It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being re-absorbed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
let me first start by stating that I chose to place this topic within this forum because its the subject I tend to concentrate on the most. Yes I like looking for info on UFOs, secret societies and the like but I feel all of these subjects have a sort of conspiracy to them.

I just have a simple question that I'd like to ask. Is it possible to be re-absorbed into the general public and completely let go of everything you may or may not have learned through research? Let me be a bit more specific...

Is there a way to induce a sort of self mind-control that would help you to accept the life of a "normal sleeping American" once you've already uncovered what you believe to be more truth than you can handle.

The reason I ask this is because for as long as I can remember, I've been very skeptical of our (the general population's) way of life. In school I could never accept certain things. I felt as though I was being shaped by the administration as opposed to being taught to think for myself. If told to go left, I'd go right if only to see what was that way. I like to think of that as my natural curiosity. Over time (especially after high school) I began to look deeper into things I didn't quite understand. I forced myself to understand these subjects and learn more about them. I would research things I would have never known had it not been for a little text I read on a board somewhere. I've finally decided that I don't like what I'm finding out and though it goes against the "catch phrase" of this site, I'm looking for a way to welcome ignorance. I'd like to go back to just being curious about my surroundings and not be all excited to research some "hot new info".

I don't see my quest coming to a finish however. I've already tried to brainwash myself into Christianity due to my fear of "what if". Eventually I decided it wasn't worth the energy. All signs pointed to NO. It feels the same here. I want to believe that my country is still in existence, but all signs are pointing to NO. This just causes me to want to learn more about why the signs point to NO.

Some days I just feel like dropping everything and becoming a hermit of sorts. Then I realize that no matter where I go, I'll still know what I know (or think I know). So, I ask again:

Is it possible to be re-absorbed into the general public and completely let go of everything you may or may not have learned through research?

Also, has anyone else ever wished they never opened this huge can of worms?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
May I ask what it is you have decided that you know that you are uncomfortable with? Sometimes the reason we are uncomfortable is because we have only learned a partial - and often, uncomfortable - truth.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
No, there is no going back. Well, not counting major brain trauma, but nobody wants that. My question to you is why do you truly want this? Have you been spending too much time on here?

Simply ease off the ATS and paranormal books if it's scaring you, spend some time with your friends and family and enjoy their company. Many of the things you think are horrific underhand tactics.. i don't know, shadow government and alien conspiracies etc will seem silly once you spend some time away from them.

After your time away, return back, look and what you've learned previously and re-evaluate it. Perhaps you'll decide that some of it is false, perhaps some of it is true. What matters is that you'll have a fresh angle on it, and it shouldn't be worrying you so much.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
you're being like cipher right now, that steak may taste really good but theres no going back. you need to take the path of neo and help destroy the system son. the more people that are aware of all the bullshiit that's going on, the less controlling it is. coming together globally as a consciousness is very important.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Well
you're being like cipher right now, that steak may taste really good but theres no going back. you need to take the path of neo and help destroy the system son. the more people that are aware of all the bullshiit that's going on, the less controlling it is. coming together globally as a consciousness is very important.

I was going to make this same point myself. Once you learn the truth, there is no 'unlearning'. You can't go back, you can only go forward. The question is will you help the revolution or simply stand by and watch it happen?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
^^^^ tinker bell is so hot

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
it would be really nice if that mind eraser thing from the men in black movies was real...

but i think if it was i would still not want to go back.
think of it this way.. yea these things may be occupying your mind a lot and yea there might not be a person u can talk to in person about these topics (unfortunately true for me... rats!)

but we live in such interesting times... would you rather watch the news everyday as they take your hand and guide you through a pack of lies.

or would you rather know more about the situations. look into them yourselves. even if there is nothing you can do about it.. u can still watch these wordly events unravel. take it all in. and learn more about the ones you can trust.

just a thought. if i didn't research... i will feel like i had basically lived for nothing. and since i do.. even though there is nothing i can do.. i somehow feel involved.

dont stress. you know too much. the stories are sometimes scary and make u paranoid. BUT i will compare my feelings to an old saying.

it is better to have loved and lost.
then to have never loved at all.

just replace that with CARED. because thats all we are. people who give a damn.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
As a couple of posters have already stated, you can't unlearn what you have learned. You've swallowed the Red Pill and there's no going back!
But what you can do is take what you know and work to make society better. Make society a place where it's not "little boxes, little houses, all in a row."
When you see a theif, especially a corporate theif, call him/her out!
When you see a crooked politician(all of them) call him/her out, publicly, then either run or campaign against them.
That's the problem with being awake. As soon as you know the truth, you develop insomina.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

You nailed it right there.

Insomnia. You know the answers, how to fix and then suddenly you know how deep it goes and how many factions know as well as how little "they" will budge without a PUSH.

Just go to be careful how we express our anger in public forums. If the time comes to "defend" ourselves, we will know when that is and what to PERSONALLY do. Won't be too hard to find like minded people at that moment either.

You can never go back to sleep again. No drug to undo it. The desire to undo it means you know what you may ultimately have to do in your personal perilous situation, which normally conflicts with your former programmed mind.

Just let go and let the truth infect you. You will be almighty to yourself.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
A lot of insight here. Thank you.

To answer your question Mlowsley, its not just one thing in particular, its more the fact that no matter how deep you try and dig to find the truth of anything it only seems to get deeper.

I got a laugh out of the matrix comments
I do realize its a weird thought or idea but its how I honestly feel. I would much rather go back to not knowing anything and just be part of the every-day sheeple. Don't get me wrong. I have tons of "fight" in me and usually I'd be willing to do so. Here's the big what-if that made me decide I just want to forget it all. What if everyone does wake up, and we fight, and a revolution happens that betters humanity as a whole, and it ends up being that the revolution was just another part of the plan. It could be an endless struggle with no real final purpose. Again the truth burrows itself deeper.

Now, I get out a lot and I'm by no means a forum junkie, but when I find something that interests me I will research for hours on end and continue the work the next day if required. I find that most of the time when I do this I end up at no real conclusion. No matter how awakened I want to think I am, I still find out just how much more there is in front of me to be truly awakened.

Anyhow, I just thought it was worthwhile to ask and see what other members thought of this idea. No matter what, I know I'll just continue doing what I do and when the time comes for action I will be ready to fight for what I feel is right.

One may argue that the time for action is right now.

top topics

join