the market started to come back up after the initial drop. Whoever did invest, props to you for making the very smart choice. Many stocks were definately oversold and great buys were made today by certain people.

The only way I could see the scenario this article speaks of, is some sort of terrorist attack like another 9/11, a comtemplation of bad news from G7 and Morgan Stanley, or something completely unexpected which is pretty unlikely.

Morgan Stanley isn't going to go under on Monday or Tuesday even if the Mitsubishi deal were to fail (unlikely). G7 might not come up with anything, and that will leave the market negative. Not world ending negative though.

This crisis is, in reality, already avoided. Everyone is a step behind right now. The only thing worse than being a person who waited till today to sell your stock, is to be standing around 6 months from now going "what was I thinking selling my stock?" (unless it was a company like Morgan Stanley who had some relatively negative news in their stack of cards today. in that case, you may have made the right choice getting away from there questionable stock.)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join