It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

County Commissioner hires VooDoo Priestess (then pays with bad checks)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

County Commissioner hires VooDoo Priestess (and pays with bad checks)

www.ajc.com

The Blythewood, S.C., “priestess” said she was approached in late August by Cobb County Commissioner Annette Kesting. Kesting was seeking otherworldly help, Mills said, against Democrat Woody Thompson, who defeated Kesting in the primary runoff vote for the District 4 seat representing southwest Cobb.

Mills has accused Kesting, a first-term commissioner, of writing $3,000 in bounced checks for her services. Kesting on Tuesday denied ever meeting Mills. Instead of performing a ritual for Thompson, Mills said she sacrificed a chicken and three roosters to provide protection for Kesting and her son, who Kesting said was adrift. In return for her services, she says Kesting wrote two checks totaling $3,000, which were returned for insufficient funds. Kesting then sent two $1,000 money orders in payment. Mills produced a copy of a MoneyGram receipt, dated Aug. 28. The receipt, faxed to the AJC, listed Kesting’s husband, Christian, as the sender.

“I kept a paper trail of everything,” Mills said. “I don’t think this would have ever come out if I had been paid.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wsbtv.com
www.wjbf.com

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Truly truth is stranger than fiction. Hiring a VooDoo priestess to curse the man who beat her in the election was bad enough, but writing bad checks just puts it over the top!

I would think writing bad checks to an individual that you believe has the power to cause cancer or a fatal car accident would not be a good idea.

But the truly scary part is that I bet if this woman runs for office again she still gets a sizeable percentage of the vote!

www.ajc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well maybe he was just using voodoo economics to pay for the voodoo.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Atlanta and the surrounding counties have had A LOT of weird, corrupt and stupid stuff happen within government!
You have to wonder what are these people thinking.
Not paying the police department workers, and others. 'Mis-spending'!
Shutting down the government agencies in a tantrum.????

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Paid her with bad checks?

Boy, talk about bad mojo...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well at least the ex-commissioner had a good cover story to prove she is innocent. Her car won't drive that far!

“I have no idea who Ms. Mills is,” Kesting said. “My car won’t let me get to South Carolina. I know nobody in South Carolina.”

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
May be this also be addressed in the bail out funds.

I had to check to make sure this was not done in my county as it sounded like something that would happen here.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You don't mess with Marie Laveau!
Bad Mojo! Bad JUJU!
And you sure don't pay with bad checks!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
You don't mess with Marie Laveau!
Bad Mojo! Bad JUJU!
And you sure don't pay with bad checks!

Though on the upside, this is some darn good free advertising for Ms. Mills.

I hope she has a website so people can get a hold of her. I see her practice getting busier!

And based on her response to this whole fiasco (and her refusing to curse the guy with cancer, but instead using her powers to "show him for what he is") she sounds like a very devout and sincere believer.

new topics

top topics

join