It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10/9/08 - FSME Denninger Special Report - IT'S HERE!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If you haven't figured it out yet THIS IS BAD!!!! How much worse can it get?

There is a dire warning posted on the FedUpUSA portion of the Ticker Forum tonight.

URGENT

In a short time (perhaps as much as a couple hours) there is going to be a document posted regarding the situation we now face. We literally have 24-48 hours before complete Armeggedon world-wide. The stock market sell-off today was more than just 'confidence being lost'. Our credit markets are now completely seized up. As in stick a fork in 'em. This means every single company, pretty much anywhere on the planet, that relies upon funding its debt in the credit markets, will cease to exist. As in *POOF*. This means all commerce will stop. Completely. I'm pretty sure I don't have to elaborate on what comes after that.

There will be a document posted sometime tonight that

This will, quite possibly, be the last thing you can do try to do to save your country.

We are waiting for it now. As for today's Ticker, here is what Karl has said so far:

What the Media Didn't Cover

That rabbit hole is how we got the 1930s, and it is the danger we now face. Congress was in fact conned by Treasury, George W. Bush and the banking industry (including Ben Bernanke), who instead of forcing the malefactors into the open and exposing those who were bankrupt (or just plain corrupt - notice the common stem on both words?) threw them a line - unfortunately, the line is cleated to the entire economy of the United States, and they have enough negative buoyancy to drag us all under the waves

Read the Ticker to get a full explanation, there is too much info in there for me to post anything but the conclusion.

YOUR FSME IS NOW OFFICIALLY CALLING ECONOMIC MELTDOWN!

I don't know what else to say.

Posted with full permissions of tickerforum.org

[edit on 10/9/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I need additional information before I can join the panic train.

What document? Who is writing it and who is beind it being released?

I'm not familiar with that site so I have no idea how credible their information is - can you give any additional information that might help clue me in about this big situation that will be the end of the world as we know it??

Jemison

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ummmm.....did you see the markets the past 10 days?

Let me just say this, I am totally risking MY reputation even posting this, and I know it. But this guy is always right, I can't even say he predicted the mess we are in now, because it wasn't predictions, it was logical explanations. Go to his tickers in the past few weeks and read any of them. If I am wrong sharing this I WILL RESIGN as FSME of this forum - I am that serious!

I am staking MY reputation on this guy. If you haven't been keeping up it's too late for me to convince you who this guy is. You have to look at his work yourself.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What does armageddon really mean in this case? 50% unemployment? more? We have enough cash in the system to carry on some form of commerce and barring that we can issue credit within our communities. Food could be a small problem. I better go shopping tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Really? Is that cash in your hand now? I hope so. Not that it's worth anything.)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

Sucks for me if true. I'm a mortgage broker with 3 transactions to close next week. Guess i better sell my TV. I did however have a $283,500 loan fund for a client today. So not frozen yet, If your right this will really suck for my ego, pride and parents. Daddy can you spare a dime?

If it means anything got an e-mail from CITI today and they will no longer be accepting wholesale lending/loan business.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

CITI???? Well, if that doesn't rattle you, I don't know what will. (Okay BAC/BOA news will be the final straw)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Really? Is that cash in your hand now? I hope so. Not that it's worth anything.)

I had questions in that post or am I reading from the wrong script in this thread? It sounds dire but I am not biblically inclined. I don't believe in the apocylapse which is why I asked what was meant.

No I am freaking short money and food and it's going to #ing suck for me. However our community is strong and rural and actually lots of smart make it workers. I'm even quite low on firewood. Screwed.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I disagree with alot of your posts, but agree here. My question.....Whats left in fort knox. We have nothing but a printer for money and we are hopeing no one finds out before we can get enough gold.

I love this site as an anti-conspiracy guy but really feel all our money is electronic numbers only and we may be being called out.

DONT OPEN THE VAULT!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Question

If your source is indeed correct, and i cant say for sure wether or not it is, as i dont know anything about him or his credability. But say for arguments sake he is correct. What kind of backlash am I looking at here in Canada?

Are you tlaking about just a US total lockdown or a worldwide total lockdown, as in should i take my savings out now? Tomorrow? if he's right and i go two days from now will my funds be locked? or just disapear into the night like a virgin prom date?

PS what does FSME stand for anyway?

[edit on 10/9/0808 by Trayen11]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Sorry if I came off a tad testy, I am seriously freaked - this is not a wild prediction guy/site. He is a serious economic genius and does not even allow anything hinting at "tin-foil" on his board. Does that help?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sorry for crossposting, but I posted this in another thread and I think it fits here as well.

The mistake far too many people are making is looking at the Great Depression and comparing it exactly to today's world.

Yeah, the banks failed back in the 30s and that was a huge part of the problem. Yeah, no FDIC insurance back in the 30s, so people lost their savings.

We're experiencing some similarities today, but not only are they on a different scale, but there are issues today that didn't exist 85 years ago.

Here's the breakdown. Credit markets are frozen. Banks aren't lending to each other, and if they are it's at extremely high rates.
Banks are very quickly beginning to stop loans to commercial entities. Short term loans, the type of "credit" today's business model relies on. Do you think Target pays with a wad of cash when their stores get a shipment of Halloween goods? Do you think your local grocery hands over a stack of $100s when their bread shipment comes in?
These purchases are made on CREDIT. They get an invoice, and they pay it back in a week or a month or three months. Nearly every business operates in this manner. My restaurant does. Your local JC Penney's does. The corner gas station does. A short term line of credit is extended from vendor to buyer, the buyer has a short term line of credit from the bank to pay the vendor, the buyer pays the bank back when its inventory has sold.

THOSE LINES OF CREDIT ARE DISAPPEARING FAST.
Everything the government is doing is to "open up" the credit markets. We've all heard that on the news. The bailout is to open up the credit markets. The rate cut is to open up the credit markets. The injection of hundreds of billions of dollars is to open up the credit markets.
They're not opening up! The LIBOR has shot up to the highest point of the year, the TED spread has shot up to an all time record. It's not working. The banks do not trust each other because no one knows how much exposure banks have to not just toxic debt, but to the Credit Default Swap market. Dumping over a trillion dollars into toxic debt is NOT going to restore trust. It will not work that way.

Until the exposure to the CDS market is sorted out, we're stuck. Banks will fall. Until the banks fall, we will have NO WAY TO KNOW how much crap they have under their belts. Until we go through this domino cascade of banks falling and CDS contracts coming due, we're STUCK.

Why do you think the gov't wants to make loans to private companies? It's because the banks won't do it! And that puts us into a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If the gov't doesn't make those loans available, you are going to see food shortages, gas shortages, clothing shortages, shortages of everything sold retail. Restaurants will close. Big retailers will go bankrupt. If the gov't does make the loans, we'll see the big stores stay open - but as people continue to reign in their spending, less will be sold. And people ARE reigning in, and they WILL CONTINUE to do so because banks are still pulling back on the credit market. Credit cards are becoming more difficult to get, limits are being lowered, and it's going to get worse. People will have to live within their means for once, and that means less spending.
The less spending, the more layoffs. The more layoffs, the less spending. It will continue down that path until the economy rights itself again.

We are headed into new territory here, and comparing the current situation to the Great Depression is short sighted and the complete opposite of correct.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

Worldwide. This is not, nor has it ever been, solely a US issue.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Don't read to much into CITI, i said wholesale. Means they no longer want me to lend their money but they will still lend it. I agree with BOA but i am really watching Wells Fargo. They have been the most conservative lender in this industry IMO (speaking as a broker) for a long time. They did subprime loans for about a year while everyone else was in for several.

BOA is still IMO doing crazy stuff. I'll see if i can upload some of there recent e-mails. I get them daily.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Read the two links for more info - it's not just the US (this is after all the Global Meltdown forum
)

There have been foreign markets frozen, banks nationalized and Iceland's currency failed yesterday. It's been all over the news (but unfortunately I have a day job).

FSME is Forum Subject Matter Expert. There is one for each Forum. I am the one you are stuck with here

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

You know the other thread that you were insisting that people should not post on has more replies than this one.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Really? Are you sure?

Tell that to my RRSP's that have droppped 17% over the last month, not only that but Canada's economy is to intermingled with the states, if you guys fail we are screwed.....Remember 80% of Canadian export buissness goes to the States....you are our biggest trading partner, and we are yours...personally i feel a total US breakdown and collapse will do nothing short of cripple our and we will be right behind you.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Fabulous cross posting! Thanks for adding more perspective.

We are in a different world now than we were in the GD, and I honestly think it could even be worse. They didn't rely on credit back then, and now nothing financial survives without it.

We are in uncharted territory.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What does this means? Does it means that we need to go to the bank and get all our money out? Or is this just for the investor?

Sorry...but I don't quite get this
What do we do?!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm sure. The signs are all there. If the credit markets stay frozen, no one will be able to buy anything to import from Canada. Canada will not be able to import anything from the US.

All the markets are intermingled across the world. It's a global economy; that's why we're seeing markets fall in every country that has a stock market. It's all tied together. Sometimes it's not direct country-to-country, but if say Russia does a lot of business with China, and China does a lot of business with the US, then a breakdown anywhere along the line leads to a breakdown of the entire line.

Unless the credit markets get moving again, the entire world is Foxtrotted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join