It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush sets up transition team to help next president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Bush sets up transition team to help next president

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush on Thursday established a transition team to help the new president elected in November and his administration as they prepare to enter the White House.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Bush setting up his own transition team to help ease the transition with the current financial crisis for the new president.

Of course this raises a lot of questions. Is it really a transition team or is it a team that is supposed to influence the new president? And what are the "rules" for this transition team. How much power will they have?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don't like Bush as much as the next guy (well....maybe a little bit more), but I really see nothing suspicious about this. The transition from one president's administration to another in the White House takes time, and this is probably a good idea on Bush's part considering the economic and diplomatic climate of the world.

Then again, this could be some sort of conspiratorial power grab plot of some sort. I'm completely open to that possibility....you can't put anything behind this administration

[edit on 10/9/2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Smoke and mirrors. "I was about to hand over the keys but...no one understands the threats we face." Just watch.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
yeah that's exactly my point. It could be a totally harmfull friendly gesture or there could be more to it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ahhhhh!!!

So that's why the military is on US SOIL doing patrols! They are the transition team hahaha.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Much as I dislike Bush, I think this is one of the more responsible things that he's done. Back during the Depression:

A final thing that made the Great Depression such a catastrophe was that some of the worst shocks occurred right before the 1932 presidential election. There then followed an extended interregnum between the election and inauguration of the new president when no one was in charge.

The outgoing president, Hoover, asked his successor designate, Franklin Roosevelt, to cooperate with him on joint statements and policies, but FDR refused to do so. Meanwhile, the banking crisis deepened. Corporations failed.

www.cnn.com...

So maybe he's hoping to do what Hoover wanted to do.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Jadette]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Bush must've looked back in a history book or something, this is a brilliant choice, since we're on the brink of another depression the presidents should coordinate together to get us out, i think Former President Bill Clinton to work alongside the 2 as well (new president and former presidents transition team). I don't see any issue or something sinister about this move

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The next President, if everything goes smoothly and there is another president will appear to be an economic genius. It won't be hard to look good after this megacorrection/ DepRecession.

top topics

join