It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Troops are Deployed on U.S Streets Ready to Carry Out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Let's do a little very simple math.

4,000 soldiers.

50 states.

That's 80 solders per state.

Assume 40 cities or towns large enough to be a problem.

That's 2 soldiers per city.

Hardly a menacing force.

Are you still shaking in your boots?

what a great time to overthrow your leaders then don't you think?

better to make history than be resigned to it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Some of the responses in this thread are interesting.

I believe in denying ignorance, but denying what is possible?

I met an elderly gentleman a few years ago who was a resident of Berkeley. He was never part of the movement, but did state that he would have never believed he'd see the day that military would occupy his city, until it happened.

It CAN happen. Will it again? That is the question. I don't particularly care to live in fear, but I also think that burying your head in the sand is dangerous.

Has excessive military force been used on this soil against civilians? Yes! Look back at Pen State. Let's not deny that military is capable of following orders or killing other civilians.

To the poster who said that the protestor needs to move their cause down the street to the park....I seriously laughed for a moment there. What would be the purpose then, of going away from the focal point to an area aka free speech zone to get your point across? Non violent protest is meant to make the people being protested HEARD and....uncomfortable.
As a demonstrator at past protests, I have seen peaceful people being beaten, dragged, and injured from tasers. The corrupt law makers want people to feel intimidated about their rights to free speech anywhere we stand. As a tax paying citizen, I'll stand on the steps of city hall and protest, and expect to not be told to take my issues down the street where no one can hear me or care.

Lastly,

I have not seen one military vehicle or soldier anywhere in our outside of my city. I won't panic if I see a convoy either. I think there is TOO much panic set in with many people because all we are getting from the media is CRISIS MODE. There needs to be a healthy balance struck between panic and awareness. Less panic inducing threads would be a good thing right now, unless someone is truly seeing aliens and the military kicking a## out in your streets.

And I happen to think that panic is expected or possibly wanted, hence the deployment of military to be on our streets when called on. Stay calm, keep your eyes open.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snift

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
reply to post by ConMi27

It's very simple really: People screamed out, "Take our liberties, just please make us safe!" after 9-11. People demanded the President to take action. In a united voice we screamed for blood. For justice.

Whats even worse, is they knew the public would do that to begin with, hence why it happened.

We're at a huge disadvantage, they had ~200 years to plan this, they control almost every single part of our lifes and most of all.....

They got these.

They got those in Iraq too and a bunch of guys in wife beaters and shorts are blasting them out every day.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Originally posted by ConMi27

Background: the First Brigade of the Third Infantry Division, three to four thousand soldiers, has been deployed in the United States as of October 1. Their stated mission is the form of crowd control they practiced in Iraq, subduing "unruly individuals," and the management of a national emergency. I am in Seattle and heard from the brother of one of the soldiers that they are engaged in exercises now. Amy Goodman reported that an Army spokesperson confirmed that they will have access to lethal and non lethal crowd control technologies and tanks.

George Bush struck down Posse Comitatus, thus making it legal for military to patrol the U.S. He has also legally established that in the "War on Terror," the U.S. is at war around the globe and thus the whole world is a battlefield. Thus the U.S. is also a battlefield.

What do you guys think?

"Could face martial law..." - to some degree aren't we already facing it? and with the U.S Army given persmission to control our streets ... thats more control than should be given up to any one group of men to decide. This is a republic is it not? WE DO make decisions don't we? Then somebody explain to me why I woke up to this...

[edit on 9-10-2008 by ConMi27]

Note the quoted words in your insert..."unruly individuals".

Now does it take a slide rule to figure this out or what?

If you have mass public chaos, YES they will enact marital law. OK?

If you have calm, decent normal daily activity of the populace, they WONT enact martial law. OK?

Even a pre schooler can figure that one out.

Cheers!!!!

Hun we live on the verge of public chaos. Every day it gets little bit more difficult to turn on the news without being pissed off at something - how much do you think this country is going to take before they rebel? Honestly.

And Martial Law won't be that hard to CONVINCE people that we need it - the daily, average person, will turn on fox news and not re-think a single word coming out of Neil Cavuto's mouth (etc)

Unruly individuals could mean protesters, fighters, to grocery store complainers. You have no idea what the limit on that is - though I'm saying I do either. Public Chaos is something America is good at when the time is ready.

So yeah - I think its possible to some degree.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

WOW DG I have been lurking for some time angered at the way things have been going myself. I have been trying to figure out how to protect my family and make it in a mad max scenerio. its been a long time since I posted here and go figure it was your know it all mentallity that made me post now. I just dont have the time to sit in front of my computer all day and cry I told you so.

Thanks for being the only one to see these things coming... im so happy to have you here! [end sarcasm]

You are truly our voice of reason [sorry end sarcasm now]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Exactly.

I'm going into the Air Force very soon and a part of THAT bothers me. Were it not that I want to protect America, there wouldn't a be a chance in the world that I'd go.

Despite the fact I like to fly.

We've lost our loon - we think we have to let the governement control everything. Okay - yeah - sure. It just irks me that their just doing the jobs we gave them. In part whos to blame? Them or Us?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by geemony
reply to post by dgtempe

WOW DG I have been lurking for some time angered at the way things have been going myself. I have been trying to figure out how to protect my family and make it in a mad max scenerio. its been a long time since I posted here and go figure it was your know it all mentallity that made me post now. I just dont have the time to sit in front of my computer all day and cry I told you so.

Thanks for being the only one to see these things coming... im so happy to have you here! [end sarcasm]

You are truly our voice of reason [sorry end sarcasm now]

lol

I believe a bunch of people have realized it.... and a bunch of people think others are just dumb wits.

peace.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Check Out this Video.

Troops Deployed

[edit on 10-10-2008 by ConMi27]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by drock905

Do you see the wind?....does that mean it is not there?

The wind is invisable. I am pretty sure people would see thousands of troops on the streets.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Come on! Who thinks 3000 Troops are going to do ANYTHING, at all? Or are even capable of doing anything significant? Now I would be worried if they sent 50000 Troops. But 3000 Troops on the streets is the equiv to telling an Ant to stop an Elephant people. No significant advantage what so ever. Think a little before you get all hyped up. I thought thats what ATS was all about, deny ignorance, not create it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

I edited my post about a minute after i posted, just to add some things (we are not allowed to do that?) i hadn't even read your post at the time.

The army times article makes the deployment seem pretty harmless. A dedicated brigade for response to natural disasters and terrorist attacks. Not this stormtrooper style army ready to kill and round up citizens, that so many people here are ready to accept.

No where does it have the fear mongering element like it does in Naomi Wolf's article, the article which this thread was started with.

Thousands of troops are not on the streets of america.

I never said that the government is not capable of this, but at the moment there are not troops on the streets of America.

Its fear mongering, paranoia and irresponsible to automatically believe this is happening without real evidence. It helps no one.

ATS is full of threads like this and guess what? Just like all the alien landing predictions nothing ever comes of it. I swear it seems like people want this to happen. Everyday people post this crap that the military is gearing up to take over and provide ZERO evidence for thier claims.

We all know people in the military, other ATS members are in active service now. And still no evidence of this exists.

My apologizes assuming you volunteered.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by drock905]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

It only takes 50 cops to arrest 200 protesters,and that only takes about an hour at most - since they are already trapped in the "Free Speech Zone".

At that ratio 3000 troops could arrest 12 000 protesters and, and this particular brigade is trained in crowd-control and has all the latest technology not to mention they are battle-hardened troops (PTSD) from Iraq who have not been given any time off to re-adjust to being back home; most coming off their third tour.

Most protesters/rioters will run at the sight of these guys. Fifty of them would scare hundreds of protesters because they would likely be emerging Masked, out of clouds of CS gas whilst firing rubber bullets and tazer darts wielding huge steel-jacketed batons still covered in dry blood from breaking up another protest an hour ago.

I Live in Canada. I'm glad of it.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Some people want this to be true because they have invested so much in the people screaming it to them -Alex Jones, et al. Some people just really need to see that every scary little paranoid fantasy that they have followed is true.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Not to interject in a dark way here... But I was training for riot control and such on US soil in 1995. It wass in preperation for "public unrest" and then we were sent to Gitmo. Most training that is done by the military is done on US soil. No back in '95 we were not doing anything offensive. Just training. Also, the snippet included this: "Their stated mission is the form of crowd control they practiced in Iraq, subduing "unruly individuals," and the management of a national emergency." Ummm... I hate to say it, but that is the second mission of the military. There is no secret here.

Now... COULD this training be used in a harsh way upon the US citizens? Of course, look at Keene State... Public unrest is a real broad term folks. We (as the military) arre trained in many facets. Wed are trained to infilttrate and kill, but does that mean that strike forces will break into your home? It COULD... But doesn't mean it will.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
We keep talking and thinking about our troops patrolling in our streets and bringing order and law among us. Whatever orders given against Americans that might be.

As stated 4,000 soldiers isn't a lot when you figure into the fact that we have 50 states. What if however those 4,000 were used to command and train foreign troops that would be in America ruling over us?

Something else I've often wondered about too, any idea how many illegal aliens are over here living? What if they were offered citizenship and amnesty to simply wear a soldiers uniform and do what is asked of them. How would they have any loyalty to the average citizen?

Just some thoughts

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Your probably right. There are so many actual problems to be concerned with; not these rumors.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I like to keep an open mind about things, but not so open that my brains fall out.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpig
We keep talking and thinking about our troops patrolling in our streets and bringing order and law among us. Whatever orders given against Americans that might be.

As stated 4,000 soldiers isn't a lot when you figure into the fact that we have 50 states. What if however those 4,000 were used to command and train foreign troops that would be in America ruling over us?

Something else I've often wondered about too, any idea how many illegal aliens are over here living? What if they were offered citizenship and amnesty to simply wear a soldiers uniform and do what is asked of them. How would they have any loyalty to the average citizen?

Just some thoughts

See how this thread has mutated from an unfounded rumor into fantasy already. The posts are growing more and more hypothetical. People are worrying about things that are NOT happening while the stock market is crashing, people are dying in two wars that are barely covered in the press, and on and on and on.

Think about it, why would an illegal immigrant be loyal to someone promising them citizenship if they just agree to mistreat citizens? Would you want to be one of those citizens? It is a circular promise that either gets noone to agree to or gets noone to be loyal to.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Interesting post, filled with good debate pro and con. Something I will be watching.

I have noticed an increase in desperation lately, perhaps it is anecdotal, time will tell.

As far as the troops, I have yet to see them, but most of my military relationships are with the Air Force and Marines.

Eagan Thorn

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Warpig

s stated 4,000 soldiers isn't a lot when you figure into the fact that we have 50 states. What if however those 4,000 were used to command and train foreign troops that would be in America ruling over us?

The would be instant targets, and I'm sure a lot of NRA members would have no problem with target practice. It would be no contest.

Think about it-those illegal immigrants "ruling" over us? I think not!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join