It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It doesn't matter who becomes President!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Obama this, McCain that, Palin this, Biden that. Hundreds of threads. But we are really skirting the issue here. It really doesn't matter who becomes president. What really matters is who fills those 435 seats in the House of Representatives and 100 seats in the Senate. Here is the reason why...

Neither of these candidates have the kind of appeal to drag new senators and representatives into office on their coattails.

If McCain wins and nothing changes in the House and Senate he will be pretty much a lame duck president from the get go.

Presidential candidates can promise about anything they want but they don't have a vote. Only the VP has a vote as the president of the Senate.

I think we should be spending more time discussing the repercussions of a democratic or repubilcan controlled House and Senate or even a divided House and Senate.

In my opinion President's don't matter. The only one that I've seen buck the system was Ronald Reagan.

What scares me the most is not Obama as President. But Obama as President with Democratic control of both houses! Can you say open Checkbook!

And we think we have problems now. You want to have nightmares? Just imagine the trifecta of Barak Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What I think is at stake in this election. The command of the US armed forces. IMO, Obama doesn't have the experience whereas McCain does. Something to consider before you step into the booth and decide the fate of the nation for the next four years.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

It doesn't matter who the puppets are, because they are not in control.
The Banks own the Corps, The corps own the politicians.
Wake Up Guys!.....Isn't so obvious after the $700B package?

All you hear the McCain this, Obama that,...it is cover for the fleecing going on behind the scenes........

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinktip
reply to post by Fromabove

It doesn't matter who the puppets are, because they are not in control.
The Banks own the Corps, The corps own the politicians.
Wake Up Guys!.....Isn't so obvious after the $700B package?

All you hear the McCain this, Obama that,...it is cover for the fleecing going on behind the scenes........

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Pinktip]

In the end it doesn't matter because this is all being done to bring about a one world currancy and then a one world government. But it's not too late just yet. American is simply being transferred into an extension of Europe..

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralLee

And we think we have problems now. You want to have nightmares? Just imagine the trifecta of Barak Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

Now you know how we have felt for so long...

You'll survive-

And on a fiscal front just keep reminding yourselves about the spending in the BUSH II
era. It was historic and record breaking.

If you can think of something more undesirable than an imperialistic WAR that wastes buku $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$???

As we are reaching the end of the DEM/LIBERAL hell and coming to the VERY beginning
of a CONSERVATIVE/GOP hell.I would like to have a conservative take on HELL/PROBLEM considering the political inversion occurring shortly???

:lol
.S - if one of you says healthcare in contrast to war I will hunt you with a brick!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Health care in contrast to war

BRING IT!

On a serious note....either way the elections go, its not going to "magically" erase this debt. bigger things are coming. Count on that, this is only the beginning, when a tire rolls down hill it only picks up spead. Everybody is talkin about marshall law and fight the power and all that, but i havent seen any rallys on tv, i havent seen and protesting, nothing at all in public, BROAD DAYLIGHT.

Actions speak louder than words. RABBLE

we need a million man march on DC, make this stop and let our voices be heard

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

Absolutely ! Even more so, democracy is merely a guise to appease the commoners. The Monarchical families of Europe didn't just go away after the French Revolution in the 18th century. They have always owned the banks and controlled finance in the world.For example, who funded the exploration of North America by Christopher Columbus ? Queen Isabella.
It is no different today. Just look at the controlling interest of the Federal Reserve.
The wealthy families of the world own the Banks, who own the Corporations that own the Politicians.

Its pretty apparent whenever the bipartisan party system has been threatened by the likes of Ross Perot or Ron Paul. Ron Paul has voiced his opposition to the Fed and the Feds collection agency the IRS and was quickly silenced. All of these threats to the system are essentially eliminated from the running and cast as kooks by the corporate owned media.

Voting out the Congress and the House members would be a major start. But they're owned by corporate America as well. As long as the puppet president has the power to Veto , the wealthy elitists generally end up getting their way. Just look at the recent Bailout...what scam !

The internet is our salvation. I feel that via the 'net, as with ATS here, provides a means for people to openly voice their feelings in an open forum. This is really the only way we'll be able to break the status quo and begin to educate the masses with the truth and hopefully a paradigm shift away from the historical financial servitude to the wealthy elitist families who OWN each and every one of us.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by nh_ee]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I do agree got into a heated argument this morning,some are under the impression as soon as Obama takes office everything will be fine,I asked how and was attacked from all sides,seems to me before a bill gets passed it must go through congress,and mentioning that congress is a Democratic majority they said I was stupid,whomever is in office will inherit a can of worms

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I do agree got into a heated argument this morning,some are under the impression as soon as Obama takes office everything will be fine,I asked how and was attacked from all sides,seems to me before a bill gets passed it must go through congress,and mentioning that congress is a Democratic majority they said I was stupid,whomever is in office will inherit a can of worms

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I was all ready to correct the OP from the title of the thread but I have to agree that a normal presidential administration is no more, and perhaps even less important than having and intelligent and thoughtful Congress.

I think it is more important to get the Obama Biden ticket into the white house simply because the prospect of having Sarah Palin at the head of our armed forces with access to the nuclear codes scares the living *&%$ out of me. Saying she is fit for Commander in Chief is extreme denial. Country first! live it.

Before this campaign I was pretty happy it would be McCain or Obama to make it through.

Third parties should have better luck getting voted into congress and then going for president.

top topics

join