It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Troops are Deployed on U.S Streets Ready to Carry Out

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
When I called one of our reps here in my state who voted for the bail out bill. I asked one of his people why our rep voted aye even though his district said no he said we don't live in a democracy and that we lived in a republic. And in a republic we voted people in to make our decisions for our own good.

So there you have it our voice doesn't matter they are going to do what ever greases the wheel.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
ballast, you again didn't read clearly.

Originally posted by ballast
Deploy:

3. To put into use or action

Verb
to organize (troops or resources) into a position ready for immediate and effective action [Latin displicare to unfold]
deployment n

That's fantastic, but that's not the definition of the United States military. These people are sleeping in their homes at night, driving their cars around, going to movies and bars and restaurants. That's not a deployment.

This unit is not deployed. End of story.

en.wikipedia.org...(military)

"A division is a large military unit or formation usually consisting of around ten to thirty thousand soldiers."

It's not a division even being pre-designated (not deployed) anyway. It's a BCT (Brigade Combat Team). READ BETTER!

I mean, you just claimed a division was deployed within the US- you didn't get the subject nor the verb correct. That's horrible.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by rhombus24

THIS is NOT a REPUBLIC! This is america.

Actually, America is technically a republic, but with tinges of representative democracy built in. This debate has been going on for centuries, but in a pure Democracy, the majority rules, and if that were the case, Congress would NEVER have been allowed to vote for the treasonous Bailout Bill of WALL STREET.
Our pledge allegiance says it best:

"I pledge alliegance, to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands .... "

Furthermore, the Constitution itself guarantees a "republican form of government", at Article 4 Section 4, it states: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government,"

America is a Republic, a constitutional Republic of a democratic (one man - one vote) nature. However, we are not a democracy where the majority rules. That is government propaganda designed to condition you to accept their injustice and believe that there is nothing that you can do about it. The difference between a Democracy and a Republic is that in a Republic there are certain things that can never be done no matter how many people want to do it ! The rights of no individual or group can ever be removed or diminished (because that group may be currently unpopular (for whatever reason)), regardless of how many people vote to do so. In a Republic, even if the vote is 250 million to 1, that one cannot be thrown into slavery. In a pure democracy 51% of the men can vote the other 49% back into slavery if they wish. Or, they can vote to steal your property (sound familiar), but not in a Republic (if the Constitution or the law forbids it, which ours DOES). Our founding fathers hated democracy, recognizing that it is nothing more than social slavery to the popular hysteria of the masses (sound familiar). They wanted a representative (democratic) system, but not a pure democracy, and they did not establish a democracy in the Constitution, they established a Republic, a Constitutional Republic.

source: www.tax-freedom.com...

Correction, Democracy is not Majority Rule. Democracy is Mob Rule, thats why the United States was formed as a Republic.
People are stupid when they get into groups. Individualy they may be rational, but once in that group, they freak out. The internet and forums like these are perfect examples of it.

people need to think, what can 3000 soldiers do compared to the hundreds of millions of citizens? Squat. This is nothing, has happened a lot before. Alls it takes, is for someone who doesnt understand to freak out and post some wild idea, and then we have "MOB MENTALITY". Run for the HILLS!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'll Start this post off with the correction that was issued by the Army Times, so as to make it easier for you to understand;

"Correction:

A non-lethal crowd control package fielded to 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, described in the original version of this story, , not in the U.S., as previously stated."

The tazers, tear gas, and microwave devices are going to Iraq for use i crowd control there.

The "1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division" was deployed in the US, on October 1st

A "non-lethal crowd control package fielded to 1st Brigade" is... "intended for use on deployments to the war zone"

So The "non-lethal crowd control package" is going to the War Zone... whilst the soldiers are deployed on the US mainland "Beginning Oct. 1 for 12 months, the 1st BCT will be under the day-to-day control of U.S. Army North, the Army service component of Northern Command, as an on-call federal response force"

but the "non-lethal crowd control package" is... "intended for use on deployments to the war zone"

Do you Understand?

It is pretty easy to understand once you start acknowledging the reality of the situation America is now in OR if you would only just read the article.

The public education system is really doing it's job. So is the TV and the fluoride in the water. This thread is a testament to the effectiveness of the system you have been raised under.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
The "1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division" was deployed in the US, on Octpber 1st

deployed on the US mainland "Beginning Oct. 1 for 12 months[/b

THE UNIT IS NOT DEPLOYED. It's at it's home base, with it's soldiers living in their homes. THE UNIT IS NOT DEPLOYED.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Why are people who have ZERO knowledge of military orders, operations, and assignments still chiming in like they KNOW what is happening or know the facts about the role of the brigade assigned to the CONUS??? It it blows my mind.....nothing like armchair quarterbacks who are all-pro in their own minds!

Unless you served, serve or KNOW how the CONUS assignments work...everything your saying is nothing more then individual assumptions with ZERO facts!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thounsands of American troops on our soil? That sucks

There would be absolutely no way to fight them off.

Like a previous poster said,

There are 300 million Americans, if there are 25 million troops, every 12th person has to kill one.

That seems logical.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

You weren't in the military.

Yet you are admonishing others for not serving.

Please don't do this, people will think you were/are military and you will only give all of us a bad name.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

The "1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division" was deployed in the US, on Octpber 1st

deployed on the US mainland "Beginning Oct. 1 for 12 months

Seriously. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Seriously...Do YOU understand?

When the military is in theater and they are coming back HOME they DEPLOY BACK HOME. That means they go back home to their home bases.

I'm with RCWJ again = if you don't understand military operations, then responding with ignorant responses is NOT denying ignorance, which is what this site is all about.

Again...do you want the military deployed in foregin countries....or do you want them back home? Please make up your mind!!

[edit on 10/11/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by rcwj75

Please don't do this, people will think you were/are military and you will only give all of us a bad name.

Thank you.

He WAS in the military! Good lord.

Sorry, he is my friend and I feel the need to defend him in case he isnt around.

[edit on 10/11/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Thank you.

LOL...yeah an LOL is all your getting for that awesome assumption and complete misfire!
And by your statement "give US a bad name" I am openly assuming you ARE in...which after reading your posts and seeing where you stand on things and the vast NON-knowledge you have is exactly why I ETS'd and didn't re-up after my 6 YEARS of service!

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
He WAS in the military! Good lord.

Sorry, he is my friend and I feel the need to defend him in case he isnt around.

Thanks GEL...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by rcwj75

Yes he is in the military and no he's not admonishing anybody for not serving.
He's admonishing asshats who spew ignorance out like candy. YOU sir, are a fear-monger IMO and I'll thank you for ceasing.

Thank you.

Why, does it trip up your methodization? Bare logic is a tough nut to beat. Can you prove, without a doubt, that what you say to "freak out" about, isn't just good ole, US Soldiers getting their MOS changed to a home base? Why do you infer that they aren't just "home", they're training to be (I love this) our (America's) armed citizen round-up patrols?

When US Soldiers come home from Iraq or Afghanistan, what do you think they should be doing? What's a good MOS in YOUR eyes?

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Cuhail, either your grammar is a little screwed or you don't entirely know what MOS means, FYI.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I really didn't want to "get into it", in this thread but felt some thing needed to be said.

Where do you all expect us to go, and yes any ATSer worth their sand knows I am active Army. So where do you all expect us to go? As if there is some other land we go to when not fighting.

No, we come home, as your neighbor, brother, sister, father, mother, aunt and uncle. We are those friends who left after highschool and never went to the reunion because we were training up for deployment.

We are those 1% who have the nerve to stand up and say I will and then do it.

I am not in my home state, but I am home in the USofA, and people are not freaking out about me being here. They are glad to see me and my buddies, because here we are where we belong.

We don't belong any where else, because this is the "Home of the Brave, and Land of the Free". For how much longer I don't know, but as long as I breath, I will give every thing to make sure it stays that way.

I must ask, where, do you expect us to go?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

My vocabulary may be completely screwed as to the term used to decribe a soldier's change of post and what he does at that post. I agree.

MOS?
MOD?
I know it's one of those. I'm the son in the family that became a carpenter. My two older brothers were in the Army and Marines.
So, yes, my vocab is lacking, but, my point remains the same. When they come back to the States and are still in Active Duty, what does truthtellist suggest our soliers do? Not train?

You can educate me on the term, if you would.

Cuhail

-EDIT to add: AWESOME post ADVISOR! Thanks...for all of it. -M

[edit on 10/11/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
MOS just means 'job'. It's short for Military Occupational Specialty, I think. Your MOS doesn't change dependant on where you are. You have to go back to AIT (your initial job training, after basic) if you want to change your MOS. So the BCT coming back isn't specifically having anyone change their MOS (although some will, and leave the unit).

Of course, MOS is different from 'job title' but now it's getting complicated. When you said MOS, though, you shoulda just said something like 'redeploy' (which doesn't mean to deploy again, but to come back from deployment).

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
PCS is Permanent Change of Station, and yes MOS is Military Ocupational Specialty aka job.

Easy enough to confuse, the military in general has hundreds of acronyms and it is easy to get them mixed up.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Seems to be the new "way" on ATS......

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Ok so now you admit troops are doing a clean up on US soil because they are "helping" with Katrina. All it will take is an "event" like Katrin or maybe civil unrest due to the financial crisis we are currently in.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
But it's important to keep in mind that PCSing isn't deploying. You PCS as an individual, basically relocating your life with no intention (at least no concrete plans) to come back. You deploy as a group (98% of the time). that unit wasn't PCSing back to Stewart.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join