It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Troops are Deployed on U.S Streets Ready to Carry Out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Let's do a little very simple math.

4,000 soldiers.

50 states.

That's 80 solders per state.

Assume 40 cities or towns large enough to be a problem.

That's 2 soldiers per city.

Hardly a menacing force.

Are you still shaking in your boots?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I agree one hundred percent and I DON'T believe this is happenning, the scary thought is that I know it could. I'm not saying that every American Soldier would be subjugated to do it - all I'm saying is that if anything over the next few years occured then it is a very HIGH possibility that some sort of these laws will be in effect. You cannot tell me that theres not a chance in the world that it won't. It happened in the 1960's during the segregation revolts, it happened in the 1800's with the President being under constant attack, and it'll happen again when it is US PEOPLE who are in need of being put back in OUR place to stop us from the revolting this 'republican democracy' that the citizens of the United States live in.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
"This isn't happening"

"Nor could it ever happen"

"This could never happen"

"I need pictures or I won't believe it"

"This is paranoia, it has to be"

Wow, Sounds like you folks just woke up.

Welcome to reality, the one were Posse Commitatus was violated.

The denial is thick as oatmeal on this thread. Get over it Americans; You're screwed.

This IS Happening, and you'd rather not believe it. Google it. Google it.

Then determine the validity of "the source" as you have always done.

What is this so hard to believe? Do you think by not believing it you can some how make it unhappen?

[edit on 10-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I was in the Air Force 20 years ago. God help me, I used to stop by 7-11 on the way home (in Norfolk, VA--the city--not the base) while I was in uniform. I suppose if a lot of people in this forum were around then they would report that the USAF was openly surveying the city of Norfolk!

Good Lord people, get a grip! YES, VIRGINIA, WE HAVE A MILITARY!! Sometimes, our military personnel, in an attempt to "be people", do "people" things! This includes showing up in "CIVILIAN" areas!

I'm glad I'm not in the military any more. If I was, with nutjobs like some folks around, I wouldn't be in uniform around the very people I VOLUNTEERED to protect!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
For now I possess a low level of concern. When I start seeing military check points and armed squads patrolling the streets then I will immediately jump into heart attack panic mode.

Now I'm gonna mosey on over to lolcats

[edit on 10-10-2008 by doomsauce]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Seriously, with a source like Alex Jones' site, I need some pictures, some official documentation, something. I have heard him spouting this stuff on his show but like most of his other stories....no real evidence of it being true yet.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yeah, i can see the trees move.
SHOW ME EVIDENCE OF THESE SUPPOSED TROOPS!!!!!!

There isn't any, you people posting this crap are just as bad as the government that your so convinced are doing this.

There are ZERO reports of troops anywhere in the US, and still you accept it as FACT!

Give me a break people, this isn't going on. Turn off your copy of the Matrix, and calm down.

Unbelievable

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
"First Brigade of the Third Infantry Division, three to four thousand soldiers, has been deployed in the United States as of October 1. Their stated mission is the form of crowd control they practiced in Iraq, subduing "unruly individuals," and the management of a national emergency."

These soldiers don't exist. This is all made up.

I'd like believe it, but then I'd have to stop lying to myself.

Reality is not Real.

*Buries head in sand...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
"First Brigade of the Third Infantry Division, three to four thousand soldiers, has been deployed in the United States as of October 1. Their stated mission is the form of crowd control they practiced in Iraq, subduing "unruly individuals," and the management of a national emergency."

These soldiers don't exist. This is all made up.

I'd like believe it, but then I'd have to stop lying to myself.

Reality is not Real.

*Buries head in sand...

Can you back it up with anything other than Alex Jones' claptrap?

[edit on 10/10/08 by MorningStar8741]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
"Can you back it up with anything other than Alex Jones' claptrap?"

Why must you always involve Alex Jones in your discussions?

Who cares what he says?

Here is proof, and not from Alex Jones.

Alternet.org - Troops have indeed been Deployed

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
reply to post by MorningStar8741

"Can you back it up with anything other than Alex Jones' claptrap?"

Why must you always involve Alex Jones in your discussions?

Who cares what he says?

You are using the "sorcha faal" technique - please stop.

Because the source was Alex's website.

so....got any proof of these troops being deployed yet?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

wow 3000 troops to subdue a population of over 300,000,000 yeah i'm shaking.....

Plus Alex Jones is not a news source, he has the same credibily as weekly world news. He makes his MONEY from being sensationlist.

People that buy into this crap are just as responsible with all this fear mongering as any government.

You are part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Read the post above your last post.

Click on the link in that post. This is the author.

"Naomi Wolf is the author of Give Me Liberty (Simon and Schuster, 2008), the sequel to the New York Times best-seller The End of America: A Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot (Chelsea Green, 2007)."

And who here remembers this guy?

Well there's bound to be a few like him in that Brigade being deployed (the soldier, not the puppy he kills)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

I LOL at your post.

It would actually be a Brigade vs whatever hapless town they are sent to.

They aren't spreading them out in a line and walking across the country. They are to be used as needed, where they are needed.

Morninstar,

clearly you don't believe anything you do not see with your own eyes, or any pictures that you did not take or any articles that you did not write - so what sort of proof would satisfy a person like you?

You realize that demanding impossible proofs is seen as a forfeit on this site.

Ponder this.... Civilian.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Ok, fine you win. Got any proof of that version of the story? It sure sounds like the one on infowars dont it?

Proof, silly. I asked for proof. It really does not matter who the source is, if there are no troops anywhere, it is not true.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I lol at your assumption that i was saying that 3000 troops would march across the country. Let me clarify...

You assume the problems would happen one at a time. Do you think in a situation where troops would need to be brought in subdue a population there would not be incidents all over the country going on a the same time?

If there isnt there would be. As soon as the people started hearing about confrintations with the military the county would erupt.

These 3000 troops are a non-factor, they would be too spread out.
Thats why i think this is BS fear monering and it helps no one.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

"Thats why i think this is BS fear monering and it helps no one"

Unfortunately it is true. And you are the one 'mongering the BS'...

Have you ever been in the military? Served overseas?

In terms of killing potential: 3000 soldiers (all armed) times 30 (rounds per mag) x 4 mags= potentially 360 000 casualties if every bullet hit it's target.

That doesn't ever happen, but you see what I mean don't you, civilian?

If every tenth bullet hit a target, 3000 soldiers could kill 36 000 people.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Don't forget the tanks mate ! These troops are backup for the police forces and national guard. Of course 3000 men won't hold a country. But they could flatten LA suburbia or brooklyn, where things will really get hot.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Your oversimplifing.

The US population is armed.

It would not be limited to some backwater town.

The last thing the government would want is this, it would lead to escalation and spin out of control.

Your were obviously in the military. So would you kill your friends and family members if instructed.? What about these 3000 troops? Serioulsy think about it.

How are these troops any different then the number already in the country?

Your acting like there aren't any troops here now that have weapons and tanks.

This article has alot of she said he said. Naomi Wolf? The feminist writer? (correct me if i'm wrong) When did she become a news source for military movements in the US?

Your served. Good for you, its one of the greatest things a citizen can do. I respect anyone who makes that choice.

But don't talk down to people who didn't This article is flimsy at best, and it has nothing to do with your service.

Its fear mongering and it sells her books.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by drock905]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905

Your were obviously in the military. So would you kill your friends and family members if instructed.? What about these 3000 troops? Serioulsy think about it.

You are right about my being in the military; I served in Korea during the war.

Even then we had psychopaths and sociopaths who would kill for fun and likely wouldn't hesitate to follow such orders.

Troops are hand-picked for certain missions. Soldiers sent to serve in the Mainland would have no doubt been assessed as to their psycholgical state.

They will be men who have been profiled and who have likely already stated that they would follow such orders, and would have no problem at all serving in "the homeland."

I repeat, this brigade has been selected because the soldiers serving in it have answered 'yes' certain to questions in the numerous instances during which they were being profiled. You can bet they are going to follow orders.

Killing people can be a lot of fun for some people. It doesn't really matter who - so long as they are not family. This is sadly the mindset for many soldiers. Many men become soldiers for this reason.

I was drafted - you know, FORCED to serve under pain of imprisonment and family exile. Luckily, I was able to convince myself that I was going in the place of an Evil Man, an thus could do good where someone else would have done wrong.... Basically I rationalized it to myself, like many of us did.

"The US population is armed."

Trust me: They are cowards and won't do a damn thing until the TV tells them to. The population is too dumb and too scared to ever do anything like start an uprising, or engage a brigade in combat.

Edit: *I see you've backposted;

Several Articles including the Original Army Times article have been posted on this thread. I only posted that article as further substantiation.

I am surprised the number of people who suddenly began believing the government would/could do no wrong after this deployment was announced.

9/11, Waco, USS Liberty, WMD's in Iraq, 2.7 trillion missing on sept. 10 2001, Gulf of Tonkin.... Yup, Thi administration would never deploy troops on US soil - yet they admit to sexually torturing children in front of their parents to get info from them (Google: John Yoo Torture Memo), and have taken away all of your rights with the Patriot Act....

This Sets the precedent: The Posse Commitatus Act has been violated and no legal action has been taken against the perpetrators.

The soldiers in the brigade know about the Posse Commitatus Act, yet they did not refuse orders. They followed their orders to disregard that act and continue their operations within "The Homeland" - now what dos that tell you about the quality of those men?

The soldiers know they are breaking the law, and setting a dangerous precedent. They don't care, that's why this particular group was selected. Not one of them has refused to deploy. They are wilfully engaged in Treason, but who cares.... no one is going to stop them

Good Day

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join