It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would aliens use technology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Let me explain what im saying then you will see where i am coming from.

Ok us Monkey's...made technology not alien's..Aliens which would be a different species.

Let's say they are telepathic.
Then it's plausible they could control matter with thought also.
and would not even need such a crude thing as technology to fly.

If they are so advanced as to travel light years ect...
it's also plausible it's biological ship's..to sustain there traveler's..and ship .

not to mention...if you think on it

The universe is a big big place.
What would the odd's be they made the exact same kind of communication ship's ect.
they might even have a form of matter or energy not available on earth.
thus spawns a different type of travel and communication.

so why is every ufo we see technology...
a metal ship..with laser's ect..
now do you understand my point here?

i think it's almost 100% positive proof that all ufo video and picture's of a metal ship..with technology we all love from the movie's laser's hole on bottom of ship with a iris ect....is indeed fake.
because technology is MAN MADE..not alien made.
if it was alien made it would probably not even be describable in our word's.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

I read something similar to this before. I think it was in a Whitley Strieber book. He said something to the effect that nature is merely extremely advanced technology.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
Let me explain what im saying then you will see where i am coming from.

Ok us Monkey's...made technology not alien's..Aliens which would be a different species.

Let's say they are telepathic.
Then it's plausible they could control matter with thought also.
and would not even need such a crude thing as technology to fly.

If they are so advanced as to travel light years ect...
it's also plausible it's biological ship's..to sustain there traveler's..and ship .

not to mention...if you think on it

The universe is a big big place.
What would the odd's be they made the exact same kind of communication ship's ect.
they might even have a form of matter or energy not available on earth.
thus spawns a different type of travel and communication.

so why is every ufo we see technology...
a metal ship..with laser's ect..
now do you understand my point here?

i think it's almost 100% positive proof that all ufo video and picture's of a metal ship..with technology we all love from the movie's laser's hole on bottom of ship with a iris ect....is indeed fake.
because technology is MAN MADE..not alien made.
if it was alien made it would probably not even be describable in our word's.

I'm not sure whether what you're suggesting is always the case. You're merely describing one 'explanation' for UFOs/ET: what's loosely described as a 'nuts and bolts' scenario. Not all believers in UFOs/ET actually promote this particular theory.

You also make a strange detour in logic, in your 3rd paragraph by suggesting "Let's say they are telepathic" and then extrapolate on this idea as if it's the only possible scenario. Surely you could say, "let's say they are not telepathic" with equal certainty and then, in a similar fashion, build a counter-argument and believe you've come to an equally persuasive conclusion?

You describe us as "monkeys" suggesting our primitive roots, but who's to say that visiting aliens also haven't followed an evolutionary path in some respects similar to our own? Not necessarily creating a race of mammals, but simply evolved in the sense of a developed physiology? If a species did evolve on these lines, like us (and we're actual evidence that it is possible) then, it makes sense that they also develop technology 'trees' like we have. Not the same, but using the most naturally abundant resource available, created simple tools - perhaps akin to our own stone age - and then developed them, going through their equivalents of bronze and iron ages and perhaps through an industrial revolution of some kind, but all with different resources available.

You also make some curious comments regarding technology. You make a point of describing "metal ships" as if they're the same pieces of tin, steel, aluminium or whatever that we use on earth. Any yet, despite visual similarities such as reflective silver or grey surfaces in many respects, that's were the similarities end. Metals that we are familiar with on earth don't necessarily correspond to many of the characteristics of UFO descriptions, such as the ability to warp, stretch or change shape and so on like in some descriptions.

On the other hand, who's to say that there isn't also an abundance of similar metals on other planets but a race have managed to develop different alloys, perhaps due to the existence of a slightly different set of resources? This could mean similar metals to what we have but not quite the same and are able to be manipulated in ways that ours aren't?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Excellent post and I am coming to the conclusion that much of what we see is fake in regards to ufos. I think if people can dream up sabotage for progress resulting in the sinking of the Maine, Gulf of Tonkin lies, and need I go on, then whos to say there is not a secret department working on steering public thought and discussion of UFOs?

The problem I have accepting that comes from UFO like objects in the paintings of the Rennaisance. That and the fact that i have seen them but I wonder if they are man made or if all I am seeing is a mirage.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Fair point, ive said it all along, mankind have this strange obsession that ET must have similar technology to ours, yet to have the ability to travel the universe be it ship or worm holes, would need technology we couldn't possibly get our heads around (yet)...

When it comes to UFO's i think people can be a bit small minded, indeed when it comes to the capabilities of man kind people are small minded and put down what we aready know and are learning at an ever increasing rate, its quite possible that ET has started off the exact same way as us, yet they might be a thousand years ahead in the evo chain, who knows.

There ships could be metal, or a compound we simply havn't discovered yet, or never will?

What you have to remember with movies and what not, is that we simply dont know what they are made of, so we make it up. I personally dont believe in sightings, i mean to even travel to this planet would take some doing, even from the nearest star, i cant imagine they would just bob about in the sky for all to see, but hey i might be wrong

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

i think the crafts are made from nano-technology.. on the molecular scale, that would make them more perfect then a diamond. if this is the case, the ships are grown atom by atom. depending on how many lasers are used to manipulate the atoms, it might take a few weeks for them to be grown inside a massive dome filled with lasers all pointed at the same spot. this makes more sense to me rather then using telekinesis to manipulate matter, but all avenues should be considered.

i heard somewhere, if you were to have a superconducting ferrofluid inside a high pressure donut shape container, and apply an electric field to make the fluid spin... it would spin incredibly fast.. and probably have some weird effect on space/time.. possibly what is used to generate the ships gravity.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i will use another example
S.E.T.I

why has it yet to find a true alien signal?

same reason they do not use our crude technology.
radio frequency's ect..

for all we know they use light somehow to transmit...just guessing

but the odd's of 2 different specie's in the entire universe...to make the exact same technological advancements..would be like us breathing in outer space at this point"with no suit".

think of it on a smaller scale.

let's say America has never heard of japan.
there is no such thing as communication or travel so they know of each other.
would both place's up out of no where decide to make let's say a car or a airplane?

fact is they wouldn't one country would finally find out the other country made such a thing then started doing it themselves.

but to fathom them making it both around same time with no knowledge of the others doings.
would be astronomical to say the least.

reason i said telepathic was have you ever heard of a abducted say they used there mouths to speak?
always telepathic or at least last i heard anyways.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Before Time,

I think that to be able to engage linear reality effectively that you need physical mass, therefore to work with another race you need to physically interact with it.

Before you do this you have to transport yourself to the other species physically and that is where nuts and bolts technology comes in.

That isn't to say that these races are unable to engage our universe in a non-physical manner, but if you want to interact with a culture that hasn't achieved a dynamic level of extra-biological existence (I just made that up, s'good innit) it probably makes more sense to present yourself physically.

By the way it is etc not ect, sorry to be a pain in the a$$, but it is something that has always bugged me whenever people get it wrong.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

S.E.T.I

radio frequency's ect..

but the odd's of 2 different specie's in the entire universe...to make the exact same technological advancements..would be like us breathing in outer space at this point"with no suit".

would both place's up out of no where decide to make let's say a car or a airplane?

fact is they wouldn't one country would finally find out the other country made such a thing then started doing it themselves.

but to fathom them making it both around same time with no knowledge of the others doings.

reason i said telepathic was have you ever heard of a abducted say they used there mouths to speak?

[edit on 9-10-2008 by beforetime]

SETI has found some strange signals before. The Wow! signal back in the late seventies which lasted for 37 seconds. a few other notable signals that I can't remember. You must take into account that SETI, which is composed of a large network of radio antennae, can only "scan" about one millionth of the sky that you see. It also has a limited range.

As for the "no communication" deal, remember when Columbus ACCIDENTALLY found north america? The natives lived off the land and nature (which is the way to go imo) and Columbus came from a civilized community. You have it right, to a point. There has always been explorers. We're still exploring Earth today (oceans mainly). At some point, if there is a sentient being on a planet, they will seek out any other sentient beings or life on its planet. Thusly communicating with others.

The abductions. True, the abductions are almost always perpetrated by beings that look the same in every incident and never open their "mouths". That doesn't mean that they are the only ET's out there. Look at the vast variety of life forms we have on planet Earth. Each star represents the possibility of a different species of lifeform imo. Any one star may or may not harbor life-bearing conditions.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

S.E.T.I

radio frequency's ect..

Again, you're making some very odd comments in order to fit your argument. Firstly, those who proffer a 'nuts and bolts' 'solution' to the UFO/ET argument are definitely not saying that these visitors have made "the exact same technological advancements". In fact, if anything, exactly the opposite appears to be true. One of the reasons that often UFO/ET sightings aren't taken seriously is because the 'technology' involved appears to be so improbable from our current standing or far in advance of our own. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea from that aliens are making the "same technological advancements" from. If the 'nuts and bolts' theory has any merit, then they actually surpassed our technological stage a very long time ago or have followed a different technology tree entirely.

It seems to me like you're almost creating 'little green strawmen' in your arguments.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
nuts and bolt's..

remember Roswell?

spacecraft crash...they have recovered piece's.

that one in Vietnam i think it was was a hunk of metal.

all metal...with bolts and nut's..heck they might have welded too lol

so go figure 2 life forms that have no contact with one another do the exact same thing.

i see your point but you got to admit it's just as likely my way also lol

ever space craft that has crashed and thee are stories ect...it's always a hunk of metal.
a hunk of metal isn't light speed worthy if u ask me. but that's just me lol

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Let me go ahead an explain something to you real clear.

If aliens could move matter with their brains, and could be anywhere they want in the universe whenever they want, WHY would they want to come to Earth? To be hunted down by military and disected?

Your points are completely backwards.

Also, how is it a alien would fly through the vaccuum of space at -273 degrees celcius? Are we talking about a ice sicle alien? a crystallic alien?

Aliens fly in ships, because they can observe, move from anywhere in the universe with out being frozen and haveing their entrails scattered throughout the vacuum of space.

I can see you're a non-believer as you've obviouslly never witnessed a object within the sky that moves at impossible speeds performing impossible maneuvers, first hand, but I have, and I can personally guarantee you (Not like it matters to you because you aren't as lucky as me) that aliens are real. Now what I saw may have been human craft, however, I don't know.

But anyways, sorry, if a man can make technology I'd suppose a being with 10x our brain power could make technology to.

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

nuts and bolt's..

remember Roswell?

so go figure 2 life forms that have no contact with one another do the exact same thing.

ever space craft that has crashed and thee are stories ect...it's always a hunk of metal.

The Roswell craft and others like it are not made of metal as we no it, with no seems/welds/nuts or bolts and there are no wires inside either, basicaly the craft is like one big circuit.

These craft have like a built in artificial intelligence that is linked to the entity/pilot which is why there are very few controls just pressure like pads as such and basicaly bare inside.

The hull material is able to open to allow entry or exit without any door or seam.

They have a repeling field around the hull so there is no wind resistance and has its own gravity field inside so there are no GForces in play thats why they can do a 90deg. turn at 50,000mph without slowing.

Anything else I can help you with???

You sound so childish

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

nuts and bolt's.. remember Roswell?

The irony of what you're trying to offer as proof here is that some of the 'metallic' material that was meant to have been recovered from Roswell was completely unlike metals that we're familiar with.

Again, you're making a strange claim with the idea that the chunks of metal you're claiming to be just chunks of metal and aren't light-speed worthy. Why would these particular pieces of metal have to be light-speed worthy? Again, you're setting up a false premise and then claiming to have a superior argument when you tear it down. Ignoring the 'did America really go to the moon conspiracies' for a moment, and take it as a given, what you're saying could be similar to looking at the lunar module when it returned to earth and someone pointing out that couldn't have come back from the moon, because 'look at it! That couldn't have gone to the moon!' which is understandable until you realise that the lunar module was only a small part of the technology involved in going to the moon and coming back.

If you're referring to my posts, I think you're somehow misunderstanding the. I'm not offering an alternative view to 'your way'. This isn't about 'my way' versus 'your way'. My personal belief is that regarding the UFO/ET question, the actual answer is 'a little from column A, a little from column B' and so on. I don't see why it has to be a case of 'nuts and bolts' as opposed to some ultraterrestial theory; if anything, I'd think it was actually both. It doesn't make sense to me that, if aliens are coming here, that they all come in physical ships or they all come here using some strange, unfathomable method.

Even though it's early days, we're actually proof that it's possible for cultures to technologically move from one planet to another. Now imagine if our economies were different and how the politics of the 1970s onwards had been different. Instead of Americans struggling to justify a space programme, NASA just got bigger and bigger with even more ambitious projects. Imagine that, instead of Cold War and a Space Race, all the countries in the world were united on this from the start and worked together from the outset. Where would we - as 'Earthlings' - be in our space activity? Other planets might not have some of the cultural problems we do and just continuously advanced their space programmes and may have done so for a very long time, not just the last 60 years or so.

All I've tried to do in this thread is show how you're making some very strange leaps of logic in this thread and making presenting almost strawman arguments in that you're presenting other people's arguments falsely; what you say is claimed by the 'nuts and bolts' supporters is actually quite different from what they actually say.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

an interesting theory, but it assumes one thing.

For example, you are assuming we are being visited by only one race.
I on the other hand believe we are being visited by more than one. Each with their own beliefs, levels of advancement, technologies and agendas concerning us. And no doubt their own set of assumptions about humanity.

A little OT but, I think its fair to assume, that the universe just reflects our own terrestrial microcosm of opposing beliefs, politics and capabilities. The power of the First world over the Third world is an interesting parrallel for how we may be considered and exploited by more advanced civilizations.

If the abduction stories are true, and I personally believe they are, our natural resource isnt oil, or uranium, or rare minerals, but our genetic material. Abductions may be the equivalent of an open strip mine. And like any minor Third World country, we have little in the way of forceful response.

Or. Maybe im just wrong

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hmm, good question. technologie is the easiest way to do anything. But I think the term technology makes the whole subject to broad. I assume you mean technology simular towards computers we have and other kind of devices.

Fact is that evolution follows simular pathways and only marginally deviates from those pathways and thus most alien civilizations depend on technology the way we know it.

However, when reaching a certain level of understanding about the universe you are no longer obligated to use regular technology that is simular towards human technology. For instance, you can trade regular technology, with the help of it, into biotechnology transforming once own body into a biological swiss armyknife so to speak.

Technology exist to anhance our capabilities, thus is a race has many capabilities from itselve it will need less technologies. The amount of races existing like that are very limited and there are basically no practical alternatives for technology.

Think like this;

If there was another way to do things then we do now with technology then menkind would have used it by now. If initelligent alien races have other ways than chances are extremly hi8gh that they needed simular ways as us to get there.

Fact is that things are not as amazing. Many here believe that we only know a facet, this is true howevery we know all the basics. Don't expect things to deviate much in ways we don't know, just in an evolution of the basics we know but are not familier with.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
we have technology...why should some aliens not have it also?..after all..we are alien to them..

some may not have..some may be so alien to us that we cant even recognize them as a species...

there are probably billions of different species of aliens..some will use technology..some wont..the ones that do are the ones we see using technolgy..the ones that dont are not the ones we see using technology..

quite simple really

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
we have technology...why should some aliens not have it also?..after all..we are alien to them..

some may not have..some may be so alien to us that we cant even recognize them as a species...

there are probably billions of different species of aliens..some will use technology..some wont..the ones that do are the ones we see using technolgy..the ones that dont are not the ones we see using technology..

quite simple really

Taken the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

nuts and bolt's..

A hunk of metal.. What if it looks like metal but it has different charesterics? Ever think of that?
Not everything what it looks seems what it is...

Why can't aliens have the same sources on their planet as we do? How did we start farming, welding etc. ? How did the human race come to a point where we started to weld, farm, cook etc.
I believe we had visitors thousands years ago, the ppl back then mistake these beings for gods.
They gave us insightfull information about using earth's things like metal, oil, etc.

I don't think it's 100% proof that UFO's are not extraterrestial because they seem to use the same technique (only far more advanced) as we do.

Let's see where the human race (NASA or some1 else) is in 50 years? Wanna bet that the spaceships we gonna use are also from metal (or stuff that looks like metal)

[edit on 10-10-2008 by jasperaldo]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
A lot of people on this thread have analyzed exactly what technology is and I agree with most views, but I would also like to add my own spin on it.

Evolution is a long term process where organic matter reshapes itself to survive or thrive in it's environment. Technology is as similar process, but is accelerated with the application of intelligence and intent. Technology differs in the fact that at our current level, we reshape matter in our local environment and not our own biological masses.

Evolution works from the smallest scales outward through to large scale patterns, where as technology allows us to reshape large scale, crude objects first and over time, allows us to manipulate the minutest scales of matter.

The two processes seem to work toward the same goal from opposite directions, so that eventually the effects of evolution may be indistinguishable from technological design. I think that this is what we are seeing when we observe advance races such as the Greys. These beings appear to be biological beings, but act and work with a wholly unnatural efficiency.

I think that what we will see if we ever make it to a similarly advanced level is that our bi-polar concepts of life and death and our individual boundaries will loosen so that our minds will be part of a choir of minds that we will be able to dip into and use as a resource rather than separating ourselves from our environment and our neighbors. I am saying all this from the perspective of someone that has been around the Greys and has been exposed to their view of themselves. These guys are free to wander without a body, but what most people don't realize is that souls need evolution to grow and without linear mass we never change and are subjected to a kind of eternal dream state. I have viewed other worlds out of body and the things that I could not understand are almost impossible to make out. I observed them as a kind of dark fuzzy jumble. Physical experience is a kind of learning device that allows us to grow and evolution is the physical manifestation of this. At some point our knowledge will allow us to apply our will to this process and at that stage we will become a completely physical expression of mind. This is what the Greys are, they change bodies like we change clothes and they are able to re-shape themselves to suit any environment. From our POV they appear indescribably strange and often cold and in-human, but then there are a small number amongst them that appear to be more advanced and more human. This is an aspect of what they are. During a conversation with one such (female) entity I asked why she was different to the more common beings. She sent me the image of a spear and told me that those like her were the edge of the spear and that the smaller guys represented the mass of the spear. She was equally part of the tool, but her mind was the active dynamic part of it. She was an expression of the will of her community. They understand individuality, but they also work together as one mind. This is because their method of communication is so refined that there is little need for disagreement since they are able to share perceptions and truths so quickly and accurately that conflict becomes obsolete.

Concerning the fact that E.T craft appear to be made from the same materials we use, I will just say that it doesn't matter where you come from, all matter is made from the same elements throughout our Universe. Also the laws of physics are the same where-ever you go, so it stands to reason that the useful and logical methods of conveyance are going to be seen more often that the more exotic methods.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Martindoolittle]

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Martindoolittle]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join