It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Libya begins payments for US terror victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

WASHINGTON - Libya has started making payments into a fund to compensate the families of American victims of Libyan-linked terror attacks in the 1980s, another step in the full normalization of long-strained ties between Washington and Tripoli, a senior U.S. official said Thursday.

Source:
news.yahoo.com...

I was barely out of high school when this had taken place , and there were a lot more terrorist incidences than just these particular one's a round the world at this time, but isn't it ironic that this should come about when the financial Global struggles are hitting their peak of disaster and possible collapse?
There is something going on with our governments over this financial crisis and where it ends up is any one's guess, but trying the fulfillment of a terrorist attack that has taken place so long ago and is currently and apparently resolved in these days? Sounds as if the US is trying to re-establish some other alternative oil reserve agenda?

Ive done a report on Moammar Gadhafi and his "Black-Ops" program thru tinwiki, and this is one that will be initiated to those findings.

The official would not quantify the amount of the payment or say whether it had been deposited by the Libyan government or private Libyan entities that have paid similar compensation in the past.

"Why can't they disclose the amount?" IS there someone lining their pockets, or is it a ploy to be able to except "Oil" instead of cash?

I was going to put this in the "Conspiracy" threads, but I have no just reason not to leave it in the "War on Terrorism" category.

If the MOD's find this misplaced, please alter the placement.

join