It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Reversals & Evolutionary Leaps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

32, 40...
What's a few million years between friends?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
First off I want to apologize for the slow link. We looked into it, and discovered that the fiberoptic installation going on casused temporary line noise casuing all kinds of delays. Hopefully we have that fixed.

I'll see if I can talk Bob into defending his own theory here, as it would be more cogent than I can represent.

I do know there is plenty of peer reviewed scientist that are questioning the lenght of time it would take for a magnetic reversal, and many factors which in recording them geologically. A great visual, and solid science being done on what happens to the magnetic shield is found at Gary Glatzmaier websites, as he is the leading computer modeler of the geomagnetic core and its impact. He is one voice among many that thinks the swap can occur very fast.
Gary Glatzmaier personal web page
The chaotic model has been published in many journels
Field model
And his theory is that the field may not actually collaspe but fails in spots as it shifts allowing a hugh influx of cosmic radiation to sweep segments of the planet like the imagery of an aurora borealis does.

If it does takes thousands of years to complete a swap and settle back down, the obvious ramifications on organic life would not be subtle.

Maurice Cotterell also has a similar theory behind mutations, but more focused on Gamma Ray bursts from solar flares which can penetrate our intack magnetic shield and atmosphere. He's not alone either in his theory.

I put a link to the animation here: Reversal Animation

[edit on 13-10-2008 by GriffinRD]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
There is a theory the consciousness is related to the electromagnetic field of Earth and that when it shifts human consciousness will do the same... Something like we will loose all our memories and entier an entirely new state of being.

I very wild and out there concept, but interesting and imaginative none the less.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join