It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocks Stomped in Financial Freefall

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

are you looking at an individual stock index or the exchange as a whole?

Sorry for the one liner

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Looking at the dow. When it opened they were posting the wrong numbers in terms of change. Now I think the change number is right but the open is wrong.

I think they have the wrong opening number?

there it goes again WHAT THA?

Yahoo Dow

[edit on 10-10-2008 by 2 cents]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

But you know America the corrupted government we have will do anything even bankrupting the nation as they already has done to give the illusion of a better Market, after all is election year and the way things are Is not way in hell another Republican will win the white house right now.

Its all about politics the hell with the people.

We are in real trouble here in America and the media doesn't even show a fraction of what is going on at state level in the nation, now states are even struggling to fund its own bills.

Well more cheers now here in the US markets as the Dow is reaching positives now.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

CNBC shows charts for the major US markets. If you were looking at ^DJI that is an individual stock index. You will get very different numbers between the 2

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

What I'm saying is that yahoo DJI keeps posting the wrong change numbers because they have the open at 9261 instead of 8523 which is what its supposed to be.

edit: now the numbers are right again. I swear I'm not making this up the numbers keep massively changing because the keep posting change numbers that are based on the wrong opening number. now the numbers are right.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by 2 cents]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The bottom line is Yahoo has it all messed up.

This link you gave is not having the problems Yahoo is having right now.

data.cnbc.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

You're correct. I've noticed the same on google finance. Exactly the same behavior, so that leads me to believe that someone is playing around at the source of the data. NYSE.com had a few minutes of Dow completely still with 0 change, which got me thinking that they halted trade.

Seems someone was tweaking some numbers there. I wonder...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So the deceiver is talking, I mean the decider
Let's see how the dow takes him, I can not believe how the markets bets on people like Bushs words.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yahoo has fixed there mess now.

open 8,568.67
day's range 7888.48 - 8664.81

it went down 680 at open not 1300 as Yahoo was initially reporting.

it rebounded for a while now at -220 as I type.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yep I saw the same thing on yahoo finance. I got on to check it out after I heard the anouncment that they will not help AIG anymore.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
All I am saying is that desire is how progression is made. Desperation is how progress is destroyed. Collapse leads to desperation.

I don't disagree with you there; whatever the desire may be. The fact that collapse leads to desperation should be incentive to change the whole system -- not the markets themselves -- but the way in which we deal with monetary policy.

The problem is, we're so far entrenched in what we've been doing for 95 years that the transition (when it finally happens) will be really quite painful.

What depresses me is that I see no one in a position to do anything about it addressing the real problem. Go figure.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Just look at the volility index...just wow.

I knew today would be ugly, but man, this is completely unjustified selling going on. When the bottom does come, there will be some real deals for certain companies who will survive this.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This slow drawn out slide is killing us. It needs to bottom out so it can start climbing back. The Fed and Treasury is causing all of this by doing nothing with the money that they just got from us.

Just send all the money to us tax payers and don't worry about it Paulson

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Seriously folks, don't use Yahoo to track the daily market movements. Their delay is brutal and their system frequently hangs or misreports numbers. I use www.marketwatch.com it updates in real time and the only time I've ever seen it hang on me is when the market goes batcrap and too many people try to access it (and on the times that's happened, I've seen people on here saying Yahoo & CNN money are down as well)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Thanks for that link. Yahoo has screwed up several times over the past few weeks. Market Watch looks good.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So the deceiver is talking, I mean the decider
Let's see how the dow takes him, I can not believe how the markets bets on people like Bushs words.

Would someone ask him to please be quiet and go back to his room...
Seriously just seeing him makes me want to panic and sell!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
my analogy as to the progressive collapse of the stock market...

the psychology of the people and the confidence in the real value of the market is being re-set to the market valuations before all the credit swaps & junk paper took over the market & the economic System....

what we are seeing is very much like the "Un Install" function
one finds in their PC programs list.
The public & the traders, are subconsciously putting the real valuations of stocks at year 1999-2002 levels... they all know the inflated valuations are lies... just the same way the banks know that other banks balance sheets are lies--- And refusing to lend each other money.

The same thing is playing out in the stock market... we are collectively going to reset all wages and prices .....
then on to resetting valuations of houses, cars, oil, gas, bonuses, etc etc.

this bottom will be around 8,000 and should last for more than 1 year but not more than 3 years...

don't buy, don't sell everything in haste.... hold on for the duration of the long-long downturn...if you had growth stacks you should have been in dividend paying stocks.... because the era of the high-flyers has been routed out & cast aside

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Berlusconi Says Leaders May Close World's Markets

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said political leaders are discussing the idea of closing the world's financial markets while they ``rewrite the rules of international finance.''

www.bloomberg.com...

This is it! They are going to shut down the markets worldwide and rewrite the financial system to their needs.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Not Silvio. Oh, man. Anyone BUT him. That has to be the worst person on the planet to suggest such a move. Hm, ... except maybe Bush.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Interestingly , the Dow Jones picked up speed on the final moments, and ended with a minor loss compared to the last days. Given that there is no trading until next Tuesday, that was indeed good.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by jmlima]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join