It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shift Is Finally Going Public

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here is a breath of fresh air for all of you who will open your hearts. I felt a nice uplifting in watching this promo clip and can't wait to see the movie. Please lets have an appreciation for what it takes to bring this to the public community instead of labeling this as another tree hugging group gone wacked.

Hoping for the Best.

www.theshiftmovie.com...

[edit on 9-10-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I must say .. this video drew a tear ..
a tear of hopes of that just maybe .. we could bring the world together and co-exhist as 1

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Interesting. Thanks for posting this. At some point, we humans will have to deal with the world we have made. Let's hope we can deal with it in an intelligent and useful way. The ideas in the film are some of the things that will help us respond as creators and participants. We have a choice. We have powers we have not dared to dream we have.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing that blessing of hope. I feel it too but I am distracted by feeling anxious until Janurary 21 or so. People will fight it but God is love. Love conquers all. Everyone will fall.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Looks very inspirational!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I can easily see a blending of this and zeitgeists new movies suggestion for a moneyless resource economy of complete equality emerging. This video was made me feel happy. While the problems are all laid out neatly before us is in a tidy row, the solutions seem so non-tangible. It looks like that is starting to change, and the change is coming from us, and throughout the world, grassroots, as it should.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Beautiful!! There is an awakening coming, thanks be to God. "Good shall prevail over all evil." Thanks for sharing this. I plan on buying the documentary when it comes out.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
i'm a cynic to the back bone, immediately i can't help thinking "what's the catch". i hope this isn't some new cultish new age belief system.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Why does everyone talk about the "new age" as if it's "Satan's" spawn? It pisses me off really.

How many wars have "new agers" started? 0

Now, I don't want to get into a tustle here, but enough is enough.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The cast of people in this movie is really going to resonate with the masses. The message is so beautiful and you can see softness in their facial expressions and how humble their body language looks. Praying for a January 2009 release.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Solar,true.To me, it doesn't matter who is behind the movement. Someone has got to make a positive change. It is obvious that institutionalized religions like Islam and Christianity aren't going to do it.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I signed up:

Here is more

vimeo.com...

theshiftmovie.com...

community.theshiftmovie.com...

[edit on 9-10-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
sorry, didn't mean to offend you speakeroftruth.

i, personally, think that the new age movements are almost always self serving, self gratifying, spiritual masturbation. i think it is consciousness retardation dressed up as awakening. i hate the way it claims to offer insight into the universe that is at best a misinterpreted and isolated element of 19th century spiritualism. in short, if satan spawned a belief system, i honestly believe it would be new-age.

so if you are invested in these movements to the level where it upsets you when i express my hope, that this is a genuine attempt to change the world rather than offering each other hugs and cookies and guilt assuagement, i'm truely, deeply sorry you're offended.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by pieman]

EDIT: i'm 100% not attacking you, nor am i attacking your beliefs necessarily, i don't know what they are to be frank. i am outlining how i perceive new-agism. if you believe your particular take on spirituality doesn't match what i describe, then it probably doesn't apply to you and you shouldn't mix yourself in with that lot.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by pieman]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Solar,true.To me, it doesn't matter who is behind the movement. Someone has got to make a positive change. It is obvious that institutionalized religions like Islam and Christianity aren't going to do it.

Agreed. I think the timing of this movie is perfect. Everything is in disarray, people have lost money, housing etc and now with these types of films being injected in the masses, we may see even more of an awakening but this time it will be a call for an "Action of Change".

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Pieman, I will grant you this. There are portions of the "new age" which is absurd. A lot of it is "feel good" fluff. However, to be quite frank, they are the only ones that I see as trying to institute real positive change. As long as that continues, they will continue to receive my full support.

The day that they go into the elitist pile of dung that Islam and Christianity have delved into is the day that I will turn my back on them as well. I don't see that happening, but, in these days and times, nothing much surprises me.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
However, to be quite frank, they are the only ones that I see as trying to institute real positive change.

bah, not good enough for me. good people institute change regardless of the need for a movement or despite their inclusion in a movement. of course i welcome a movement, power through numbers and all, but i think that often, new age movements restrict the ability of members to institute change effectively.

it's the idea of encouraging a person to meditate in an attempt to change the world that just makes me scratch my belly and spit venom.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
it's the idea of encouraging a person to meditate in an attempt to change the world that just makes me scratch my belly and spit venom.

Okay???? How is that any diffeent than praying? Does that make you "scratch your belly and spit venom" as well?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Anyway,pieman, we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this. I am not going to sit here and pick daisies with ya.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
praying is said to be a way to build a personal relationship with god, not a way to change the world. both christ and mohammed encouraged direct action to change the world.

new age beliefs, as i have outlined, encourage a passive action in order to effect change.

there's a big difference. personal meditation is a good thing if you find it helpful in any way, telling people they can change the world through meditation is evil, it encourages apathy.

i made a point, you picked me up on it. if you wanted to agree to disagree you should've done so in the first place. where you have spat on my religion i have ignored it because it is meerly your perception and i'm unwilling to go into the same old, if you don't want to discuss something, do likewise in future.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
where you have spat on my religion

I haven't "spat" on anything,yet... I surely can, and bring verifiable evidence as to why I am doing so. However,I won't. Can you say the same? I think it's best if you just let it rest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join