It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Troops are Deployed on U.S Streets Ready to Carry Out

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The moment I heard this, this is what came to mind:

To really enact this "all-power" Bush is gonna do the following things: We all know 9/11 was an inside job. So, in order to suspend the elections, he needs another 9/11 type of event. Not necessarily on that scale, but something he can effectively call a "national crisis". Then and ONLY then will the "Dictatorship" be enacted. At that point, he can suspend the elections indefinately and use these troops to supress the uprising that will most surely ensue. Then you will see the martial law go into effect. I'm not sure, but that sounds feasible to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
reply to post by rcwj75

Ok so now you admit troops are doing a clean up on US soil because they are "helping" with Katrina. All it will take is an "event" like Katrin or maybe civil unrest due to the financial crisis we are currently in.

And that could've happened before October 1st. October 1st has nothing to do with making what you're afraid of happening more likely.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Mcain went public with a statement that the economy was healthy.

Two hours later he said the economy is in deep trouble.

Hummmm..................... how can I believe either way?

Usually when I hear a rumor, is has already been done or planed.

I say, be prepared for martial law....citizens of the USA!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
SuperViking and ADVISOR-

Thanks guys. I appreciate the education.

So, re-deploy, I'll use. Same question. ADVISOR, SuperViking and rcjw75 brought the educated, first-hand knowledge that disputes the intention of this thread.
Can anybody support this panic-mongering with any first-hand knowledge?
Because ADVISOR, SuperViking and rcjw75 didn't get their info from a newspaper. I fail to see any obvious chicanery in their posts. I choose to listen to those involved in the theory. Not those that theorize the involvement.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
Ok so now you admit troops are doing a clean up on US soil because they are "helping" with Katrina. All it will take is an "event" like Katrin or maybe civil unrest due to the financial crisis we are currently in.

"now you admit"....as if I was hiding something..lol. You people are seriously delusional and will try anything to spark a fire. So troops show up at Katrina and make things run smooth and somehow thats a bad thing? And for all of you posting these BS videos that have been edited...stop..they are such BS...as I stated...I was in N.O. working before the NG soldiers even got there...I seen all I needed to see to prove many people in this country are spoiled, hand out brats who abuse and use people any chance they get....so before you wanna blame everyone else for this and that..look at your fellow man first...maybe if WE as PEOPLE acted right and did right...the need for the government etc wouldn't be such an issue.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Fear-mongering at its finest, I guess.

There has always been a contingant of troops that trained to deal with civil unrest. I was a part of such a unit. I've been face to face with unhappy, protesting American citizens more than once. When we were trained for this, it was stressed, pounded, and drilled into us, that NO force that could cause serious injury could ever be used. In fact, during training, we'd ask stuff like "Can we hit them anywhere?!" Because there were so many spots you were NOT allowed to strike, we had be exceedingly careful when engaging with anyone. That's how much care the Army put into training their troops. Are you suggesting that now they all get trained to use lethal force? That's laughable. You have no idea what sort of training troops go through, prior to engaging in any sort of civil unrest.

I'm in Colorado, and my company has a trailer inside of Fort Carson. I also visit the Pueblo Chemical Depot regularly. I've not seen anything out of the ordinary, whatsoever. From gate checks (same-same), # of troops around the bases, vehicles, etc. There are ALWAYS some vehicles around. They are an Army, what do you expect? They typically move them via track however. If you hit the base, you'll see many tanks, duece and a halves, hummvees, loaded on trains, that's common. I've seen that the last 10 years I've been on these bases. Nothing has changed, nothing is new, I've not noticed a thing out of the ordinary.

Of course, I guess you folks who don't visit bases, don't know military personnel, and don't REALLY know how they train troops, would know better than those of us who do, eh?

Stop the fear-mongering, it gets old.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

WHO ARE YOU FOOLING !!!

I live in New Orleans and the Military are the police on the east bank, and they are training the Jefferson Parrish street units

seriously, i'm looking at this crap happining in my city

are you that dense ....or do you not really know what is happining

i'm starring at it in the face everyday, and you saying that it's not happining anywhere in America?!?!

get a friggin clue

or just come to The New Orleans suburbs and see it for yourself

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Yeah , I'm sure you were helpin drop those spoiled brats into shallow graves around here to hu?

but no one talks about all the people the military killed, for good or bad reasons, durring and after Katrina

your lying to yourself if you think that stuff wasn't prep for a bigger mission

AND THEY ARE STILL HERE POLICING!!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
OK, I've got to rant:

Perhaps "fear" is the operative word here? Despite all of the accusations and my own admittance that I have not read the entire thread. I have kept an eye on this thread. I found your back biting rather tideous, so I admit skimming. I have been watching it from day one. I have to say the "Honeymooners" have nothing on you guys!

Could it be that the troops, our soldiers and veterans are utterly horrified at the prospect of being ordered to actively participate in any kind of domestic activity except assisting Americans on our soil?

Could it be that they are utterly horrified at the idea of assisting Americans on our soil in the event of a terrorist attack? Could it be that they ,too, do not want to even consider the fact the "Posse comitatus" could be suspended? That "habeas corpus" would not apply if they were ordered to arrest their neighbor? What about martial law being enacted?

Maybe they are also insulted that we would even consider such a possibility after the sacrifice they have made?

What about other side of this enlightening thread? The same fear applies.

Last time I looked 2 trillion of retirement has vanished. That should never, ever happen in this country, no matter what the circumstances. Retirees can and should be able to take care of themselves after the years they worked. They should enjoy the fruits of their labor. They've served their country, too.

The Senate and the House showed exactly what they are made of by not honoring "the people's orders". The Constitution, in general, is and has been trashed. The global economy is in free fall.

What is this thread really about?

FEAR and rightly so!

This site is generally about "theories", now it's truly about truth!

[edit on 11-10-2008 by ballast]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by goukilock
but no one talks about all the people the military killed, for good or bad reasons, durring and after Katrina

Uh, which ones? You mean the ones that Cynthia McKinney said that were killed by the military? I think she's been hitting the crack a bit too hard lately.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Listen, I'm from New Orleans, and i'm kinda shaky on how regional propaghanda works, but I'm sure that info was not put out on any of the local news media in this area....where it happened.

if there was a bubble and you heard about it on YOUR news or locale media, well you get a cookie, i got my info from the guys that were actually doing the killing

don't believe me, i could care less, but that is how it is

but if you care to enlighten me on what was exactly , Id certainly give it a listen, but i'm sure she didn't go into the detail I heard it in

but i could be wrong

and don't think i'm actually saying some of those people did not deserve it, we got some vicious ghetto criminal types down here, but thats no reason to push it under the rug

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
[edit on 11-10-2008 by ConMi27]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mateandbucky06
I think people are just paranoid. Any I am in the military so I'm not getting my info from a friend of a friend. The military does do exercises a lot and when civilians don't know whats going on they make stuff up. They see some people in camo practicing, probably to freshen up on things they do have to do in Iraq (obviously we can't practice there) then people start saying we're running the streets or something is going on.
I find it quite hiliarious actually and I'm sure the many other people on this site who are in the service feel similar. Most civilians don't understand that if something is going on we (the average soldier, airman) has no idea what it is.

Agreed completely. My father was in the Army for eleven years and he was threatened constantly about how they could send him over seas any day and when he asked why or for more information they would reject him and give him none.

The military are no different than the civilians - their given actions - not answers.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Evidence should be our major.
but sadly... its not.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ballast

Fear. Isn't fear what makes us come to this website every day or every week in search of something to be wary about? Or something to make sense about everything else? Fear clears our mind from other problems - makes us look away from the true problems that lay at hand - but it also prepares us. Expect the unexpected. Right?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by goukilock
Listen, I'm from New Orleans, and i'm kinda shaky on how regional propaghanda works, but I'm sure that info was not put out on any of the local news media in this area....where it happened.

if there was a bubble and you heard about it on YOUR news or locale media, well you get a cookie, i got my info from the guys that were actually doing the killing

don't believe me, i could care less, but that is how it is

but if you care to enlighten me on what was exactly , Id certainly give it a listen, but i'm sure she didn't go into the detail I heard it in

but i could be wrong

and don't think i'm actually saying some of those people did not deserve it, we got some vicious ghetto criminal types down here, but thats no reason to push it under the rug

McKinney said that 5000 people were killed by the government.

I honestly don't care if a looter, criminal or general scumbag was shot by National Guardsmen, but I think she's full of crap thinking that a bunch of Average Joes were schwacked by the military "just because."

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ConMi27

Fear? Perhaps for some. I doubt that's true for you, judging by your answer.

For me? Hard to say. Sometimes, ats digs out an article of interest that I didn't have to dig for. Occasionally there is a surprise. Generally, predictions, theories and such don't pan out to say the least.

Lately,"The world's too crazy to even consider." To quote Dustin Hoffman from Little Big Man.

"Small leaks sometimes sink great ships." Small leaks can also gain devoted allies, in the oddest of places.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballast

en.wikipedia.org...(military)

Oh yeah,....
wikipedia is such a reliable source

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Hey, Fair Enough

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

Wikpedia may not be the most reliable source. Show me a better one. What is the issue with the stated definition?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join