It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are chain craters evidence of recent war in our solar system

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's a totally different subject, they don't look anything like crater chains, they look exactly what they are

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Oh by the way, is that water?

NO, you silly goose! It's some chemical process that scientists can imagine, but not actually prove. And it's lens flares, dust, and a host of other things- Dont you know Mars cannot have liquid Water?

Ok. I'm thru being a smart alec. :-D I have seen SO many pictures of ponds, lakes, puddles, mud, wet spots, gullies and everything else, I even doubt their claims that the atmosphere is barely breathable, and the temp is like -120 something or whatever. And the sky? People have proven (until NASA wised up and made the images uncorrectable) that the sky on Mars is BLUE- with just a hint of pinkish red around the horizon. De saturate the red out, and you have got the prettiest blue sky- makes you feel like you're in Arizona or somewhere. One of the BEST examples of this is that wide angle pic that those Chinese people saw the 'bigfoot' rock in. Right upper corner- and if you have a good photo editing program, have it correct the RGB- you get the right colors, and you'll see the pond. it has ripples, it's transparent UNDER the ripples, And there's even a little refraction/ reflection. It's bluish. Since the good Mars images, what mainstream science tells me, I usually snicker at. I am just not that stupid. I'll post the link to the readjusted pic if anyone wants a look- and BTW- I ONLY USED PHOTOSHOP'S AUTO IMAGE FIXERS. Nothing else.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

HAHAHA, THANKS, i WOULD LOVE THAT LINK!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Just a sec...
If chain craters are the results of a war what is the weapon?

It may sound like a silly question but think about it apart from the orientation each individual crater is consistant with the impact of a rock. Let me repeat that a rock, are we to believe that advanced civilisations would be shooting rocks or projectiles at all?

Seeing as a good measure of a civilisation is its weaponry I think its safe to assume the ET's have moved on from shooting 'slugs' at eachother, I have a feeling that their capacity for destruction would be much larger.

Also wouldn't their capacity for defence be larger too? Since these things fail to penetrate the moon any more deeply then craters we know are caused by rocks (non-chain craters) would they even penetrate the highly advanced shielding we assume ET's to be capable of?

This just dosen't add up to me.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Steve B

Well good point but if you threw a load of rocks at someone well, they all wouldn't land in a straight line would they? Just a thought!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Just looking at this I imagine that the comet/asteroid was traveling on a linear trajectory and broke-up relatively close to the surface. That's all it'd take.
The higher up the thing breaks apart, the greater the dispersion of the rock.

This one looks like it just broke up RIGHT before it hit the surface.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Ive never heard of this theory before, very interesting to say the least. If the moon is so damaged from all these chain craters and so is Mars, Mercury etc, then why is our 'precious' earth untouched but for a few of them which wouldnt be classified as these chain craters.

Interesting none the less.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bazil

Originally posted by Bazil
reply to post by Steve B

Well good point but if you threw a load of rocks at someone well, they all wouldn't land in a straight line would they? Just a thought!

Well that may be true but I can think of ways this process could occur naturally, semiunknown gave an excellent example. So for me the decision is between, a war whose combatants are ET's using weapons that don't make sense (with no evidence). Or some uncommon but natural process that makes sense (with indirect evidence). My preference is for the latter. Its a creative and interesting idea but i don't believe it to be true.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Well Sir, there is evidence here all over the place, I will try to post some links, there are evidence of ancient castles that where literally vitrified, that means the walls here exposed to tremendous heat that turned the rocks into glass!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
[url=httreply to post by Bazil

Here is a couple.
Vitrified castles
More of the same

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Bazil]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link