It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Troops are Deployed on U.S Streets Ready to Carry Out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
Maybe when scumbags/animals stop acting like such during a disaster we wouldn't need to ask for soldiers help. But when you have people stealing, shooting, murdering, raping, ALL while the streets are flooded...you clean up the crap the best way possible.

You were in the military, and still have friends in it...I pray to god they don't think that what you just said is true.

You know, being as almost all those stories have been debunked and proven to be blatant lies in most cases. The raping and shooting at heli's was a bunch of crap that shamefully circulated for awhile.

While I may not believe as the OP believes in regards to these troops being home...I am frightened by the mindset you have shown.

If you can believe that crap (about hurricane Katrina; calling them animals and scumbags), then if the military was ever to be used against the public, they would have at least one soldier to blindly follow orders.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
You were in the military, and still have friends in it...I pray to god they don't think that what you just said is true.

You know, being as almost all those stories have been debunked and proven to be blatant lies in most cases. The raping and shooting at heli's was a bunch of crap that shamefully circulated for awhile.

While I may not believe as the OP believes in regards to these troops being home...I am frightened by the mindset you have shown.

If you can believe that crap (about hurricane Katrina; calling them animals and scumbags), then if the military was ever to be used against the public, they would have at least one soldier to blindly follow orders.

Spines I got news for you...I was at Katrina, I spent 7 weeks there. So bluntly put, your wrong, and I'm guessing were nowhere near the decay in N.O. during the days prior to the National Guard coming in to take over relief efforts. So YOU my friend are the one full of crap...and debunked by who? I promise you, those who say it DIDN'T happen are the ones who were NOT there before the NG showed up.

And frightened by my minset...what my common sense to know this is all BS. My FIRST HAND knowledge of what happens if/when troops are asked to work CONUS assignments outside of Posse Comitatus. Not to mention I am a law enforcement officer near a city with over 6 million people in it...which means IF this ever comes to be truth, I think I would know..considering it would take ABOUT 8-10 MILLION soldiers just to seize Atlanta alone...if you want total control of the AO. Of course if you wanted to just shoot and kill every person you see and NOT capture any of them, then you could get away with 4 million troops for Atlanta. But currently the US has how many serving in uniform? Do the math, and you'll see how far fetched this is...

And assuming I would blindly follow orders...why because I know more then you about this subject? Because I WAS there at Katrina and saw the SCUM take advantage of each other...because being civil isn't an option to them? Because you read some articles or watched a news broadcast and THINK you know more then those of us who were there, or lived the life?

This isn't about katrina, its about a ploy to make people fear something thats NOT happening. But, if you want to get to the root of it all, look at katrina...and how people DID act during that time, and you can see why the soldiers may have to help out.

[edit on 10/9/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My son just got done going through the devastation in Houston ,when it was at it worst he said that FEMA was completely missing where he was at there was no Red Cross anywhere not one bit of food aid or anything like that ,but he said the garbage trucks were coming by on the hour and that the Police were doing a spectacular job of keeping order, he told me about some guys that were price gouging water and pop and he said the cops shut those guys down as well they should ,he also said the cops were real heroes and peace keepers in that time and he had nothing but good things to say about what they were doing. H e didn't see any Troops or any abuses of power

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Just drove by an old army barracks that has been abandoned for 10 years in Natick, MA and it is now filled with cammo'ed transport trucks and humvees! I almost drove off the road upon seeing this! They are getting ready for something and now its hitting way too close to home.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Uhhh thats still active up there isn't it. The SSC (soldier system center). They are a quartermaster outfit I think...its been awhile.

My guess is you saw a NG or reserve unit there training or schooling. Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Dude, I think you need to really take a chill pill. "All that hate is going to burn you up."

People are freaking and geeking over nothing. Haven't heard squat about anyone being called up (any more than normal). Nothing about strange flights in the middle of the night. People wet themselves from seeing a truck or Hummer on the highway. I saw one today. Just some PFC driving it. Guess that means WW3, right?

And people here know that the Posse Comitatus Act just limits the use of the US military for law enforcement only, right?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

No its not the SSC, its on speen st and i drive by it a lot. It was completely abandoned and barren. No one has gone in or out in YEARS. The last time i remember it being active was when i was playing pewee hockey in 98. All of the sudden it is filled?

google map link

[edit on 9-10-2008 by bringthelight]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Rep. Brad Sherman says Congress threatened with Martial Law if bill was not passed

Afshin Rattansi talks to Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration. He was Associate Editor of the Wall Street Journal editorial page and Contributing Editor of National Review. He is coauthor of The Tyranny of Good Intentions. Also mentions threats of Martial Law.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
A quick question, just to clear things up for all these deluded people who for some reason have unconditional confidence in the military.

Ever been on a protest march ?

Ever got shot at with rubber bullets, or tear gassed by your sons and daughters and fathers and such ? By your "fellow americans" ?
By people who follow orders and who don't CARE who the F*** they are shooting, kicking, gassing, bludgeoning ? Because that's their job ? Because they got orders ? Maybe it might have knocked some sense into you.

Never trust a man who's job is to shoot people. Never trust a man who is the system's gun arm. Full stop.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail

Ever got shot at with rubber bullets.....

Nah, just with real ones.

And you know that Cops are the ones working protest marches, not the US military.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Exactly. That's what "just cops" do. The military have tanks and live bullets.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail

Ever been on a protest march ?

Ever got shot at with rubber bullets, or tear gassed by your sons and daughters and fathers and such ? By your "fellow americans" ?
By people who follow orders and who don't CARE who the F*** they are shooting, kicking, gassing, bludgeoning ?

historically your ok if you are peaceful.

poke a bear with a stick and no tree can save you.

remember the million man march? i wasnt there, i wasnt even born, but the media was. multiple media outlets usually provide citizens security of justice through film.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

I'll take that your answer to my question is no.
Your ok, if you're peacefull ?
I've been gassed and batonned while sitting on my a$$, doing nothing but shouting. No violence, no agitators. I was the front line. A cop walked up to me, unloaded tear gas in my face, and kicked me in the ribs and head while I was incapacitated. Maybe my backside was being violent to the side walk ? They are payed to do it, free to do it, so they do it. Same for the military. Some of them even enjoy it.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConMi27

Background: the First Brigade of the Third Infantry Division, three to four thousand soldiers, has been deployed in the United States as of October 1. Their stated mission is the form of crowd control they practiced in Iraq, subduing "unruly individuals," and the management of a national emergency. I am in Seattle and heard from the brother of one of the soldiers that they are engaged in exercises now. Amy Goodman reported that an Army spokesperson confirmed that they will have access to lethal and non lethal crowd control technologies and tanks.

George Bush struck down Posse Comitatus, thus making it legal for military to patrol the U.S. He has also legally established that in the "War on Terror," the U.S. is at war around the globe and thus the whole world is a battlefield. Thus the U.S. is also a battlefield.

What do you guys think?

"Could face martial law..." - to some degree aren't we already facing it? and with the U.S Army given persmission to control our streets ... thats more control than should be given up to any one group of men to decide. This is a republic is it not? WE DO make decisions don't we? Then somebody explain to me why I woke up to this...

[edit on 9-10-2008 by ConMi27]

Note the quoted words in your insert..."unruly individuals".

Now does it take a slide rule to figure this out or what?

If you have mass public chaos, YES they will enact marital law. OK?

If you have calm, decent normal daily activity of the populace, they WONT enact martial law. OK?

Even a pre schooler can figure that one out.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

Yeah? What were the real circumstances? Because I have been approached by many many cops and never ONCE was I assaulted. I've never been tazed or maced or batoned.

Maybe I'm just not doing it right, what did you do?
How, Mr Ismail, do I get all that rough treatment?
I want to witness/experience that kind of stuff, but, I never seem to pull it off.
And, how do I get all of the soldiers who AREN'T patrolling my streets to do this stuff?
Because this whole thread is a "what if" and that doesn't carry water.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I received this kind of treatment during a protest march, as stated previously. I was not the only one to be the victim of an unprovoked attack. You want some to ? Just sit on the ground when the cops tell you to move. We were blocking a town square. Not throwing rocks, or assaulting old ladies. Just blocking a town square and chanting. We were ordered to move, and we did not. So they charged.

The point i'm trying to make is not that the military are in the streets, just that judging on the conduct of the forces of law and order I have personally witnessed on several occasions, you should not put it behind the military to follow orders IF they are told to do so. The people who hit me and gassed me were citizens of my country, fathers sisters, brothers etc...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a group of individuals is hard to control. look at the verbal venom we spit here at ATS, now multiply that by thousands, and add close contact and Body Odor, and yes, you have a cocktail of self destruction.

if your cause means so much to you, why not move to the park and continue your chanting?

if in fact everyone follows proper procedures for said events, and it still gets wild, then whip out your trusty camcorder and watch civil rights in the making.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by drsmooth23]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Although I do not presume that martial law will reach full force on our land in any short amount of time, I would like to address those who think that because our sons, daughters, and relatives are in the Army, they won't hurt us...

en.wikipedia.org...

The Milgram experiment is very revealing about human nature. All one has to do is make an order, and the soldier will carry it out. If he has misgivings, the officers can tell them whatever lies they want. A soldier is trained to react quickly and instinctively. I don't believe our Army is that malicious yet, but do not be so naive as to think one of our own wouldn't turn on us.

What about our bulldog police, who tazer a kid 19 times after he is unconscious? Weren't they our fathers, brothers, and sisters?

Again, I don't believe martial law is here yet. But don't try and tell me I'm safe because we have our own in the Army. We just aren't.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

My cause needed to be heard, which is why it had be decided to block a town center, therefore impeding transports, therefore impeding economy. A park would have served no purpose, because we would not have had an impact on the only thing the governement cares about : money. And they would not have listened. I went through three months of this kind of stuff, and we finally got a partial gain of cause. It wouldn't have turned out the same had we been faced with live ammo and APC's. That is the only point I'm trying to make. If a man can legally shoot you, he should not be trusted.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

More and more as days pass by I realize how much 'freedom' was just a jest to make us feel in control.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join