It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Forced Into 'Diminished Role' in Economic Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Bush Forced Into 'Diminished Role' in Economic Crisis

abcnews.go.com

Bush began edging toward the exit today by signing an executive order that starts the transition to a new administration. But even before the paperwork was signed, Bush's unease as his term winds down was strikingly on display earlier this week when he traveled to the Washington suburb of Chantilly, Va., to speak with small-business owners who sat on folding chairs in an office supply company to hear him explain what he was doing to restart the flow of credit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

====
Mod Edit: Title fixed to reflect original article
Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I don't know if I should feel bad for President Bush, or be mad
at President Bush. In the photo which accompanies this story,
he looks like he's close to crying out sheer dispair.

This whole economic mess spans the globe and has been in
the making for over a decade. Perhaps it's just something
that no one leader can control? A cyclical thing?
-cwm

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

====
Mod Edit: Title fixed to reflect original article

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
He is walking away alot richer than when he got there, so do the people hungry in america on the streets feel for him.

Why would you unless, he comes on this board and posts, lol

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Don't feel sorry for him. Trust me he and alot of his friends have walked away from this richer. I work for his home state of Texas. I have seen things come down in our program every since he stepped into the white house. Privatization, privatization, and then some more.
We have organizations in this state that are failing at a rapid rate and no legislators or anyone can do anything about it. We have his cronies from the white house (who were in his cabinet at one time) coming here to Texas to finalize the privatization plans. He knew what he was doing.
Maybe that is a bit of a concience coming through that you see on his face, because here in Texas, some of us don't believe he has one.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Why would you unless, he comes on this board and posts, lol

Well, perhaps like many of us, he spends too much time here and became somewhat derelict in his other duties.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Hmnnk, i would say he looks more like"i really dont need this" rather than close to tears - just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
I don't know if I should feel bad for President Bush, or be mad
at President Bush.

I think how I would feel if I had completely ruined the country I professed to love... His policies have seriously degraded our position in the world. We are in economic crisis. We are in 2 unnecessary wars without an exit strategy. Well, you all know the rest.

I am both mad and sad for this shell of a man. And I'm glad he's leaving (if he is).

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Diminsihed role? Hardly. Pesonally I don't think he could have possibly had a bigger role in this whole calamity. I mean seriously, what is there left to wreck? He's pretty much screwed us from stem-to-stern.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980
reply to post by carewemust

Hmnnk, i would say he looks more like"i really dont need this" rather than close to tears - just my opinion.

I'm in the Fianance/Insurance business. I see that look on some client's
faces when they are put in a tight financial spot. It's definitely a look of
sadness and dispair on the President's face. He's darn close to throwing
in the towel.

Bush will cheer up if the incursions into Pakistan deliver Osama Bin Laden
into our hands, dead or alive. In the past few days, he's been doing
exactly what Barack Obama said he would do if the President of Pakistan
didn't help us get Bin Laden. We're going after him ourselves.
-cwm

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This horrible caricature of a human is by no means done destroying lives,don't forget the consulting businesses these guys open to trade on their former positions as people who have the inside track on the our nations flaws and strategic weaknesses. I sure that's worth a bunch of money to certain interests ,It's been working really well for Bob Dole And Bush senior to name two

top topics

join