It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Troops are Deployed on U.S Streets Ready to Carry Out

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have to agree with the people saying that this thread has gone a bit haywire with "what ifs". the fact is: Military units train for riot situations. So do police and peace officers. I went to a demonstation of riot prevention done by the local police department just months ago. It doesn't mean they are JUST doing it.... Fact is- They retrain annually for it. The military does the same thing. as does the Department of Corrections. These are facts. NOT speculation.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If the government was really trying to take control, the very FIRST thing it would do would be to seize all personally owned firearms, and yet this current government is the one which not only supports that right, it allowed the AWB to sunset thereby allowing citizens to own high capacity magazines and "assault style" weapons once again.

It just doesn't fit.

If you want to look for a country that is closer to totalitarianism, then look at the UK. They are disarmed and sheeplike, and far more at risk of domination than we ever could be. Soldiers are routinely deployed to airports as part of "exercises" and I have seen more armed troops on the streets in the UK than I have ever seen in the US.

But apparently WE are the ones who are about to be subject to total military control, even with most of our armed forces overseas apparently.

While I enjoy ATS, the silliness and paranoia evident in this site just seems to be getting worse, the number of genuinely compelling and well researched conspiracy threads is in sharp decline, and they are increasingly being replaced by sensationalist garbage like this.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ConMi27

That video has to be the worst thing I have ever seen. Talk about spreading rumors, misguiding people, making stuff up and abusing assumptions. It's funny at the very least....considering I could list 50 things that are untrue. They did nothing more then make this video for the truly uneducated..knowing that if edited the right way and lie the right way...it WILL scare those who haven't a clue about reality!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Alex Jones is repeating this story on his show this afternoon. Apparently he is having trouble reading the correction at the bottom as wel.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I agree with you 100%. Make no mistake. You know I think all of this is fear-mongering, but.....

(and this is the crux of it)

....to what end? What's the real reason to do all this? It can't be for spits and dribbles. What's the motivation.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Its the human side of us looking for something! It's like the secrets to freemasonry or the illuminati...we are so intrigued by it that we search for the deep dark secrets so we can be like WOW look at this. The curiousity of humans is high when it comes to things. We live day to day, really have no idea why we are here, some of us think GOD created us all and after we die we go to another place...some believe science did all this and when your dead, that it..off to nothingville. So what do we do we search, debate, wonder, make up stuff we HOPE will happen, etc...

The idea of a deep dark shadow government is exciting to people...the what if factor....look how we (especially with our friends) talk about the things we WOULD do if this happened, or that happened. We long for discoveries..and WANT there to be a dark rooted secret...IMO...if there was no rumors, or possibilities that something may be found or happen..then some people would look at life like...so this is all there is!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

What's the real reason to do all this? It can't be for spits and dribbles. What's the motivation. b

Maybe because there are people who THRIVE on fear and paranoia and drama and doom and gloom....and they want everyone around them to thrive on it too. Kind of like missery loves company. I see that a lot here. Dont see it in my everyday life though.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Oh, I understand the motivations for people to find, post and panic about this kind of "production", but, I don't understand the need to actually produce it. I just don't think that way. I can be evil and devious and very very clever and I even bet that I could talk a priest into a prostitute if I had to.
I just don't see the ends to their means. I see no gain for the people who actually produce the slanted vids. What do they gain by getting people all freaked? What's the payoff?

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
St Brigitta. They are nuts. Nevertheless, I find it amusing and frightening that man never learns from the past. The Rubicon was there for a reason (well OK it was there before but you get my meaning). And the Rubicon has just been crossed. Never good news.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Ismail]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I think there is always money to be made by the people the put out these kinds of panics. Alex Jones makes his money from ad revenue. He scares us and tells us we need to prepare. He sells lots of ads to survival gear companies. And the wheel keeps turning.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I agree with you completely. There are enough firearms in the hands of the people that they would HAVE to confiscate them from the people first. Now if I saw that happening, then I'd REALLY be worried. Otherwise, they'd risk angering an armed public and galvanizing "sides".

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Oh, I understand the motivations for people to find, post and panic about this kind of "production", but, I don't understand the need to actually produce it. I just don't think that way. I can be evil and devious and very very clever and I even bet that I could talk a priest into a prostitute if I had to.
I just don't see the ends to their means. I see no gain for the people who actually produce the slanted vids. What do they gain by getting people all freaked? What's the payoff?

Cuhail

It's a cottage market. Those books sell, and they're probably really fun to write, to boot.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Snift

First and foremost I'd like some visual confirmation of these 1000's of troops all over American streets before I believe any of this.

The only way I could imagine this scenario to actually occur would be if we had some sort of disease outbreak. Can someone explain how this paranoid concept of martial law got started? Is it based in the fear of total economic collapse? Or a fear of attack?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3thieves
reply to post by Snift

First and foremost I'd like some visual confirmation of these 1000's of troops all over American streets before I believe any of this.

The only way I could imagine this scenario to actually occur would be if we had some sort of disease outbreak. Can someone explain how this paranoid concept of martial law got started? Is it based in the fear of total economic collapse? Or a fear of attack?

It is based in proving that liars and incitors such as Alex Jones have been telling the truth about the impending doom for the last um....20 years or so. People need more than ever to believe in people like him because what he says sounds sooo true. Just like Fox news. There is a reason that people that depend on both for info score lower on tests of current events.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I can't believe that this topic is still being discussed. I have researched all major reputable news sources and could not find any indication of this event taking place. I have friends who live near Hunter Army Air Field and Paris Island and they have seen nothing beyond any normal training ops that occur daily.

I suppose people just don't want to do their homework anymore. Unsubstantiated fear mongering is much easier.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I just have a problem with soldiers coming back here still in the same mind frame

I've heard too many stories of U.S. soldiers performing terrifying acts. Gang rapes, unorganized and unauthorized "shoot outs", and many more. Will they get away with it here? What am I going to do if I ran across a group of soldiers terrorizing some innocent civilians? I know I won't be able to walk away. Will I be labeled a terrorist and shot?

Man, why was I born into such a pathetic, immature, and pointless period of human existence? Why is it so hard for people to use common sense?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdswetty
I've heard too many stories of U.S. soldiers performing terrifying acts. Gang rapes, unorganized and unauthorized "shoot outs", and many more.

Is that so?

Got some sources to back up that wild claim?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by bdswetty
I've heard too many stories of U.S. soldiers performing terrifying acts. Gang rapes, unorganized and unauthorized "shoot outs", and many more.

Is that so?

Got some sources to back up that wild claim?

YUP!
How about shooting at innocent people for fun? How about blowing up innocent civillian's livestock for entertainment? Running children to exhaustion for a bottle of water?

watch the videos

I do not have any video of gang rapes but all you have to do is look and see how many US soldiers have been convicted of rape so far in just these two current wars. You would be amazed at what a little research my show you.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741
YUP!
How about shooting at innocent people for fun? How about blowing up innocent civillian's livestock for entertainment? Running children to exhaustion for a bottle of water?

watch the videos

I do not have any video of gang rapes but all you have to do is look and see how many US soldiers have been convicted of rape so far in just these two current wars. You would be amazed at what a little research my show you.

Wow, that's just fantastic.

Now, here's a question for you: Out of how many guys have been deployed to the AOR, how many have been convicted or accussed of all this mayhem? What's the percentage?

And then, what's the percentage of civilians in the US that have done the same things here?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
I can be evil and devious and very very clever and I even bet that I could talk a priest into a prostitute if I had to.

Cuhail

haha, i feel the same way about talking a prostitute into a jedi though,
yeah i agree, whats the point, what are the "ends" Some people have said, they wanna kill us all, put us in fema camps, but WHY?! What could The PTB possibly have to gain from that, besides losing their tax base?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join