It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shift Is Finally Going Public

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Another thing, I don't "spat" on anyone's beliefs... Do I point out things about them? Yes. However, pieman, you are free to believe or practice anything that you wish. It is not my place to judge.

However, when I see something posted that is a million miles on the side of falsehood, you can bet I am going to call you or anyone else out on it. I am not the type to stand idly by when I see a misrepresentation.

God bless

[edit on 9-10-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
sorry, didn't mean to offend you speakeroftruth.

i, personally, think that the new age movements are almost always self serving, self gratifying, spiritual masturbation. i think it is consciousness retardation dressed up as awakening. i hate the way it claims to offer insight into the universe that is at best a misinterpreted and isolated element of 19th century spiritualism. in short, if satan spawned a belief system, i honestly believe it would be new-age.

Damn, that is soo true, my own experiences with these type of people lead me to believe that they are either rich, middle class spoilt people, who act as though the 60's is still alive and well, whilst dismissing the real problems of the world with some deep breathing and crystals.

Or they are the great unwashed, radicals who have never paid rent in their lives and believe that all government departments are the blight of the earth.... who believe they are holier than though because they have read a few pages of some abstract book.

No offence of course, but from my experiences, these people tend to put themselves first in their clicky groups, frowning at anyone who doesn't have dreadlocks or the like (whilst pretending to be all welcoming), whilst spouting off recycled crap like they're the very first people who have ever meditated or smoked a spliff, spending half their time dancing under dream catchers and banging bongo's like that will make any difference to the thousands of dying children across the third world and the other half telling you, you are a bad person because you choose to travel abroad by plane.

As I say i speak from bitter experience.... It was a high ranking 'kabalist' who ruined my life for a very short time, as everyone spoke of how 'wonderful' this woman was... She opened a temple of some sorts in Glastonbury in an attempt to bring the world together in her bizarre rehashed cross over of kabala and new age christianity, but immediately frowned when i suggested that we should place a miniature statue in their as a symbol of peace....

She later went on to drive a wedge between me and my fiance, as I was a 'rough old northerner' and was obviously not suited to go near my girlfriend who she had chosen as her apprentice (despite my girlfriend at the time coming from up north too).... Brainwashing my girlfriend into believing all working class people were stupid, whilst the middle class were some form of chosen elite (in spiritual terms at least)...

Being honest, my opinion may be based on bias..... But this whole love and peace movement of the new age is based on nothing but rehashed religion presented in a different form, and some form of pseudo-scientific nonsense... It's a feel good factor.

In my opinion actions speak louder than words.... if you wanna do some good then do it, but don't come to me and babble on about the love of angels and such when that person could be out there doing something... There is very little positivity in preaching....

Anyway, apologies for the rant..... I'm certainly not assuming everyone involved in new age stuff is necessarily like that, but just be warned.... the devil wears many disguises (and that's coming from an atheist)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

you don't want to pick daisies but you do want the last word? i have no issue with you disagreeing with me but don't tell me "we" need to agree to disagree.

you said christianity and islam are elitist. while some sects of christianity are elitist, christianity is in essence so non-elitist that to call it so inherently, is to spit on it. this is even more true of islam.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

and believe that all government departments are the blight of the earth....

Show me how that is in any way untrue.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

[christianity is in essence so non-elitist that to call it so inherently, is to spit on it. this is even more true of islam.

Islam is non-elitist? HAHAHA
You have got to be kidding me, fella. Anyone who is not Muslim is considered an "infidel" or "heretic."
Thanks for the laugh. You just made my day.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Anyway, about the show, I think it is indicative of the awakening that is currently taking place on earth. People are finally waking up to a simple fact. We ae all just people and we are all in this together.

Dualism is dying with those who have been proponents of it. There is a consciousness of unity beginning to emerge. Personally, I think that is a good thing.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Didn't know where to post this....but I just came acrossed it.

Kinda wierd...

www.weather.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by born²
Didn't know where to post this....but I just came acrossed it.

Kinda wierd...

www.weather.com...

All I see is a map of Milwaukee. ??

That video is great. I am waiting for detractors to claim that this is psy-ops to condition us to a New World one government/one people kind of thing.

I hope that is not what it is. Cuz it sounds uplifting to me, and I believe in a global consciousness.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

thanks for posting this thread and cant wait for the movie.
its good to see something of a collaborative effort go into something which MUST be brought up over and over and over again....

we need to have those figures in our face so we awaken out of our little worlds and be resposible for what is going on in this world.

YES!!!!! is all i can say and thanks once again fo the link

and to the knockers out there.... each to their own

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Islam is non-elitist? HAHAHA
You have got to be kidding me, fella. Anyone who is not Muslim is considered an "infidel" or "heretic."
Thanks for the laugh. You just made my day.

you should avoid using terms you don't understand, elitist suggests a group which excludes others or restricts membership to that group, islam encourages conversion to islam, therefore it is not elitist. in fact, conversion to islam is incredibly easy, it simply require you repeat statement of belief in islam three times. that's hardly restrictive, is it?

so, i've gotten an e-mail from these guys today, my heart is sinking, it does look strongly to me like some sort of new age peace and love pile of hokum.

there are so many red flags sticking out in the language that it's not even funny, for example

clips from top thought leaders, and information on unique ways YOU can participate in the greatest social transformation in human history!

or

The next one will feature Derrick Ashong (you know, the young, hip superstar in the trailer) giving some wonderful distinctions about how you can begin adding SHIFT meaning to your life in this fast-paced and ever changing world!

the bolding is mine.

okay, red flags don't mean it is a cult or anything, but it does make me nervous. derrick ashongs quite an interesting mention!!! how deeply is he involved in the movement?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

you should avoid using terms you don't understand, elitist suggests a group which excludes others or restricts membership to that group, islam encourages conversion to islam, therefore it is not elitist. in fact, conversion to islam is incredibly easy, it simply require you repeat statement of belief in islam three times. that's hardly restrictive, is it?

Well, elitism to me is the whole "I have the truth and you don't" mentality. It is the whole "I am entitled and you're not," thing. I suppose arrogance would be a better word for it, rather than elitism.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, elitism to me is the whole "I have the truth and you don't" mentality. It is the whole "I am entitled and you're not," thing. I suppose arrogance would be a better word for it, rather than elitism.

mostly the new age stuff requires payment, where the others don't, but otherwise they all profess to know the truth. they all present themselves as promoting the single way to enlightenment or redemption or whatever!!

if i might make a request, can you u2u me or start a thread if you want to continue this element of the conversation. i would do so but i hate to do it uninvited. it's just that i feel we would be derailing the thread if we continue in this manner.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

if i might make a request, can you u2u me or start a thread if you want to continue this element of the conversation. i would do so but i hate to do it uninvited. it's just that i feel we would be derailing the thread if we continue in this manner.

Yeah, pie, I was thinking the same. What we have delved into has absolutely nothing to do with the video.. Pieman, bud, I just hope you haven't taken too terrible of an offense to what I have said. I really don't mean to be offensive. If I have offended you in any way, I do apologise.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm not sure how this is a 'movement'. The video seems to have bundled hundreds of disparate single-issue groups world-wide together as though they were all part of the same thing.

I don't see this as anything new or representing some amazing shift in consciousness. There have always been groups calling for social change, even in the 19th Century where you had many people working to outlaw slavery, protect children's rights, forming trade unions, vegetarianism, spiritualism and the beginnings of the new age movement etc

How is the situation different today?

I notice this quote on the web site (my emphasis);

every dollar donated by YOU and YOUR FRIENDS will be matched dollar for dollar from the profits of the film (targeted for a 2009 release) and donated back to the individuals and organizations supporting this movement. You will be supporting the message and the movement….a double contribution!

They are asking people to donate money up front and they haven't even said what it is the 'movement' will do, other than some vague notion of promoting 'change'.

Call me cynical.

[edit on 30/10/2008 by MarrsAttax]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It looks like it will be an amazingly inspirational film..... however, i was a little put off when i signed up and was immediately faced with $$$$ signs....
That should set the internal alarm bells ringing i think, before jumping head first into all this..

[edit on 30-10-2008 by cosmicstorm]

<< 1   >>

join